The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Launcher swapped from (NA) to (EU) and is now unable to update and forces me to install

Hexys
Hexys
✭✭✭✭✭
I am playing on PC-EU.

With update 12 our launchers changed to 'The Elder Scrolls Online (NA)', we would log in and find that in-game we are able to choose our server. Since today's maintenance my launcher doesn't show (NA) anymore but instead (EU), which the launcher can't find on my computer and is now telling me to install the game. With the new option to change server in-game (which I tried both with the outdated client) and not in the launcher I can't change the launcher to (NA). So after I tried this I went to my 'Zenimax Online' folder and I saw there were 2 main maps. The Elder Scrolls Online and The Elder Scrolls Online PTS. So the one without I edited to The Elder Scrolls Online NA and hoped that my launcher would show NA but it doesn't and still shows EU. After that I edited it to The Elder Scrolls online EU and I got the option to repair the game but this results in Error 209 - PatchManifestError_VersionFail.

I have a high download speed and it won't be an issue downloading the game again, but as more people might run into this issue it would be nice if there is a way to fix it without completely reinstalling the game.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a noobfilter o:)
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Entire game (40GB) is being downloaded instead of just the patch (2.3GB)
    EU players may find this is happening after the Launcher update is complete. Close the launcher. Navigate to where you have ESO installed on your machine, and open the “Launcher” directory. Open “launcher.settings” in Notepad (or any preferred document editor) and look for the “region”:”EU” entry. Change this to read “region”:”US”, and save the launcher.settings file. The launcher can now be reopened and the patch continued.

If “region” is already set to “US” in settings, then navigate to where you have ESO installed on your machine. If you see a newly-created folder titled “Elder Scrolls Online”, delete that. Then, rename your original folder titled “Elder Scrolls Online EU” to just “Elder Scrolls Online.” When you re-open the launcher, you will download the 2.3GB patch rather than the entire game.

^Found this in the offical thread. Not sure if it's solves anything but guess it's worth a try.
    ---
    Repair your game :">
    Oh, and have a nice day ^-^,,
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • elvenmad
    elvenmad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is though even if you re download the entire game, if you play EU you will still have the launcher issue, game is broke until they fix it properlly it will always be broke you have to use player tested work arounds and fix's
    < PC - EU >