The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dueling is imbalanced

BurritoESO
BurritoESO
✭✭✭✭
Dueling is ruled by heavy armor shuffle stam users, magicka templars that never die, and whoever can fit the most proc sets and black rose in one build

Nomatter how many mistakes they make they don't die, people one shotting people on tank builds

It's all about CP and builds now, skill isn't required anymore

K
Edited by BurritoESO on October 10, 2016 7:54PM
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already? This category just got built like 5 seconds ago
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BurritoESO wrote: »
    Dueling is ruled by heavy armor shuffle stam users, magicka templars that never die, and whoever can fit the most proc sets and black rose in one build

Nomatter how many mistakes they make they don't die, people one shotting people on tank builds

It's all about CP and builds now, skill isn't required anymore

K

While I find it funny that you're saying "skill isn't required any more" on something that is less than 2 weeks old, I'll bite. What's your set up? How is it more skilled than what your opponents are using? I'm no fan of many current stam builds, but I do always like to hear what constitutes "skill".
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    Of course it's imbalanced, due to lag being imbalanced.
  • Talyena
    Talyena
    ✭✭✭✭
    This isn't a 1v1 dueling game and never should be balanced that way. It's just something you'll have to deal with.
  • Abob
    Abob
    ✭✭✭
    That's why no CP dueling would be nice.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, there are those literally unkillable DK tanks and templar healbot tanks.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Duelling is perfectly balanced. I think you mean to say, Stam DK's and Magplars (major mending and heavy armour) are OP. Which they are. I still got my arse handed to me buy a Stam Sorc on my Magplar though, also in heavy.

I've tried to raise awareness of the OP state of Magicka Templars when paired with heavy armour but I was mostly flamed by Forumplars, called "a cancer to the community " and was basically told I know nothing about Templars despite maining one since 2nd beta... but nothing too unreasonable. xD

Good luck with your thread, they're coming.
    PC EU
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few CP passives that encourage players to use stamina (namely, unchained) and another that encourages super tanky SnB (doubles the armor of a shield). With CP, you'll likely never run out of resources either. Not to mention Hardy and elemental defender outpace the damage CPs.

Thanks to CP, medium damage and medium survivability builds don't have much viability. They will be outpaced by high damage builds (who are afforded a base level of survivability) and super tanky builds will win by attrition.

Please give us a no-CP dueling option.

And since I'm in a ranting mood, I'm also going to complain about:
    Stam Sorcs. There are too da(rn) many of them, spamming their flurry and whatnot thinking they're all that.

Proc sets. I got in a duel with a really good nightblade. Flawless conquerors tend to be better at duels than your average bear. He kept little old stormproof me on the run constantly but every death had a Selene proc in it. All of them. One of the duels that made me really salty has 2 Selene procs in the death recap. Then the cocky *** said I needed to work on my stamina control or whatever, as if I ever had trouble breaking free. A completely different nightblade spammed poison injection on me. After the second one, widowmaker proced on me, which proced viper, which proced velidreth, which was followed by an incapacitating strike for the kill. Ok. Thanks Wrobel.

Anyone who keeps shield active on themselves at all times despite not being a sorc. I would appreciate a sporting chance kthnxbye.

Builds that are centered on keeping you constantly rooted, mostly because I know that if I were a stamina user I would be able to have active immunity against it.

The lack of ability to offer a draw for a duel. I'm not going to win against a reactive malubeth user but he certainly won't kill me! And I have to stay here and fight a pointless battle cuz this guy decided to be that one guy?
    Edited by WhiteMage on October 11, 2016 9:22AM
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Duelling is perfectly balanced. I think you mean to say, Stam DK's and Magplars (major mending and heavy armour) are OP. Which they are. I still got my arse handed to me buy a Stam Sorc on my Magplar though, also in heavy.

I've tried to raise awareness of the OP state of Magicka Templars when paired with heavy armour but I was mostly flamed by Forumplars, called "a cancer to the community " and was basically told I know nothing about Templars despite maining one since 2nd beta... but nothing too unreasonable. xD

lol Magplar bashing again
  • Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    l2p :'(
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They're here ^
    PC EU
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's definitely strange that there is no non-CP duelling available.
    PC EU
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're here ^

I've only seen crazy feats of magplar in CP environments. I'm inclined to think CP is the problem, not heavy armor, or magplars, or even heavy armor magplars themselves.

The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They're here ^

Only to comment on your posts I find it strange that your only fixated on Magplars when the unbalance includes Stamima as well , but hey post what you want just don't included any videos like your last one that didn't really prove anything
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭
    There we go again *graps Popcorn*

There was no update about classbalance, so its still the same PvP since Dark Brotherhood :)
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They're here ^

Only to comment on your posts I find it strange that your only fixated on Magplars when the unbalance includes Stamima as well , but hey post what you want just don't included any videos like your last one that didn't really prove anything

L2read perhaps?
    PC EU
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see you are new to dueling, welcome, have a seat, and enjoy the crap show. Anyone who has dueled before this "structured" dueling knew that dueling is a joke and is imbalanced.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They're here ^

L2read perhaps?

