Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

One Tamriel question regarding Coldharbour...

argouru
argouru
✭✭✭
So with the new update, players can travel to any pve zone in the game from the start. Does this include Coldharbour, or must my characters still unlock access to it by completing the story questlines for all five major zones in my starting alliance as well as the Three Kings quest afterwards?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have never needed to unlock Coldharbor, just port to a Guildmate or Groupmate or Friend who is in the zone. The issue has been there has never been a way to just walk or travel to the zone until the game sends you there the first time. But, all 4 of my Mules, who have just brushed up against the Main Quest, have access to Coldharbor.

So, to answer your question, just open up the map, if the Coldharbor zone contains an unlocked wayshrine, then you can travel there. otherwise, port to somebody.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    Well there's no wayshrine that is already unlocked to fast-travel to. You've always needed to either go through the storyline or get help from another player to travel there, so with the update I wonder if the wayshrine in the Hollow City will become automatically unlocked if your character has never been there before.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Coldharbour zone storyline is intertwined with the Main Story in a way that the zone storylines for Stonefalls, Deshaan, Rivenspire, etc., are not. So while jumping straight into most zones will not mess with narrative of Main Story (e.g., the Angof storyline in Glenumbra is independent from the Main Story), I think having access to Coldharbour immediately does mess with the Main Story. I think it is fine for experienced players to use a friend or guildie to jump straight to Coldharbour. But I do not think truly new players should have easy access to Coldharbour.