The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

New thread for Clouding Swarm

• dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To give everyone an update, we are very aware that there's still an outstanding bug with this ability. At this time, we're planning on just giving this ability a little overhaul, though the exact changes are still being finalized. When we have details to share, we'll definitely let you know.

Overhaul.... please be stam morph! PLEASE BE STAM MORPH!

It's an ultimate... so this makes no sense.
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    To give everyone an update, we are very aware that there's still an outstanding bug with this ability. At this time, we're planning on just giving this ability a little overhaul, though the exact changes are still being finalized. When we have details to share, we'll definitely let you know.

I'm guessing he meant make it use physical damage so it's affected by Mighty.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you can't make us "invisible" just make it so you ignore non-dot single target damage... Call it "warding swarm"
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    If you can't make us "invisible" just make it so you ignore non-dot single target damage... Call it "warding swarm"

If people see you apply a ultimate dot like swarm. You'll get multiple Dawnbreakers/meteor. The invisible part is what made it strong.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay tuned for the next major update (in about 3 months) this is ZOS efficiency.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

If people see you apply a ultimate dot like swarm. You'll get multiple Dawnbreakers/meteor. The invisible part is what made it strong.

You can 100% die to DBoS in invis bats even when it worked
  • ArgoCye
    ArgoCye
    ✭✭✭✭

No.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really hope that this is updated in this upcoming patch. If not I want any crowns back used to pay for Vampirism.
  • DrMorisson
    Fixed? any one knows?
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can 100% die to DBoS in invis bats even when it worked

Yeah but being able to catch players with surprise attack stuns was so strong. Clouding Swarm is what let nightblades be a lot more aggressive against mulitple opponents. Also i miss steel tornado and clouding swarm very much.

Yeah i meant to change the damage type to disease or something. Bats are known for carrying diseases and such so it works out.

The only reason im in favor of a stamina morph of bat swarm is because im in favor of magicka werewolfs as well. Werewolfs however would need a bigger overhaul to support it but its something i wish would happen. I'd imagine magicka werewolfs would be very very tanky with insane heals and stamina versions just be high damage.
    PS4 NA DC
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah but being able to catch players with surprise attack stuns was so strong. Clouding Swarm is what let nightblades be a lot more aggressive against mulitple opponents. Also i miss steel tornado and clouding swarm very much.

I'm pretty sure i speak for many of us here, NOBODY miss the batnado zerg balls, NOBODY.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

I'm pretty sure i speak for many of us here, NOBODY miss the batnado zerg balls, NOBODY.

I do >:)
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have yet to see anyone using this morph. Can we change it back now
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to see anyone using this morph. Can we change it back now

They couldn't fix it, so they changed it. Changing it back would result in the same bugs.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any changes to this? Was such a great ultimate now I haven't seen it used.
  • frostbreeze
    frostbreeze
    ✭✭✭
    My friend bringing clouding swarm back would mean buffing 1vX again.ZoS will not do it cause they clearly stated they want 1vX to be impossible.Xv1 should always win in their pugminds so dont expect that great ult to be back.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    They broke this when they broke cloak its ridiculous.

I guess swarm will be fixed when cloak is finally fixed on the 5th....

...of never. Really, wasn't there some promise of a clock fix in the last patch? Anybody noticed any improvement.. I haven't.
    Edited by QuebraRegra on June 21, 2017 12:38AM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, they fixed. Like they normally "fix" things.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, clouding swarm may not be fixed, but it appears thread-Necromancy is working as intended.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, clouding swarm may not be fixed, but it appears thread-Necromancy is working as intended.

the only "necromancy" going on here is the ancient history of unfixed bugs on ZOS part. Still broke, so still relevant.

let's start a "deadpool" and guess how much longer this one will go on.