The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

io library?

Gwinda
Gwinda
Soul Shriven
I'm trying to use the io.open() to write a log file on disk but i get the error message "trying to index a nil value" so I figure that the io library isn't loaded by default.
So I added require "io" but then I get "function expected instead of nil" on the require line, so I assume that "require" has been removed from the Lua language.

Is there any way to use the IO library files, open(), write() and close()?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never tried but i'm guessing they were removed on purpose.

There used to be a function that allowed you to save a chat channel to disk but i think that one has been removed as well.
    popcorn.gif
  • Gwinda
    Gwinda
    Soul Shriven
    Bummer...

Do you know when it is possible to send text to the chat window?
    I know it should work after EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED but is there another event I can use to dump some text to the chat window at startup?

EDIT:
    Never mind, I use the EVENT_PLAYER_ACTIVATED to dump my buffer...
    Edited by Gwinda on October 4, 2016 2:53AM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gwinda wrote: »
    Bummer...
    Do you know when it is possible to send text to the chat window?
    I know it should work after EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED but is there another event I can use to dump some text to the chat window at startup?
    EDIT:
    Never mind, I use the EVENT_PLAYER_ACTIVATED to dump my buffer...

Anything after EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED will work. At the time EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED is called, the chat window isn't initialized yet.
    :)