Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Writ reward box levels broken?

EvilEmpire
EvilEmpire
✭✭✭
In the patch notes it says:
Crafting Writs
The containers awarded for completing crafting writs no longer indicate their level, as they all showed up as level 1

But I'm still getting the levels, i.e. Blacksmith's Crate X

Did I just undestand the patch notes incorrectly or is it not working, or maybe just a display error?
I didn't if I should just wait to open them or not.

• EvilEmpire
    EvilEmpire
    ✭✭✭
    I realize this is probably extremely low on this list of issues @ZOS_GinaBruno but is there a way to get some clarification on this?
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I read it the same as you but I don't think it such a big deal as long as they give you the correct items in the crate.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • EvilEmpire
    EvilEmpire
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I finally just took the plunge.

So, I just came back after a year, so I had 30+ of each of the boxes still in my inventory. Most crates were still IX.

So the reward maps are all level 1, and the blacksmith, wood, cloth ones do scale to my level with the armor/wep in the box. However, say you have some old Alchemy VI boxes, those didn't scale and I still got Cloud Mist instead of Tears. Old Provisioning ones didn't scale to my level either, so old ones still had max VR10 recipes in them.