Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

One Tamriel - writs no longer in Wrothgar

Khenarthi
Khenarthi
✭✭✭✭✭
I have ESO+ and do the consumable crafting writs on my characters. So far the max level ones took me to Wrothgar but now it's Craglorn again: is this normal?
PC-EU
  • Brokensocket
    Brokensocket
    ✭✭✭
    Damn wrothgar was excellent to get surveys from then on your way there you can farm everything on the way... wait but now craglorn has max level mats?
    PSN: Spaztik_89
  • Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think this is right - I am max in all crafts and prior to the One Tamriel update my writs all went to Orsinium. After One Tamriel all of my writs still point to Orsinium except for Provisioning, which is pointing to Belkarth for some reason.

Edit - the quest text of the writs indicates Orsinium, but the completion point is in Belkarth for all of them.
    Edited by Truthsnark on October 5, 2016 8:31PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truthsnark wrote: »
    I don't think this is right - I am max in all crafts and prior to the One Tamriel update my writs all went to Orsinium. After One Tamriel all of my writs still point to Orsinium except for Provisioning, which is pointing to Belkarth for some reason.

@Truthsnark Top Tier writs are now in Craglorn as per the patch notes.
    The highest rank of crafting Writ no longer requires access to Orsinium, and is instead delivered to Belkarth in Craglorn.

[EDIT] Did you have these writs in your journal before the update? Maybe it will apply to all newly picked up writs?
    Edited by MissBizz on October 5, 2016 8:29PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My max-level writ turn-in was in Craglorn, but the surveys I got were for Wrothgar.

Edit: I wonder if the survey location will change from day to day? Or if by chance I got two in Wrothgar? Or if they will stay in Wrothgar?
    Edited by smacx250 on October 5, 2016 8:30PM
  • Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

@Truthsnark Top Tier writs are now in Craglorn as per the patch notes.
    The highest rank of crafting Writ no longer requires access to Orsinium, and is instead delivered to Belkarth in Craglorn.

[EDIT] Did you have these writs in your journal before the update? Maybe it will apply to all newly picked up writs?

I did miss that in the patch notes, but it doesn't seem to be consistently applied. All of my writs except for provisioning use Orsinium quest text, deliver to Belkarth, ask for highest-level ingredients (rubedite, Superb, Essence) and reward level X containers, which seems to be correct. My Provisioning writ, which used Orsinium recipes prior to One Tamriel, now uses Belkarth quest text, delivers to Belkarth, asks for prior tier recipes (Khenarthi's Wings Chai and Apples & Eidar Cheese), and rewards the level VI container. I guess, why is it now asking for prior tier recipes?

Edited to add - the container just rewarded me a CP 10 to 140 recipe, is that supposed to happen too? I guess I should just go read the patch notes.
    Edited by Truthsnark on October 5, 2016 8:46PM
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Provisioning writ, which used Orsinium recipes prior to One Tamriel, now uses Belkarth quest text, delivers to Belkarth, asks for prior tier recipes (Khenarthi's Wings Chai and Apples & Eidar Cheese), and rewards the level VI container. I guess, why is it now asking for prior tier recipes?

I have four max level provisioners who do writs daily. Two received writs to make the highest tier and received the level VII containers like they did in Wrothgar - it still was delivered to Belkarth. Two others received writs using prior tier ingredients (Arg Rabbit/Sipping Imga Tonic and Eidar Cheese\Kenarthi Chai) and received the level VI reward. I certainly hope this is a bug and not intended.

Edit to add: didn't see anything about this in patch notes when I searched the word "provisioning".
    Edited by BergisMacBride on October 5, 2016 9:02PM
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This change was made to allow those who don't have Wrothgar DLC to do highest level writs. In PTS they got only tier 9 writs.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Provisioning writ, which used Orsinium recipes prior to One Tamriel, now uses Belkarth quest text, delivers to Belkarth, asks for prior tier recipes (Khenarthi's Wings Chai and Apples & Eidar Cheese), and rewards the level VI container. I guess, why is it now asking for prior tier recipes?

I have four max level provisioners who do writs daily. Two received writs to make the highest tier and received the level VII containers like they did in Wrothgar - it still was delivered to Belkarth. Two others received writs using prior tier ingredients (Arg Rabbit/Sipping Imga Tonic and Eidar Cheese\Kenarthi Chai) and received the level VI reward. I certainly hope this is a bug and not intended.

Edit to add: didn't see anything about this in patch notes when I searched the word "provisioning".

I just did the Provisioning writ on my second max-level provisioner and got the Orsinium recipes (Garlic Hagfish & Hagraven's Tonic) for delivery to Belkarth, rewarded a VII container.

So I have two max level provisioners, one is getting container VI recipes/rewards, and one is getting container VII recipes/rewards, like yours. I can't think of any reason why this should be.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »
    My max-level writ turn-in was in Craglorn, but the surveys I got were for Wrothgar.

Edit: I wonder if the survey location will change from day to day? Or if by chance I got two in Wrothgar? Or if they will stay in Wrothgar?
    In PTS the survey maps were all over Tamriel. They are no longer limited to Wrothgar. Because every area scale now the same way, location doesn't matter. I have collected Rubedite ore from Grahtwood.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the writs in craglorn would have been ok if we could get the same level of items we were getting in wrothgar, unfortunately in all writs i did today, with level 50 characters and 490cp, i only got resources bellow 10cp, so, now i don't have any reason to continue doing the writs, and this was my last day doing it. basically moving it to craglorn, in this way, just killed it.
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I have two max level provisioners, one is getting container VI recipes/rewards, and one is getting container VII recipes/rewards, like yours. I can't think of any reason why this should be.

Unless the old and new provisioning writs are now mixed in together for a six writ rotation. There are three for each level that rotate daily - I'll follow it the next few days for each of these chars and see how it plays out. If it's truly an issue of them having both writs available now and not a bug, then I'd hope they'd change it back to the way it was when we turned in the writs in Orsinium.

• BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are interested in crafting changes, I summarize all of the crafting changes each patch on my blog.
    http://benevolentbowd.ca/esotu/esotu-pc-patch-notes-2-6-4-crafting-summary/
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • pragreal
    pragreal
    ✭✭

• pragreal
    pragreal
    ✭✭
    This is exactly what happen to me. 2 maxxed out provisioners got the highest tier writs and rewards. 2 other, also maxxed out chars, got the next level down craglorn writs and rewards. How is this not a bug? All other writs (blacksmith, woodworking, alchemy, enchanting, clothing) all worked fine except the turn-in's are in craglorn as per the patch notes. Only provisioning is messed up.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason the Provisioning Writs it's giving me are for Craglorn and they're to craft the c100 food/drink. Pretty annoying.

Edit: The rest of the writs had me make the same c150 stuff as before, but they're still sending me to turn them in to Belkarth even though I have access to the DLC and even crafted them in Wrothgar.
    Edited by bottleofsyrup on October 6, 2016 6:08AM
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur has 372 CP and every possible point spent in Provisioning, so 6/6 recipe improvement. She was doing the Orsinium writs until today, now after One Tamriel she was told to make Pickled Carrot Slurry & Arenthian Brandy. Delivery was to Belkarth, but these are not recipes that she had been doing at top tier writs previously... I'm also wondering what's up with this.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.