The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Emperor!

LadyLethalla
LadyLethalla
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi,

I've some general questions about gaining Emperorship.
Is the Emperor crowned only at the end of each campaign, or can there be multiple? (Obviously the parameters such as all 6 keeps are required, depending on the campaign.)
How large a group would be needed to help gain Emp, in say BWB? Are they only required to help siege the Keeps or...?
Following on from this, with regards to gaining the AP needed, how does it work, exactly? I know (think) wall repairs are only awarded to those doing them, and defence/player kills/ taking keeps AP are awarded among those in the vicinity (I think?), but if the person trying to get Emp is a healer and someone else in the group is also healing, are the AP awarded individually or to the group? Or is it weighted?

Thanks in advance :)
x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • MopeyHat
    MopeyHat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe there's an article about emperorship in the in-game help, but:
    • The player with the most AP gained for the current campaign for their faction gains emperor status the instant all six keeps around the Imperial City are owned by their faction - not at the end of the campaign. This status remains until the instant all six keeps are owned by different factions. Any number of emperors can reign in a given campaign so long as all the keeps are gained and then lost. (and I believe there's also a minimum ap requirement - 50k or something)
    • No group is required. You just need the keeps and the leaderboard position.
    • You can earn AP by gaining ticks from being near a keep or resource where combat has occurred, ticks from being near a keep or resource your faction takes, killing enemy players, healing friendly players, group members killing or healing players, doing daily quests, or repairing walls. Probably a couple I missed. There's a chart somewhere if you're interested in a numbers breakdown of how much AP you gain from killing/healing vs how many players are in a group - there's a drop-off after about 6 but the benefits of being in a large group often outweigh that.
  • ChapterMasterV
    ChapterMasterV
    ✭✭✭
    MopeyHat wrote: »

You can earn AP by gaining ticks from being near a keep or resource where combat has occurred, ticks from being near a keep or resource your faction takes, killing enemy players, healing friendly players, group members killing or healing players, doing daily quests, or repairing walls. Probably a couple I missed. There's a chart somewhere if you're interested in a numbers breakdown of how much AP you gain from killing/healing vs how many players are in a group - there's a drop-off after about 6 but the benefits of being in a large group often outweigh that.
    [/list]

Most people will also say that it is easiest to become Emperor by playing solo, rather than in a large group, or even any group at all. This is because the amount of AP that you gain is vastly more, for example, even a single player kill can usually get you between 1k and 2k AP, sometimes even more. though for one to get Emperorship through this method, they do need to be a pretty good player, and be able to 1v1 the average person, and often 1v2 or 1v3.
    AD loyal, proudly Canadian, and possibly a Satanist.

PC/NA
    • Alex Straus - DK Tank
    • Alex Daughter of Auriel - Stam NB
    • Alex Ilomok - Mag Sorc
    • Alex Heir to the Throne - Stam DK - Former Empress BWB
    • Alex the Heroine - Stam Templar
    • Alex Lou Cypher - Stam DK
    • Alex Sai Taan - Stam DK
  • Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    When I got Emp, I primarily ran with 1-2 friends, or solo.

Tips:
    -Defend keeps as much as humanly possible. Defense is the easiest way to rack up solid AP ticks, and it's far easier to earn AP through siege equipment while defending because your aiming for players rather than walls.
    -Siege equipment is your best friend. Particularly oils. Probably 50% of the AP I had when I got emp was from oils lol people love to run into them.
    -Get off to a strong start right when the campaign starts. Stockpile repair kits and siege equipment beforehand.
    -Heal people whenever possible.
    -Don't try to Solo down zergs. Time spent dead is time spent not gaining AP, so play it safer than you would normally and stay alive.

You probably won't get it on your first try, so try not to get discouraged. Persistence is definitely key for this achievement.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've always thought Emperor was neat as an achievement but a bad idea as implemented. I still think they should have had it so each faction had its own 'Champion' with perhaps the 'Emperor' being slightly more of a boost if they want to go that route.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for your responses :)

I'm certainly going to give it my best shot (since it's the only time off I have before Easter next year).
    The one question that didn't get answered was about if my friend is also healing the group - will I get any AP from that or will he get it? In other words, should I tell him not to bring his healer in case it affects my AP gain?

