Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Jewelry crafting?

KloudKotuzai
KloudKotuzai
✭✭
If every other set can drop in jewelry. Why can't we craft jewelry? Just a thought, I might be not understanding the reason to no jewelry crafting...I just find it unfair to crafting sets.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another jewellery crafting thread? I want it, but it's unlikely to happen. Something about balancing.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Crafted sets need an update urgently: increasing their set bonuses and allowing us to craft jewels for them would be a nice start
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    60912618.jpg
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Soundwave
    Soundwave
    ✭✭✭
    Another jewellery crafting thread? I want it, but it's unlikely to happen. Something about balancing.

Something about Balance, I am confused. Aren't they stronger sets out there already? I always thought crafting were Sub par compare to other sets.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just let us craft jewlery for sets we already have. Thats it...
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like it, though I don't think it's currently in the works.

I currently run the Destruction Master (or whatever it's called) 3-piece jewelry set, but it's prohibitively expensive to but these pieces for all three of my major characters, and to make sure my wife's character is well supplied with these pieces.

In that regard, I'd love to be able to craft my own jewelry sets. But as I said, I don't think it's in the works. There's too many other areas of the game that need attention, so I'm actually OK with Jewelry crafting being on the "back burner" for the time being.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly this would balance crafted sets a lot. With all the new sets, I honestly don't know how the "it would be unbalanced" argument even works anymore. I could see the point back with Update 6 or so because dropped sets were not really as good as crafted sets. Now not only are dropped sets BiS, but they synergize better than crafted + dropped.

I think many of the crafted sets need to redone, but the biggest balance is jewelry. There also needs to be some shifting around to put the best sets in 7-9 traits which should rival all but trial sets while 1-4 traits should mirror BoE in terms of usefulness.

The most obvious example is oblivion's foe set. It literally buffs only 1 skill, and not even to the point of usefulness. Why doesn't it give bonuses to the passives in soul magic? With the buff to Soul Strike, why doesn't it do something to buff it (ie let it pass some level of blocking mitigation)?

I'm just spitballing with the example above, but crafted needs to have a theme of creating diverse builds or playstyles, while I think dropped should range from buffing/supporting various builds. I think this is already in place, but the trait system should be driving the complexity and usefulness of crafting, just like overworld>Dolmen>Overworld boss>Dungeon(normal, vet, vet hard)>Trials(normal, vet, vet hard) drive the same with dropped sets.

Considering it took me an insane amount of time and money to get 9 traits, more than farming any dropped set (albiet with less effort or in game time) I don't think this is an insane approach.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it's harder to find proper jewellery before lvl50/CP160, than once I'm a vet, because then I can buy whatever I want in stores.
    The biggest problem is with low level jewellery and these should be crafted imho.
    Edited by Gargath on October 10, 2016 2:58PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The argument they usually give is that it will be too difficult to "balance". Basically they are providing balance by forcing people to use dropped jewellery, so you can't use two crafted sets.

I'm not sure what the implications of balance really are though, because most people will use a mix and match of dropped and crafted sets, and there's nothing stopping you wearing a top dropped set with a top crafted set.

Also, the Cyrodiil trader sells gold jewellery.

I'm not sure that crafting a gold Hunding's Rage necklace would really affect balance too much...

Given that they said that crafted gear would always be at least as good as, if not better than, dropped gear (and it clearly isn't) then I can't see that jewellery crafting would be so bad.

Make crafting worthwhile again :)
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If every other set can drop in jewelry. Why can't we craft jewelry? Just a thought, I might be not understanding the reason to no jewelry crafting...I just find it unfair to crafting sets.

Could not agree more! Crafters are by far the most sidelined group in the game - and they really shouldn't be. There really isn't much point in investing time and effort into the crafting skill any longer - the best (and best value) items are dropped and traded. It is far more expensive to create a gold crafted set item than to buy a great set at CP160 - and usually, what you craft will be less good than what you can buy / win in a fight.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting is just a lot a fun and thus would be even more fun with crafting jewellery.

The jewellery from Cyrodill, uhmm few hundred k for a ring? Looks like a scam/extortion than a balance.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You gotta understand that ZoS keep things quiet for a reason ZoS probably have it. Thing how long the arena is taking.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If not crafting jewellery in general, then maybe just upgrading jewellery the same way like other gears. Not much balance issues from upgrading, no need to re-work the whole game. Just easier to get golden ring or necklace without struggling with the hardest content, which most of the community will never participate in.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To me, the entire "balance" argument was thrown out the window with One Tamriel. There's so many sets and varieties there's simply zero way to balance them all.
  • llllADBllll
    llllADBllll
    ✭✭✭
    Jewellery crafting once you have 9 traits on everything....(Like me)
    CRAFTMASTER - DAGGERFALL EU XBOX ONE

GAMERTAG - DJANTBOWMAN

Tamriel Trading Company Guildmaster
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a part of the issue is how they would determine what sets you can craft jewelry in. Unlike armor, jewelry only has 3 traits available.

Personally, I just think jewelry crafting should be an additional tab for blacksmithing, and each trait should count as 3 towards set crafting requirements; I.e. if you research one trait (say robust), you can craft jewelry at set stations requiring up to 3 traits learned. 2 jewelry traits = 6 trait crafting sets, and 3 jewelry traits = 9 trait crafting sets.

PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank