Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafter got Scammed

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Guy was gonna pay xxxx for purple level 4 TBS training gear with enchants. I get everything together, make all the gear in the right style.....well it didn't go right, guy disappears and I'm stuck with leveling training gear. It really makes you not want to do anything for anyone. Paying or not. It takes like half hour setting everything up then it all falls apart.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sucks. Try to sell them in zone chat around the more populated cities so you can at least get something back for your time. Surely someone would be willing to buy some training gear.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    maybe he got kicked to log in screen by the game
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get gear or gold up front before you do anything - if the other party doesn't trust you, then don't make it for them.
    I offered to make some gear for a guild mate the other week and he mailed me the materials C.O.D. - I had to pay 1 gold to actually get the materials out of the mail. Talk about being tight.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    regarding paying 1 gold, that is a method people use to receive a confirmation the mail was received. It also speeds up delivery.
    Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
    -- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
    Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
    - Twitter: @ShadowExiles
    - www: www.shadowexiles.com
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like be be given the mats first. Otherwise I usually won't do it.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that should be an easy set to sell to recoup your loss
    Edited by Mojmir on October 4, 2016 3:37AM
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always ask them to provide the materials themselves.
    Pc na
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get the mats or money first.

It's them that want it, so it's up to them to trust you. No skin off your nose if they don't.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just rolled another toon. I kept the stuff and will use it. Seems like the best I can do with the situation.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Get gear or gold up front before you do anything - if the other party doesn't trust you, then don't make it for them.
    I offered to make some gear for a guild mate the other week and he mailed me the materials C.O.D. - I had to pay 1 gold to actually get the materials out of the mail. Talk about being tight.

Requesting 1 gold makes the mail deliver faster.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • delclay23
    delclay23
    ✭✭
    I only crafted for friends or guildies
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You know, there is an addon that does your crafting writ item creation for you so that you don't have to do all the tedious work. It seems like an in-game crafting template addon would be an easy modification from that. Might help with the overly long crafting process.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it should be "purchase orders" on a board in every town!
    this enables people to make an order for armor they want to purchase and it will act as writs. people simply make out a request of the armor or weapons they want in towns on a public board and pay for it before it is made. if you wish to make that order for them, then you will be paid once the armor is complete and placed into that order bin.
    no room for scams nor mistakes because it is all done by the system in eso similar to how writs are completed.
  • superleeds19
    superleeds19
    ✭✭
    @kylewwefan what platform and country are u?
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didnt know you could wear crafted gear before lvl 10...... How did u manage to make level 4 training gear? Or did i miss something somewhere...
    Edited by Vangy on October 6, 2016 8:08AM
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • NikaTheCat
    NikaTheCat
    ✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    I didnt know you could wear crafted gear before lvl 10...... How did u manage to make level 4 training gear? Or did i miss something somewhere...

You can wear crafted gear at any level. There was never any restriction.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    this enables people to make an order for armor they want to purchase and it will act as writs. people simply make out a request of the armor or weapons they want in towns on a public board and pay for it before it is made. if you wish to make that order for them, then you will be paid once the armor is complete and placed into that order bin.
    no room for scams nor mistakes because it is all done by the system in eso similar to how writs are completed.

I like that idea a lot. I could see it being hard to implement but it's pretty cool.

PS4 NA

You can craft gear from level 1 then it jumps to 4. It goes up every 2 after that. Then champion levels every 10. I think.
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »

I like that idea a lot. I could see it being hard to implement but it's pretty cool.

PS4 NA

You can craft gear from level 1 then it jumps to 4. It goes up every 2 after that. Then champion levels every 10. I think.

Ahhh i see. I never tried to craft gear in all the time i spent levelling 8 toons before lvl 15 haha. Like u outgrow it sooooo fast and it takes quite a bit of time to craft gear.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends; if you have a good guild with crafters, you can get any level gear set you want. I've made hundings for someone at level 8 since that is what they really wanted. Even after multiple people explained you level out of stuff fast in the early levels.