The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Gonna be honest - I need friends.....

Argorok87
Argorok87
Hey, I got this game a week ago and I freaking love it! Already put 27 hours as it's all I've really been doing in my free time.

Anyway, I'm now a level 14 Wood Elf Nightblade with a Bow (mainly focusing on DPS) and there's this Undaunted quest to complete The Banished Cells in North Auridon (recommended level 12). Only issue is, as I'm sure you've guessed, it practically requires at least 4 people - I saw another discussion saying that while you can solo it, it is nigh on impossible to do so.

So, my pledge is this: Is there anyone around level 14 (give or take 5 either side) who would like to group up with me to do this? I don't mean to seem dickish about the lvl 14 thing, but I'd rather not have the dungeon made too easy by a high level player - I still like the challenge. I'd also rather not join one of those random massive guilds that advertises themselves all the time in the chat; I don't mind joining (or even forming) a small guild of a few players in the future, however.

Argorok87

P.S. I play PC - EU server (Character name - Cael'dor)
P.P.S. I also have TeamSpeak if anyone prefers that sort of communication - this is not a requirement whatsoever, it's just if players like to speak to their group members while doing dungeons.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A guild would be a great help in finding someone to do this with.

Also, if you have not done a Group Dungeon as of yet, one of two things can happen. Either you group with some people and the Dungeon is scaled to the Group Leader as you enter it, or you can que up with the Group Finder, and everyone is Battle Leveled to CP160, although the individual drops are still leveled to your character.

An alternative is to use Zone Chat and ask in Auridon for some folks to do this. You will find a lot of people are in the same boat and will PUG with you.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Argorok87
    Argorok87
    Thanks for the quick response.

That's good to know about the Dungeon mechanics. As I said though, I'd prefer not to join a guild unless it was a small, private one - may be able to find someone who'll accept me.

And I forgot to mention in the original post, I did type in a request for helpers in the Zone Chat. Several times. When there weren't any comment chains ongoing. And no one responded. At all.

On top of this, the waiting time for a DPS character for the dungeons is on average over an hour - I may have played over a days worth in a week, but my free time to play is somewhat broken up into shorter bursts, so having to wait an unknown amount of time to begin questing is not very beneficial to me - I need to plan ahead. I know it seems like I'm being fussy, and I'll admit, I probably am, it's just that I'd rather go into the dungeons with those I've previously had a chance to meet, so that it doesn't feel so much like random matchmaking where you're thrown into a game with random people you probably won't ever quest with again.

I appreciate your help and as I said, I may see if I can find a small guild, but it's unlikely that I'll use the Dungeon Finder. I'll try asking in the Zone Chat again at some point, but with the original response (or rather 'lack of') I received over about 20 minutes, my hopes aren't high.

Thanks again.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argorok87 wrote: »
    On top of this, the waiting time for a DPS character for the dungeons is on average over an hour -

Yep, everyone wants to be DPS....

Healers and Tanks tend to get qued up a lot faster. Which, mean, you should level up Restoration Staff. Now, you can do this just by slotting a Resto Skill on your bar in your Flex Slot (the slot you sacrifice for leveling up skills your not using now, but want to in the future) so you end up with a 4 skill rotation while doing this. But, do learn how to be a Healer, there are a few threads around here with some excellent tips, and you can get dungeons a lot faster in the future. Or, learn how to be Tank, which is not that to do, but does require gear more so than being a Healer does (which can pretty much use any gear that benefits a Caster and do pretty well)

Another thing you can try is to team up with someone outside the Group Finder, then, que up for a group.

Also, I avoided guilds for the most part during early days of the game as I could not commit to spending time in the game as I never knew when I was going to play. Then I discovered a guild like Lone Wolf Help which is guild that pretty much leaves you alone, but has members that help each other out if asked. I know there is a Euro version of the LWH, and there might be others out there. But, Social Guilds tend to not have requirements about events and things like say a PvP or Trials guild would. So, you can join a guild or two like that and not have to worry about things like being on at a certain time.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/en-pc-mac-eu

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Argorok87
    Argorok87
    Right, found a small group of people to do the dungeons with, so not bothered about that any of that stuff anymore.

I just reached lvl 15 as well, so I may take a restoration staff with my bow and act as a sort of suppory class from either the Siphoning or Shadow skill line for survival and AOE gradual damage.

