Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shadow of Sancre Tor - Dragonguard Tomb - Random levers?

carljokl
carljokl
✭✭✭
I completed the quest: "Shadow of Sancre Tor" on one of my alts yesterday. I was in the Dragonguard Tomb with the shrine to pray to consecrate to Stendarr. This is the one with skeletons (Of Sai's former companions) that are raised in small subdivisions separated by gates. I noticed some leavers dotted around. The ones that look like t-shaped metal bar handle sticking out of the ground. These ones I have seen in the past as leavers used to de-activate traps. The ones in this chamber cannot be interacted with. They don't seem to serve any purpose. It makes me think that they may have been part of an earlier design of the chamber. Did these levers ever do something? Could they be part of a version of this chamber that worked differently while in development that the released version?
The leavers could be decoration but to be honest it seems weird to have levers in a tomb chamber in quite prominent places but only as decoration. It doesn't affect the game play of the quest but I am curious.
It would not be the first time I have come across leftover content in a game that changed and left a piece during development.
Edited by carljokl on October 10, 2016 12:16PM
My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade

Best Answers

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carljokl wrote: »
    Maybe there was actually some puzzle to opening the right gates to progress.
    I wouldn't be surprised if there was. That whole dungeon is full of puzzles, and I was surprised when there were none in that area.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    186659771f49372567ab351f2c7a7461.jpg

I don't remember those levers ever doing anything, unless they were originally how you opened the gates (those gates seem rather pointless otherwise).

Yes, that is it. The Gates in the place opened with the Levers after you killed the Mobs in each little area. It was probably removed one of the times they overhauled the Main Quest as that has changed somewhat since Launch.
    Edited by Nestor on October 12, 2016 10:38PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    186659771f49372567ab351f2c7a7461.jpg

I don't remember those levers ever doing anything, unless they were originally how you opened the gates (those gates seem rather pointless otherwise).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    "Wrong leveeeeeeeeeeeer!"
    "Why do we even have that lever?!"
    The gates too. I don't know what the idea was there. Finicky gates that seem to open only to snap shut immediately. Mob control? Maybe there was actually some puzzle to opening the right gates to progress. It would probably be better than the weird aggressive closing gates to be honest.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    Funny I did see one lever and found it did nothing. The gates are strange I opened them, they close right away but I can walk through ok, if I do it quick. Oh well done now
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.