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
  • ChapterMasterV
    ChapterMasterV
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for your responses :)

I'm certainly going to give it my best shot (since it's the only time off I have before Easter next year).
    The one question that didn't get answered was about if my friend is also healing the group - will I get any AP from that or will he get it? In other words, should I tell him not to bring his healer in case it affects my AP gain?

If I recall correctly, you will both get AP, but it will be less than if you were healing a zerg while not grouped with them.

PC/NA
    • Alex Straus - DK Tank
    • Alex Ilomok - Mag Sorc
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If I recall correctly, you will both get AP, but it will be less than if you were healing a zerg while not grouped with them.

Okay thanks for the clarification. :)

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shh.. don't tell anyone I gave you this link ( it is a secret ).

http://pugzofdaggerfall.com/forum/index.php?/topic/58-how-to-emp-guide/

Edited by vamp_emily on October 11, 2016 1:49PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muchas gracias @vamp_emily ...that was a good read...ugh, I keep forgetting to go kill a delve boss when I first log on...

@Pepper8Jack ...had two flaming oils over the front door last night (something I don't normally do...fortunately we were getting zerged hard, so lots of enemy folks hanging around the door...

great thread - appreciate all the advice :)
    Edited by geonsocal on October 11, 2016 9:58PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vamp_emily Thanks :D and no I sha'n't... Love your character names, btw :)

Of course the other thing that could be difficult to factor in is my time zone... though I do have a week off soon.

• Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Muchas gracias @vamp_emily ...that was a good read...ugh, I keep forgetting to go kill a delve boss when I first log on...

@Pepper8Jack ...had two flaming oils over the front door last night (something I don't normally do...fortunately we were getting zerged hard, so lots of enemy folks hanging around the door...

great thread - appreciate all the advice :)

Gotta love the mindless charge at the front door!

Those oil AP ticks are absolutely delicious
  • TheRubiksCube
    TheRubiksCube
    ✭✭✭
    -Make sure you have a lot of people to support your push, and not a lot of people (preferably none) against your push.

One thing I just don't see mentioned about emp is the politics behind it. Sure getting to #1 on the leaderboards is one thing, but having people push for you and not having enemies interfere with your push is another thing as well. I've seen a guy on #1 for 3-4 campaigns, but the current emp for the alliance didn't drop for him, or if emp was lost, no one pushed for him. It's important that you have the support of a really good pvp guild or preferably multiple guilds. If your alliance currently has emp, try talking to him/her to drop for you to get emp. Another thing I'll add here is to make sure you're on good terms with the majority of the players in the campaign if not everyone since you don't want any sort of unnecessary interference.

-Organization is key.

It does help to plan out what exactly you'll do once the leaderboards have reset e.g. before the leaderboards come back up, I'll pick up a delve boost at 6:00 AM. Have an exact time and date for your people to help you push. This step requires activity observation of all alliances.

-Magicka templar is the best class IMO to push for emp

I know I've made a few guys mad when I pushed for emp as a magplar since there were a few that refused to revive me, and one even straight up t bagged me, but seeing how much ap I was able to make an hour, I could understand. You can kill enemies with your Jesus beam, and you can heal wounded allies for AP after they killed someone. On top of that, just like everyone else, you can repair walls for AP.

-Getting emp can be fun, but it can be stressful and may cause drama. So is it worth it?

I didn't get more than 5 hours of sleep when I was pushing, and on top of that I lost some friends I was really close to because they thought I cheated one of them out of emp. And even to this day if they see me dead, they would get a group t bag on me. But then I remember what it was like to be emp and when I was crowned emp. I felt like I had won the superbowl or something once I saw "(Versidue-Shae) Player RUBlKS CUBE of Ebonheat Pact has been crowned emperor!" I could remember a time when a full group of AD was on me and one breath of life brought me to full health, and I had 55k health without food and never ran out of resources. It took them 10 min. to finally take me down with their 24+ people. I was able to take on small-med. groups like they were nothing. I'm usually not an indecisive man, but I'd have to say it's really a hard question to answer and still don't have an answer to whether or not emp was really worth it in the end.

