Maintenance for the week of August 19:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for patch maintenance – August 19, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for patch maintenance – August 19, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 14:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – August 21, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – August 21, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Are you disappointed too?

Grymmoire
Grymmoire
✭✭✭✭
Pursuing the upcoming October showcase, I am left quite disappointed at the content and am wondering about fellow players' reactions. Alliance mounts and related riding outfits and hoods remind me of something out of DAoC and not very Witches Festival themed. Then too, re-releasing last year's Zombie horse mount instead of the data-mined Skeletal ones seems so lazy, as does re-releasing the same Scarecrow and Pumpkin Spectre polymorphs.

So sad that the only pet iis another dog and that one being an alliance themed war dog to go along with the horse and outfits. No black cat with red or orange ribbon nor skeletal pets *sighs* Perhaps the latter will be crown crate specials only?

I did however, find the Grim Harlequin motif nice as well as Rajhin's Cat and Jhunal's Owl Masks as well as the Werewolf Lord polymorph ( but many of my avatars are already common ole werewolves) but I am mystified as to why no Vampire Lord polymorph. And as for the other adornments and the personality, well imo, lackluster and not really themed, acknowledging they needed not be.

Overall, a C- Showcase rating fro me. Guess my crown stack is safe for another month.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was disappointed as well. There are a few data mined mounts that I've been hoping to see for two months now (and they're not in the atro crates): the white wolf mount, the elk, and the black senche lion. Instead they added the faction horses and the old repeat zombie horse.

I was also hoping for a hair style that appeared in the dark brotherhood pts, taseled poet. Yes, that long ago and we haven't seen it. Overall, they had no new hairstyles, body markings, adornments, or eyelashes.

I've also been waiting for the thick natural looking eyelashes that were data mined. Nothing.

Where's all this stuff they've already created?!?! Are they holding them hostage to put into the crown crates that will proceed atro (skeletal and wild hunt)? It's frustrating.

I have 8k crowns and nothing last month or this month I want to buy? Why? Not very much genuine variety of options.

Lastly, I'm kinda annoyed that the polymorphs don't change based on gender. Just one of a million examples of video games, prioritizing male gamers in the gaming industry.
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »

Lastly, I'm kinda annoyed that the polymorphs don't change based on gender. Just one of a million examples of video games, prioritizing male gamers in the gaming industry.

Anyone know rough ratios of female to male gamers? I would assume they prioritize male over female because there are more male than female playing certain games.

Could be wrong here, not really sure on the numbers. Makes sense to give more priority to the larger group of people.
    More and more females are starting to play video games or seems that way, so maybe someday soon things will even out and both will be seen/given same priority.

As to am I disappointed? No not really.

I am more excited to see bigger populations of people everywhere. Then again I usually don't care very much about cosmetic items.
    Edited by alexkdd99 on October 2, 2016 2:05AM
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm male, and I still want my female characters to look female. :p

I agree, this month's Crown Store Showcase was a huge disappointment.
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The alliance dog is cute as a button. It has that dopey, yet I am full of wisdom look about it.
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm... super thrilled about this month's releases.

Mainly, I'm thrilled about the adornment pack and the commander personality. I've actually been holding off on another crown store item I want to save for those two items.

Of course, I have little interest in the seasonal things, so I can see why someone who does might be bummed at the relatively few new Witches Festival items we're seeing. Still, that owl mask is pretty cool...
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    The alliance dog is cute as a button. It has that dopey, yet I am full of wisdom look about it.
    ಠ_ಠ
    blue_button.jpg
    red_button.jpg
    yellow_button.jpg
  • Seratopia
    Seratopia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't be purchasing anything this month. So yes, very disappointed in the stock.
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It kills me that your description of 'Content' is Crown Store Items. :/
    Edited by Mashille on October 2, 2016 9:47AM
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alexkdd99 wrote: »
    Pandorii wrote: »

Anyone know rough ratios of female to male gamers? I would assume they prioritize male over female because there are more male than female playing certain games.

There are quite a few Female players in ESO, at least in my experience. The ratio is still a Male majority, however this ain't no Call of Duty lobby, there are a lot more girls/women here.

It did kind of irk me too though, that the Skeleton Polymorph doesn't take into account Race. I know the game has a Khajiiti Skeleton Model, I've seen them, yet the Polymorph turns my character into a Human Skeleton.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the alliance rider outfits, horses and dogs are One Tamriel related rather than Witches Festival related.

It's a range of ways for players who feel strongly about their chosen alliance to show it off. Which never really made sense before, but will now you can actually encounter players from other alliances anywhere you go.

And I'm glad the zombie horse is coming back. One of the worst things about the crown store IMO is the way they bring something out once and then never again so anyone who is unable to get online during that short period can never get it. It's nice to know at least some things are coming back.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • JakelDK
    JakelDK
    ✭✭✭
    can anyone provide a link to pictures of the things op mentioned? i haven't seen most of them
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought that this month's showcase was pretty good. Something i might actually purchase.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JakelDK wrote: »
    can anyone provide a link to pictures of the things op mentioned? i haven't seen most of them

Here's the alliance mount, alliance pet and alliance riding costume all in one

BL4wY81.jpg
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nXLOAcE.jpg

Look how cute Baxter is in his little armor awwwwwww
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can anyone confirm that the grim motif is in-game as well???
    @Grymmoire
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed? We can whine and complain all we want on here and it probably doesn't make a lick of difference.

This is a business for Zenimax. This is how they make money and pay the bills.

Dissatisfied with the product? Don't buy it. Heads will turn pretty fast when sales drop.

As consumers our dollars speak louder than our forum words.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I find odd... is the timing of these releases... when One Tamriel is launched, the game is supposed to be less about 'alliances' and more about going wherever, whenever... and yet, at the same time, they're throwing individual 'alliances' back at us. To me it just seems a bit odd... 'you can go into enemy territory now right from the start, and now you can do so while brightly showing off your true alliance colors'. ::eyeroll::
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It didn't really set my world alight either, but in all honesty i'm not that bothered. Most items don't fit the characters I want to play, and so I can live without many of the things on offer.

Haven't got a clue what to do with all my Crowns, though...
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'