Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Auto making for crafting?

rebornhunter25
I was making some food down by this campfire.. and as I wanted multiple of the same item and I had to keep pressing the X button to make the item .. what I would love to suggest is the ability to auto sell for a selected set of options or filters

Like for potion making it would give you an option to make x amount of potions given the materials you have and it would then create them and put them into your inventory .

Blacksmithing : having a filtered setting to auto deconstruct a select item type , or for selling there could be a setting for sell all item that's have no traits and just a cash value

Clothing : same thing as blacksmithing.. there could be an option to research item automatically for all crafting abilities as well..

Alchemy - auto craft potions once the right materials are selected ..

As you can see there a lot of potential to have an auto sell or auto deconstruct option .. filters can be set for a more comfortable user experience ... just my two cents :)
Its just a game, not real life... don't take it seriously
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the PC, we can use Addons to make Crafting easier for multiples, but I don't know of one that auto-decon's that would be kind of dangerous.

Multicraft is one such addon. Craft Store is another. There are other addons too.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    On the PC, we can use Addons to make Crafting easier for multiples, but I don't know of one that auto-decon's that would be kind of dangerous.

Multicraft is one such addon. Craft Store is another. There are other addons too.

There should at least be something to make x qty of an item in the base game, pushing the same button repeatedly on console gets old. Also for crafting writs being able to set it to make all the things for the writ at once (which also tells you if you have enough mats for the writ) would be a big improvement.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the Qty Slider has been a requested item since early Beta. For some reason it has not been added.

I can where ZOS errs on the side of caution so someone does not make say 25 Foods one time, then forgets and makes 25 the next when they only wanted one. But, the slider could default to 1 for each operation and solve that.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"