The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

FPS question and what mods to use?

Davor
Davor
✭✭✭✭✭
So I am not making so many posts, I will ask 2 of them here. I know my 2013 Macbook Pro is not the greatest. Since I don't know much about computers, I thought I would ask here. I am getting 28-30 frames per second at ultra settings. Is that good? I seem to not having any problems playing and everything seems to be running smoothly. Only reason I ask is now I keep seeing posts for Xbox One and PS4 about 60 FPS. Is it really a big deal? 28 FPS seems to be ok for me for now. What should I know about for playing at that rate?

Also what mods are people using? I have been playing on Xbox One, so I don't know nothing about mods. What are you using and why? Also where do you get these mods and how to instal? I am on Mac so not sure if that makes a difference when playing with mods or not.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Davor
Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • d3f0rm3d
    d3f0rm3d
    Soul Shriven
    Most people aim for 60 FPS, but really, if you think you run it smooth with utra settings at 28 FPS, then it's fine. It's a matter of opinion really. You can always lower your settings, if you want a better FPS. Maybe it will come in handy in PVP, where you maybe will get a worse FPS.

As for ADDONS it really depends on what you want.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know that www.esoui.com is generally the go-to site for addon's. I'd assume they'll have mac-compatible addons as well, but can't promise it. Everything is broken down in various categories, so it's like browsing through a candy store.

I'm on a pc with intel I7, 8gb ram and a 1gb graphics card. I also get generally 20-40 fps running custom settings just a hair above high, but I also have quite a few addons. When I'm running w/o, I get more like 40-60, but closer to 40 <g>...

• Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trade off between frame rate and ultra settings is really a matter of fluidity vs beauty. Ultra settings on an older computer will look amazing, but the fluidity of higher frames will feel amazing. I personally always prefered quality when I had an older laptop, but once I got my new laptop, I became spoiled with the higher frame rate. 30fps is a decent number for an older computer. You're not going to notice any stutter, however the picture will appear like a cartoon. Keep in mind that before HDTV was a thing, all standard television sets ran less than 30fps.

As for add ons, I use several, but I will copy and paste the ones I feel are essential...

ESOUI.com

Awesome Guild Store
    Azurah
    Destinations
    Lorebooks
    Lost Treasure
    Master Merchant
    Potion Maker
    Skyshards
    Trait Buddy

Good luck!
    Edited by Bryanonymous on October 10, 2016 10:47AM
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for you comments, greatly appreciated.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craftstore, plus the Hotfix for it is my go to Crafting Mod. Takes care of things that about 9 other addons do, including Trait Research. Does not help with Potions, so you may want to keep Potion Maker around.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"