Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Advice for Farming While Leveling in OT

probablyafk
probablyafk
✭✭✭
Up until now in ESO I've been focusing on leveling up one of each class to 50, which I've done. One of my alts has become a crafter for me and I've been doing all the research on her.For farming mats I've previously just been collecting everything I see as I level up and this has worked well with what seems to be a good distribution of materials per rank - these feed my crafting alt and things work out smoothly.

I just got my final 50 a week or so ago and I've been smashing through CP levels now. I'm up to 120-something and I'm really enjoying playing my Sorc (not my crafter) for the solo experience - my plan was to take her through to Cadwells Gold, getting mats and CPs along the way and really slowing down and exploring all the zones and quests - a nice advantage of One Tamriel auto-scaling, I don't need to rush.

The problem is that now I'm getting low level mats instead of all the CP mats that I actually will need to level up my crafter through the final crafting levels. My understanding is I can't avoid this except by leveling up ranks in crafting on my Sorc. This kinda bugs me and is an unforeseen side effect of my rush to take advantage of OT's level scaling - I didn't read the fine print obviously and just didn't think about the mats.

I want to know if anyone has advice that would allow me to level on whichever alt I feel like to get my CP while also getting higher level mats as I go.

Maybe I power level the blacksmith, clothier, woodwork, alchemy and provising? I don't need to spend skill points I suppose ... but that seems likely expensive and time consuming. I'd rather be out playing in the world than sitting in town, I already spend a couple of hours a week managing research and deconstructions etc.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Edited by probablyafk on October 7, 2016 7:45AM