Will probably also have to respec a few things in Elden Root too, but thanks for the help again.
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can add me if you like, though I've been playing since Beta, now with OT I can help and play with you again :smile:

@MalakithAlamahdi
  • TheOnePandemonium
    TheOnePandemonium
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there! I need friends too and I guess we'd get along :) ! (returning player... I think I'll main templar!)
  • Argorok87
    Argorok87
    Hey there, thanks for that. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I've been away from ESO for a while. Of course with One Tamriel it's now much easier to find people to play with but I'll add you regardless if that's okay.
  • Nervani
    Nervani
    ✭✭✭
    Feel free to add me ingame: @MaryHex
    I also recently created a new guild where we aim to help each other with everything if you would like to join :)
    PC-EU/NA @Nervani (+17 other accounts)XB1-EU @Nervani4710instagram.com/nervanihq[The Lollipop Gang] - (PC-EU) Founder/Guildmaster[Crazy Elves] - (PC-EU) Founder[Casual Rascals] - (PC-EU, PC-NA, XBOX1-EU) Founder
  • KairosCult
    KairosCult
    Soul Shriven
    Yo I am the same in NA Xbox1. GT: KairosCult.

I need anyyyyyybody :smile:
  • Argorok87
    Argorok87
    May be better to start a new post for this, KairosCult. Simply because your not only in a different country but your also on a different platform. Just saying you're more likely to find others to play with you if you start a new thread.
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sadcatsmall.jpg
  • Twinscreams
    Twinscreams
    Soul Shriven
    Lvl 25 Nord ...add me: Twinscreams. I am a member of a very small guild and they aren't really on much so we can team up if you like..
    On XB1
  • Argorok87
    Argorok87
    Yeah that's not going to happen as there is no cross play. I said in the first comment that I play on the PC version 'Live-EU' server so anyone saying that they play on Xbox One or PS4 would probably have a better time starting up their own discussions to find players.
  • EdgarWind
    EdgarWind
    Soul Shriven
    Hey Argorok,

Still looking for teammates?

I have a level 36 templar in EP and a level 39 sorcerer in AD. Wouldn't mind teaming up for some world bosses and public dungeons!
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I dont like my old friends anymore so you can get them. Cause now when im rich I can get better ones.
  • Argorok87
    Argorok87
    EdgarWind - Sure that sounds good - I run with a bow and restoration staff so should be good.

Ghettokid - Well, I wish you all the best with your purchase.....
  • Argorok87
    Argorok87
    Should have made this an addendum to my last post, but how are dungeons scaled now with One Tamriel? Is it group leader level still, or have they somehow kepy the enemies to the levels or each player if you catch my drift?
  • EdgarWind
    EdgarWind
    Soul Shriven
    Strangely, I couldn't find you on the 'Add Friend' function... I am also playing on PC/EU server. Can you try adding me please? Do we have to be online at the same time for this to work?
  • Argorok87
    Argorok87
    Possibly, I haven't been on in a couple of weeks and I'm probably not able to today, but I'll go on tomorrow probably around midday (BST). Things must have changed with One Tamriel.
  • Argorok87
    Argorok87
    Right, I went online briefly earlier and got the friend request from you, EdgarWind, and accepted it. Was going to play more today, but the servers are offline again after this mornings patch because people keep dropping out. I'll look to add the rest of you once it's sorted.
  • ViscousSummer88
    ViscousSummer88
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @Argorok87

I've been playing for a little while but it's been mainly me on my own and I'll be honest it gets quite lonely out here, on your own. I'm looking to make some friends too!

I'm 20, from the UK (also on EU server).

I've sent you a friends request in-game and I hope we can have a blast doing some dungeons and questing! Hope to see you around!
    Steam Profile | Discord: Oliver#0001 | EU Megaserver: @ViscousSummer88
  • Argorok87
    Argorok87
    Sure thing, @VisciousSummer88

I'm a little busy with other things currently, but I should be able to play later
  • ViscousSummer88
    ViscousSummer88
    ✭✭✭
    Argorok87 wrote: »
    Sure thing, @VisciousSummer88

I'm a little busy with other things currently, but I should be able to play later

No problem, when ever you have the time :)
    Steam Profile | Discord: Oliver#0001 | EU Megaserver: @ViscousSummer88
  • huntresss
    huntresss
    Soul Shriven
    If you are still looking for someone to play with you can add me on steam and message me I'm not that far into the game either I'm a templar
  • huntresss
    huntresss
    Soul Shriven
    huntresss wrote: »
    If you are still looking for someone to play with you can add me on steam and message me I'm not that far into the game either I'm a templar

Sorry my steam id is huntresss