Good luck with your push if you are pushing.
    Blood for the Pact! Retired Arctic Empire Officer
    Xbox NA XBL gamertag: RUBLKS CUBE (feel free to message me to duel or to play with me)
    EP: Lv 50 High Elf Dragonknight, Lv 50 Breton Templar (Former Emperor of Versidue-Shae), Lv 50 Dark Elf Nightblade, Lv 50 High Elf Sorcerer, Lv 50 Wood Elf Nightblade, Lv 50 High Elf Templar, Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer
    DC: Lv 50 Breton Sorcerer
    AD: Lv 50 Breton Templar
    Current CP: About 790
    Campaigns: Vivec or any other campaign I feel like.
    Time schedule: No specific time/ pacific standard time.
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're serious about doing it, be prepared to spend 10-12 hours a day farming AP to stay in the top spot, then pray your faction can get emp while you still hold it lol... I just got mine a couple days ago, its stressful, but I only wanted to get it once so I'm happy now ;)
    Former Emperor
    Animus Impetum -DC- Magplar
    Animus Impetus -AD- Magplar
    Impetus Animus -EP- Magplar
    Kryptonite Kent -AD- Stamblade
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the advice... :)

So I guess my questions now are, what preparations do I need to do NOW (I'll be attempting Emp in a few weeks) - other than purchasing a ton of repair kits...? And for BWB what would be the ideal level for my alt? Atm he's only very low but I'm assuming a minimum of, say, 35? Any higher than this and I'm thinking he'll outlevel the campaign before I get Emp.

And I'm also guessing I'm going to need the BIS gear I can craft for him as well.

• ChapterMasterV
    ChapterMasterV
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the advice... :)

So I guess my questions now are, what preparations do I need to do NOW (I'll be attempting Emp in a few weeks) - other than purchasing a ton of repair kits...? And for BWB what would be the ideal level for my alt? Atm he's only very low but I'm assuming a minimum of, say, 35? Any higher than this and I'm thinking he'll outlevel the campaign before I get Emp.

And I'm also guessing I'm going to need the BIS gear I can craft for him as well.

I started mine at lv 15, and when I got it I was lv 40 (granted it took a week and a half), as you want to turn in ALL of the quests. You should craft you BiS gear before your push, and do it for several levels in advance, so you don't waste time crafting more. Make sure the gear is at least purple as well, if not gold, as you will want to be 1v1ing and 1v2ing to get most of your AP.

PC/NA
    • Alex Straus - DK Tank
    • Alex Ilomok - Mag Sorc
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ChapterMasterV is a little extreme. I lead an AD BwB guild on PC/NA that has about 60% of its members as former emps (@chaptermasterV is a member). I think that 25-30 is an ideal level. That said last week I accidentally got emp at 48 on my magicka DK. This week I will actually push for emp and I'm beginning on a level 30.

All this said, my best advice if you are a strong player and plan to emp in BwB is to mostly play solo/duo. Don't worry about repairing - it isn't worse AP than just killing stuff. Also, just get someone to craft new gear for you if you get in the throne. No need to pre make gear for a presumptive emperor.
    Edited by Adenoma on October 18, 2016 6:28PM
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @ChapterMasterV is a little extreme. I lead an AD BwB guild on PC/NA that has about 60% of its members as former emps (@chaptermasterV is a member). I think that 25-30 is an ideal level. That said last week I accidentally got emp at 48 on my magicka DK. This week I will actually push for emp and I'm beginning on a level 30.

All this said, my best advice if you are a strong player and plan to emp in BwB is to mostly play solo/duo. Don't worry about repairing - it isn't worse AP than just killing stuff. Also, just get someone to craft new gear for you if you get in the throne. No need to pre make gear for a presumptive emperor.

Seriously? You accidentally got Emp on your level 48 mag DK? Don't forget I was there, and you did not accidentally get it. Our defense kept squashing every move your group made, and we were out numbered in population. 2 bars vs 1 and the only thing you took was bleakers in around 2 hours of playing. Then you had to get 30 AD in one location to crown Emp when we had around 10 players.

