The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does entropy empower meteor?

devilsTear
devilsTear
✭✭✭
Or does it overwrite itself and meteor empowers your next attack?
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last I heard it overwrites itself. Haven't tested recently though. Pretty easy to test yourself though.
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    CasNation wrote: »
    Last I heard it overwrites itself. Haven't tested recently though. Pretty easy to test yourself though.

I would but I'm not at my machine and won't be for a while :tongue:
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cannot empower mages guild abilities
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭

Really? They should put that in the tool tip then, I think a lot of people think it does, that's why I asked :smiley:
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    devilsTear wrote: »

Really? They should put that in the tool tip then, I think a lot of people think it does, that's why I asked :smiley:

It may be because like the previous comments said, the empower gets overwritten.

But empower is strange AFAIK it won't empower ground cast abilities like daedric mines or the first tick of ground dots

• DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Answer is no
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that you cannot empower mages guild abilities with other mages guild abilities or that you just cannot empower mages guild abilities in general?

For example, if a stamblade uses ambush and then follows it up with a meteor will the ambush empower the meteor? Or will that get overridden too?
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question is, does Meteor empowers itself? When you can a Meteor you should get Empower buff which should be consumed on impact if you havent do any tipe of dmg in that time period. Im not sure about that, but it should work that way, shouldn't it?

• Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think most hit entropy/mage light before a meteor for might of guild passive.
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alot of people do that yes. But they're all wasting their time.

• Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/290855/dots-ultimates-bar-swapping-my-findings/p1

Second paragraph under the section "Single Target DoTs" lists everything that cannot be empowered, which includes Meteor.
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alot of people do that yes. But they're all wasting their time.

Okay, just read the tool tip(just got online) for might of guild... for some reason I assumed it wasn't worded as "empower" and that blows my mind. All those times I forgot to cast inner then meteor and then being mad at myself for losing out on damage.

So as it stands, no mage guild ability grants the bonus damage given by empower to another mage guild ability?
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. The answer is yes.

Empower buffs the damage of the next Direct Damage attack you do (but not the DoT).

Entropy grants Empower.

Although Meteor grants Empower, it cannot expend its Empower on itself, meaning you need to get Empower another way before casting Meteor.

As an example, let's say you are a Nightblade. If you cast Entropy, drop a Meteor, and then wait for Meteor to strike before casting Veiled Strike, both attacks will be Empowered.
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a magDK so I'll just use chains and meteor? Lol watch out scorpion xD
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Test it for yourselves people! Easy to test :)
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Yes. The answer is yes.

Empower buffs the damage of the next Direct Damage attack you do (but not the DoT).

Entropy grants Empower.

Although Meteor grants Empower, it cannot expend its Empower on itself, meaning you need to get Empower another way before casting Meteor.

As an example, let's say you are a Nightblade. If you cast Entropy, drop a Meteor, and then wait for Meteor to strike before casting Veiled Strike, both attacks will be Empowered.

You can Empower Mages Guild abilities but not with other Mages Guild abilities. So you can't Empower Meteor with say Inner Light. I see a lot of people doing that but its losing DPS.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, the answer is NO
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »
    No, the answer is NO

Or I guess you could put it ^^^this way...
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Last I checked my tooltips after having cast a mage's guild ability, you cannot actually empower any ultimates.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Last I checked my tooltips after having cast a mage's guild ability, you cannot actually empower any ultimates.

You can empower Dawnbreaker, Soul Tether, Incapacitating Strike/Soul Harvest and the new 2H ultimate.
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it doesn't. But, if my addon doesn't glitch on this one, it keeps giving me continually empowered for the first 2 seconds or so if the enemy is standing in the DoT it leaves.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, the thing which confuses me, when I cast Magelight the tooltip for Concealed Weapon, for example, changes for 5 seconds to show the higher damage. The tooltips for any of my ultimates, including the ones you mention, do not. I haven't tested with FTC yet. I presume what you're saying, then, is that the tooltips are not accurate and the Empower actually works on those ultimates?
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Asayre
    Asayre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meteor self empowers. The empower only affects the initial hit.

Without Might of the Guild, Ice Comet does 2901 on hit and DoTs tick for 840. Light attack damage before and after is 584.
    35b17eed320e723d7694b23adc21f9b5.png

With Might of the Guild, Ice Comet does 3469 on hit and DoTs tick for 840. Light attack damage before and after is 584. Thus Ice Comet empowers itself.
    a42219fe4909c855f342d78713307007.png

If I were instead to use a Mages' Guild ability before Ice Comet like Equilibrium to gain the Empower beforehand, Ice Comet still does 3469 on hit and DoT ticks of 840. Light attack damage before Equilibrium and after Ice Comet is 584.
    806ca7f52f32307ca17d771637b63edd.png

This is a copy paste from another comment on the 29th of June 2016. Testing was done in the SoTH PTS.

Reference for any calculation I make Introduction to PvE Damage Calculation
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes it does.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can test with Entropy since it's cheap and also has a DoT see how much damage it does on the 1st tick then on the 2nd (which won't be empowered in any case), then recast it again within empower ~5s window and see how much it ticks the 1st time. And then test with other abilities.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |