The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting Writ Reward containers not immediately lootable - Bug?

bulbousb16_ESO
bulbousb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone else have the issue where they cannot claim the loot from a crafting writ reward container immediately after acquiring it? Sometimes, you can't even open the bag, but mostly you can open the bag but not "Take" or "Take All". I find this especially prevalent in well-populated areas, i.e. Wrothgar.

The solution is usually time, or traveling to a less-populated area. This does seem to be a new phenomenon, though (within the last couple of months).
Lethal zergling
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had no issues opening these containers, even if I have 6 of them on a character. I am on the PC/NA platform.

Now, one thing that can happen is if you have Auto Loot on, it will autoloot the container, but not open it if say you already have a copy of a survey map in inventory. The other stuff is taken out of the container, but it does not look like the container is even opened.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, not only is the bag opening fixed, but resource surveys now stack!
    Lethal zergling
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, not only is the bag opening fixed, but resource surveys now stack!

I spoke too soon. It's much less frequent now, but still doing it.
    Lethal zergling
  • coyotlgw
    coyotlgw
    Soul Shriven
    I have this issue with crafting reward bags and with Dark Brotherhood reward bags. Opened a ticket, it was closed without any troubleshooting
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coyotlgw wrote: »
    I have this issue with crafting reward bags and with Dark Brotherhood reward bags. Opened a ticket, it was closed without any troubleshooting

Rather than necro'ing an old post, I would start a new one and note your platform. If PC list any add-ons you use.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's OK, it's still an issue and becoming more frequent. However, only 1 character has this issue. I have since started a new character and almost never have that problem.
    Lethal zergling
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed - this only happens on one character. And it affects reward containers of all stripes, crafting rewards, dailies, writs, etc.

I have further found that standing in certain spaces allows me to open the containers. For example, standing on the ramp to the smithy in Belkarth, or over by the merchant near the wayshrine, allows me to open my containers.

This is a really, really strange bug.
    Lethal zergling
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just checking the obvious:

1. Your inventory wasn't full, correct?

2. Have you gone through your add-ons and made sure those are up to date (as others above have posted)?
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just checking the obvious:

1. Your inventory wasn't full, correct?

2. Have you gone through your add-ons and made sure those are up to date (as others above have posted)?

As I mentioned above, this happens on only one of my characters and not the other. Add-ons are the same for both characters (and as up-to-date as they can be). Having said that, I haven't tried running the game with all add-ons disabled - I'll give that a try to rule it out.
    Lethal zergling
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a video of this in action. You can see me try to open an Enchanter crafting reward container I just received. Clicking "Take All" does absolutely nothing. Clicking on the item reveals a strange black bar. If I run to one of the "safe" areas I have found, i.e. the ramp to the Craglorn forge, you can see the item opens and the contents can be taken immediately.

https://youtu.be/JJjj_aBg0ic"]https://youtu.be/JJjj_aBg0ic
    Lethal zergling
  • qaelith
    qaelith
    Soul Shriven
    Well, almost three years later and this bug is still a thing. I went looking to see if anyone had this problem and was astonished to see that this was being discussed back in October 2016. It's now July 2019 and it happens to me quite often when I'm open crafting reward containers and thieves guild and dark brotherhood reward containers. The video above is exactly what I experience, and like the others, there are some safe areas where I can always open them, but often not where I receive the reward or some distance from it. The add-ons are not responsible. I can disable every single add-on and still have this happen.
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    This certainly is not a general issue. Haven't heard about it for years.