Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

AddOn Frustration

Wreuntzylla
Wreuntzylla
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I have been using Lost Treasure for survey locations. It has flat out not been working in Craglorn or Wrothgar, no matter what I do. Anyone have the same issue? Any alternative?
  • PhaeroX
    PhaeroX
    ✭✭
    Having the same issue, and saw that there is a One Tamriel fix. Was really hopeful, but the fix isn't working for me.
    esoui.com/downloads/info1493-LostTreasureUpdate12Fix.html#info

Would really like to see a fix for this.
    @Phaero_X --- PC/NA/AD -- Carpe Diem
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No guarantees, but maybe try making a post on ESOUI on the link provided above ... in hopes the add-on author might notice.

Remember that add-ons are done out of the kindness and little available spare time the authors have. I'm sure they will help out at some point ... but we're only a week into One Tamriel so give them some space.

Personally, I've never used an add-on to find survey report sites. Like me, you're encouraged to actually play the game and treat it like a small puzzle to solve ... even if only temporary until the add-on is updated.

If you do enough writs for surveys, you eventually memorize the site locations anyway ...

• livvy7678
    livvy7678
    ✭✭
    If you read comments on the Lost treasure add on page someone has given instructions on how to fix and the author has said he's away for 2 weeks and will update when he gets back. I followed the instructions n the comment and it worked.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    livvy7678 wrote: »
    If you read comments on the Lost treasure add on page someone has given instructions on how to fix and the author has said he's away for 2 weeks and will update when he gets back. I followed the instructions n the comment and it worked.

The zone reference numbers for some zones changed with OT so Lost Treasure can't find the right map. These include Wrothgar, Gold Coast & Hews Bane. Its easy to change the map reference numbers in the lau file (check the forum comments for the Lost treasure addon for the correct numbers, although I think only Wrothgar is mentioned).

• PhaeroX
    PhaeroX
    ✭✭
    Yes, installing the original version, then downloading the file below fixed the issue!
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ziggr/ESO-Lost-Treasure/21ae2621d73453c025e61066ed56e1535836a6f6/LostTreasureData.lua
    @Phaero_X --- PC/NA/AD -- Carpe Diem
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedraulic wrote: »
    Yes, installing the original version, then downloading the file below fixed the issue!
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ziggr/ESO-Lost-Treasure/21ae2621d73453c025e61066ed56e1535836a6f6/LostTreasureData.lua

Thanks for that, fixed the rest of my locs.

• livvy7678
    livvy7678
    ✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »

The zone reference numbers for some zones changed with OT so Lost Treasure can't find the right map. These include Wrothgar, Gold Coast & Hews Bane. Its easy to change the map reference numbers in the lau file (check the forum comments for the Lost treasure addon for the correct numbers, although I think only Wrothgar is mentioned).

Nope someone came along and added gold cost and craglorn to the comments :) this was before the fix was released
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »

Nope someone came along and added gold cost and craglorn to the comments :) this was before the fix was released

Excellent!
    Lots of busy people doing good things while i sleep ;)
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No guarantees, but maybe try making a post on ESOUI on the link provided above ... in hopes the add-on author might notice.

Remember that add-ons are done out of the kindness and little available spare time the authors have. I'm sure they will help out at some point ... but we're only a week into One Tamriel so give them some space.

Personally, I've never used an add-on to find survey report sites. Like me, you're encouraged to actually play the game and treat it like a small puzzle to solve ... even if only temporary until the add-on is updated.

If you do enough writs for surveys, you eventually memorize the site locations anyway ...

The author of this addon has listed information to receive compensation both through Paypal and in-game. I am a frequent compensator. So, I feel somewhat entitled to timely updates!

As a tip to addon makers, look how Dulgobon makes the process of donating easier. A button to self populate in-game mail that is displayed while the addon is saving me time. That addon maker probably receives 2x the compensation I send other addon makers simply because of the ease of doing so.