The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is the current accepted method of DPS testing on console?

Shad0wfire99
Shad0wfire99
✭✭✭✭✭
I recently ran the Bloodspawn DPS test for the first time. Beforehand, I watched probably 8 different videos describing 8 different ways to go about it. No ultimates, start with 0 ultimate and build it up during the fight, start with full ultimate, buffs, no buffs, etc. On top of that, I'm now hearing that Bloodspawn is woefully outdated and Banished Cells is a better place to test. My question is, what is the currently accepted method and location to test my DPS? Also, is there a breakdown of what times I should be shooting for by class?

XBox NA
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bloodspawn should be right under a minute for magic users, about minute n half stamina. You're supposed to supply all your own buffs and debuffs. ultimates are usually allowed I think. You may or may not want to use executes. IDK?
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Bloodspawn should be right under a minute for magic users, about minute n half stamina. You're supposed to supply all your own buffs and debuffs. ultimates are usually allowed I think. You may or may not want to use executes. IDK?

why would stam be longer than magicka? stam has more dps potential and should be shorter?!
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bloodspawn is weak to magic, but strong resistance to physical. I think I saw that here
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Bloodspawn has a high physical resistance. I got 68 seconds on my Stam Sorc (338 CP) starting with 0 Ultimate. Comes out to 23k dps, but if it's outdated, I have no idea whether I suck or not. lol
    Edited by Shad0wfire99 on September 30, 2016 2:27PM

XBox NA
  • CultOfMMO
    CultOfMMO
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Bloodspawn has a high physical resistance. I got 68 seconds on my Stam Sorc (338 CP) starting with 0 Ultimate. Comes out to 23k dps, but if it's outdated, I have no idea whether I suck or not. lol

Was the tank applying major fracture? that should be on any dps parse, even "self buffed", because theres virtually no situation where major fracture wouldnt be present.

Edit: ok didnt see starting with 0 ulti part, thats kinda huge.
    kylewwefan wrote: »

Most, if not all, stam dps i know in my vet trial guild are well under a minute, mine was ~45 seconds.
    Edited by CultOfMMO on September 30, 2016 4:27PM
    vHoF HM 202k Tick-Tock Tormentor (Stamblade)
    vAS HM 111k Immortal Redeemer (Magplar)
    vCR HM 129k Gryphon Heart (Magblade/plar)
    vSS HM 245k NA 2nd Godslayer (Stamcro)
    Magblade vMA 601k