If anyone really wants the Emp achievement, just go to BwB on AD and repair a few walls and tell everyone you would like to be Emp.

Population balance needs to be fixed and flip flopping campaigns needs to stop.

• UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always thought Emperor was neat as an achievement but a bad idea as implemented. I still think they should have had it so each faction had its own 'Champion' with perhaps the 'Emperor' being slightly more of a boost if they want to go that route.

this makes so much sense it hurts my head....
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on October 18, 2016 7:36PM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I gained emp, I played solo in Imperial City for a few hours starting immediately after campaign reset. IC offers the best AP gain during off-peak hours IMO as long as you are a pretty decent player in 1v1 to 1v3. Once I had more than double the AP of the #2 person on the leaderboard, I joined a group of 6 in overland Cyrodiil and we took all the inner keeps in ~2 hours.

If I was going to take emperor again that's exactly how I would do it.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vamp_emily, I asked people to push around there being two emp keeps left. For the most part, you didn't fight my guild that night. We flipped 3 keeps with 7 people and then flipped aleswell with the help of a zone guild.

I'm not referring to pushing in terms of keeps but instead to how much I was trying to get AP. For example, when I play solo and I don't care about AP gains I generally do not wait around for ticks. When I'm solo/duo I typically want to just play the game. Sitting with hopes of a timer going off isn't my idea of fun.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @vamp_emily, I asked people to push around there being two emp keeps left. For the most part, you didn't fight my guild that night. We flipped 3 keeps with 7 people and then flipped aleswell with the help of a zone guild.

I'm not referring to pushing in terms of keeps but instead to how much I was trying to get AP. For example, when I play solo and I don't care about AP gains I generally do not wait around for ticks. When I'm solo/duo I typically want to just play the game. Sitting with hopes of a timer going off isn't my idea of fun.

Sometimes I think you live in a fantasy world. You never see reality as it truly is. I was there, your name was on my death report a few times, we whispered each other. I told you I knew every move you were making and then I was the one that was at the inner wall looking out at the 30 AD come walking in and crowned you.

You might have taken a few keeps with nobody there to defend, but it shocks me you think it takes skill to be Emp on AD. Everyone has it, it not rare at all.

If I wanted Emp on AD I could do it, but I would rather earn it.

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emily, I'm not here to argue about in-campaign events. I'm just giving my perspective on getting emperor in BwB.

Getting emperor is not a difficult thing to do on any alliance in that campaign. It just requires time and some work.
    Edited by Adenoma on October 18, 2016 8:21PM
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    When I gained emp, I played solo in Imperial City for a few hours starting immediately after campaign reset. IC offers the best AP gain during off-peak hours IMO as long as you are a pretty decent player in 1v1 to 1v3. Once I had more than double the AP of the #2 person on the leaderboard, I joined a group of 6 in overland Cyrodiil and we took all the inner keeps in ~2 hours.

Do you also get AP for the dailies in IC, like you do in the Cyrodiil towns?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

good question...i'm not sure but, I remember only getting xp and a stone sack...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

good question...i'm not sure but, I remember only getting xp and a stone sack...

I haven't been in IC since the event but I don't remember getting AP either, last time I did the dailies. I guess the devs think a sack of 200 TV is sufficient reward for the risk of ganking.
  • MopeyHat
    MopeyHat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Emily, I'm not here to argue about in-campaign events. I'm just giving my perspective on getting emperor in BwB.

Getting emperor is not a difficult thing to do on any alliance in that campaign. It just requires time and some work.

Time and work...which is why Chapter suggested prep work, haha. I haven't even been on the leaderboards since I started working full time. :(
  • ChapterMasterV
    ChapterMasterV
    ✭✭✭
    MopeyHat wrote: »

Time and work...which is why Chapter suggested prep work, haha. I haven't even been on the leaderboards since I started working full time. :(

Yeah, I was only working half-time during my Emp push, but trust me, even just over 20 hours a week of work and trying to compete against someone with time off is VERY hard. Even if you do pass them, they can just regain the lead while you are working.

PC/NA
    • Alex Straus - DK Tank
    • Alex Ilomok - Mag Sorc