Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafting Quests Suggestion

lLordShadowl
lLordShadowl
Soul Shriven
I would like to present an idea about crafting that could help many people while not giving something that is not possible already.

Idea
So I thought it would be nice if you could place a crafting request for specific item in the same way you normally create it (choosing style and trait). It would get posted similary to daily quest on its own board and anyone in the game who has the needed skills would be able to craft and deliver it to the box in the same way writs are completed.

Reward
When placing your crafting request you would have an option to include reward in gold or items. The reward would be stored with the crafting request and only given to a crafter after completion or to request giver should he cancell the request. I say optional reward because some players, espcially new ones with little gold can always hope for a kind help of others and you should have the freedom to place whatever reward you want. Also the crafter could be rewarded with some random crafting items and inspiration similar to writs but this is optional idea not really needed for it to work.

System
1) You only get to place certain number of requests limited by max number and by time. For example only one request per day and to have max 5 active requests. This is really a question of balancing after it it would get tested.
2) You can only accept requests you have needed skills for.
3) Should you accept crafting request you have limited time to complete it. Question of balance again, lets say one hour. If you fail to complete the quest, it returns to quest board and anyone else can take it.
4) Should you fail the request you have to be punished in some way. This is to protect the system as you might have figured already that people could take quests just for lols and disturb this service. One punishement would be inability to take any other crafting request for a certain time, lets say a day for example. The second punishement must make this activity not worth fun. Losing gold or experience most likely. Here is room for more thinking making the idea better.
5) Some achievements for fulfilling crafting requests would be nice because certain people simply love achievements and why not.

Fame (Optional)
Crafters could be given fame points which would be displayed on crafting request board. Showing top crafters in number of completed requests, highest skills (motives and traits), most gold collected and perhaps more. Should a crafter wish for it, he could set himself as a public crafter, allowing people to send their requests with priority to him and if cancelled/ignored for some time those requests would get displayed for other crafters. I believe this system would give people something to compete in, option to make gold and also increase the chance that their request gets completed.

I am looking forward for your reactions. Craft and prosper :D