L2Think before posting outrageous accusations ( back up what your trying to infer )
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »

They're here ^

I've only seen crazy feats of magplar in CP environments. I'm inclined to think CP is the problem, not heavy armor, or magplars, or even heavy armor magplars themselves.

Yeah they're double dipping in Thaumaturge and Elemental atm. You can put 100 in Elemental, some in critical damage, penetration and the rest of your blue points into Thaumaturge. Since all Templar's strongest DPS skills are DoT's it's boosting damage really well, the same goes for Magicka Dk. You really don't need to put any points into healing either as Breath of Life/Honor the Dead is really strong.

So there's that but Templar's strongest attribute is it's sustainability in heavy armour, they pair so well, CP's add a little more sustain but they don't make it. ZOS even kept Soulshine dropping in heavy so now you'll see 4000+ spell power on fricking tank! It's unfortunate the 3 other classes don't get such synergy with their Magicka counterparts.
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on October 11, 2016 11:22AM
    PC EU
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They're here ^

L2read perhaps?

L2Think before posting outrageous accusations ( back up what your trying to infer )

When you actually L2P, you will understand what is OP and what is not.
    PC EU
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They're here ^

L2read perhaps?

When you actually L2P, you will understand what is OP and what is not.

Lol L2P your posts get more funnier each time
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imbalances in contemporary online games are inevitable which is why regular folks play in groups.

People who take the combat portion of an online game quite seriously will, therefore, alternately dominate and be dominated by like minded souls if they take dueling seriously.

Perhaps they should focus less on builds and more on suitable attire. I suggest something with an exposed corset, such as that Breton riding outfit.

Nice%20Dom%20Outfit%201_zpsnz9qqs3v.png

And, if you're a Dragonknight, use that whip thing a lot.
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aiphaton wrote: »
    There we go again *graps Popcorn*

There was no update about classbalance, so its still the same PvP since Dark Brotherhood :)

Not entirely true. Valkyn Skoria got buffed, meaning that magplars using it have a lot more damage than before, while retaining their tankyness and their one-button healing spam. I mean they can just lie there on the ground out of stamina and still do insane damage due to all the dots/ valkyn procs.
    Though it's not only a magplar issue. Just these proc sets in general.. Velidreth, Selene... And heavy armor.

As I see it, if you're going for a tanky build, you should sacrifice some damage. Atm however, heavy armor builds have just as much damage if not more than light/medium armor users. Hell even mag sorcs began wearing it. And due to Black Rose/ constitution passive, they don't run out of resources either.

As for skill, well I guess in this game it consists of the ability to time your skills to burst someone down, be reactive enough to CC break and avoid similar bursts on you, and deal with your resource management. With the proc sets like viper and selene/velidreth however, you don't need to time anything. The sets do your job for you. Same goes for resource management if you're in heavy armor. As an example: timing your curse + frags + DB + detonation inb4 sorc got ruined requires a bit more skill than just ambush in and let viper + selene do the rest.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talyena wrote: »
    This isn't a 1v1 dueling game and never should be balanced that way. It's just something you'll have to deal with.

^^^This

This is why I don't 1v1 seriously. If someone asked for help on builds/ training that I would most certainly do. But if I want to play serious 1v1 I play Street Fighter. This is a MMO, which is group based gameplay. I play PvP / ESO for these game play elements only.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on October 11, 2016 1:35PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just don't duel and tell everyone you have skills :) Problem solved.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i do quite well on my magDK in dueling... sure I lose a good amount of fights, but i've won a good amount of fights as well ... i duel half the time in 5L/1M/1H ... and the other half of the time in 5H/1M/1L ... depending on what im wearing at the time ... def a bit more challenging in the 5L setup... but its still fun
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dueling is like thieving and assassination; pointless distraction.

This game should never be balanced around 1v1 and it should remain the novelty that it is.All balance threads that arise from dueling should be ignored.
    Edited by tonemd on October 11, 2016 7:42PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »
    Dueling is like thieving and assassination; pointless distraction.

This game should never be balanced around 1v1 and it should remain the novelty that it is.All balance threads that arise from dueling should be ignored.

Obvious the game should be balanced around the RP community. Good thing they fixed that issues with the mushrooms. Radiant Destruction? What's that?
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well if I learned anything from dueling from MMOs is that certain builds just won't work.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way to get truly balanced is to go back to the good old days of Quake Arena where everyone had the same gear and stats.
    The one thing you could always count on back then, when you lost, it was because either you screwed up or you just weren't good enough.

But as soon as you have more than one option, balance goes out the door and skill takes the backseat.
    You better get used to it, it will never change.
    shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on October 12, 2016 12:14AM