Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is the 'True' Endgame?

Ch4mpTW
Ch4mpTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I've beaten all dungeons on normal and veteran difficulty. I've beaten all veteran dungeons on "difficult mode". I've collected both of the Shadows of the Hist DLC skins. I've obtained all of the "best-in-slot" Maelstrom weapons for stamina-oriented builds, and am relatively happy with my Maelstrom weapons for magicka-oriented builds. I have all undaunted "monster set" in 'perfect' traits, and all trial-dropped gear in 'perfect' traits (including gold jewelry). The only exception here being VMoL gold jewelry that is exclusive to that trial. But then again, I gave up caring about VMoL. I have obtained Flawless Conqueror, and beaten all trials on normal and veteran difficulty (except VMoL). I've even beaten their "difficult mode" versions. What is there left to do?

I don't give a damn about PVP, therefore emperorship means nothing to me. And well... I suppose Master Angler is out there... But, what exactly do you all suggest I do?
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Now it's time to get a girlfriend.

...just kidding, bud. I believe ZoS has mentioned that their "end-game" is PvP. Looks like the only thing you can work on (since you're not interested in PvP) is storyline quests and building new characters. ;)
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is the only true endgame, why? All PvE content ends being easy once you dominate the mechanics. vMA is the perfect example of this, at first it was incredible hard, but when you do it enough times, it turns out to be a walk in the park.
    PvP is always a challenge, endless replayability, and you will ever find someone better than you that will force you to keep improving.
    Edited by ManDraKE on September 30, 2016 12:33PM
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Endgame? Once you have beaten Molag Bal and done Cadwell's i guess you are at an end because there is only endgame content left to play. That means dungeons, trials, arena's and PvP if you are into that sort of thing. Once you get bored with PvP and Trials.. Well, just wait for the next DLC i guess.

If you really wanna challenge yourself. Master angler is the way to go.
    Edited by Vipstaakki on September 30, 2016 12:31PM
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The end game of all mmo's is the forum, but you're already here...
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take a break until the next update is really the only advice I can offer.
    Personally I log in to do undaunted daily on a toon sometimes 2, even then I don't really know why as I already have over 200 keys spread out throughout my account, so will most likely get the shoulders I want day one of next update.
    I am in a similar boat though I lack some bis traits and inferno staff. I also haven't done hard mode on vet trials but I lack the competitive nature required to really get into the select end game guilds core groups, I also don't like the attitude seen in most of those guilds so I have simply accepted that as something I don't care enough about. At the end of the day it is a video game, and only a video game so not overly important just a means for entertainment.

If there isn't anything left to entertain you or any "fun" left for you move on to something else and come back to see the new content at a later date.

Personally most of my gaming time is now spent on a survival play through of fallout 4.

This may not have been exactly what you were looking for but it is the best I can offer.

Whatever you decide to do a video game is first and foremost meant only as a means of entertainment.
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you done vAA and vHRC hm's then vMoL should be a cakewalk, I've done vMoL but not vAA and vHRC hm's (although haven't really tried them as main group fell apart :( hrc hm we gave a quick shot but was pita and people couldn't stay to try it longer )
    Edited by SublimeSparo on September 30, 2016 12:37PM
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    End game is earning every single achievement point ;) But seriously has anyone actually done that? Aside from the witches festival achievements that aren't available of course.
    PC/EU DC
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    PvP is the only true endgame, why? All PvE content ends being easy once you dominate the mechanics. vMA is the perfect example of this, at first it was incredible hard, but when you do it enough times, it turns out to be a walk in the park.
    PvP is always a challenge, endless replayability, and you will ever find someone better than you that will force you to keep improving.

So tell me again, when did you complete vmol hardmode? Oh wait, you didn't.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    I've beaten all dungeons on normal and veteran difficulty. I've beaten all veteran dungeons on "difficult mode". I've collected both of the Shadows of the Hist DLC skins. I've obtained all of the "best-in-slot" Maelstrom weapons for stamina-oriented builds, and am relatively happy with my Maelstrom weapons for magicka-oriented builds. I have all undaunted "monster set" in 'perfect' traits, and all trial-dropped gear in 'perfect' traits (including gold jewelry). The only exception here being VMoL gold jewelry that is exclusive to that trial. But then again, I gave up caring about VMoL. I have obtained Flawless Conqueror, and beaten all trials on normal and veteran difficulty (except VMoL). I've even beaten their "difficult mode" versions. What is there left to do?

I don't give a damn about PVP, therefore emperorship means nothing to me. And well... I suppose Master Angler is out there... But, what exactly do you all suggest I do?

Wait for them to pump out another Solo DLC with content and power creeps only relevant to the zone your in. As it stands they are shifitng the game even farther into the single player realm, with no emphasis on MMO game play. But hey you will have your house soon ,that is only relevant to you so there is a plus!!!!. But i commend you on your Dedication to getting those skins and all those vet trials, Last boss in Vrom is nasty. As for Maelstrom i have never even done it i just cant coax myself to do it and grind it for weeks and weeks when i primarily tank. Truthfully looks like you have experienced all the end game in ESO. Its sad that two years in and this is the state the game is in. Trion gave more content away in its first 6 months then ZOS did in 4 paid DLC's over two years. But to be far Trion was not as ambitious as ZOS with PVP.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Collect all achievements?? XD
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »

lol , I guess i cant talk i just run around healing and shielding in PVP because im terrible. and ive only completed one vet trial as a tank ,I don't like DPSing. What i dont understand is why PVP'rs are so vile about PVE. then when you take 90% of them into Vrom Vcos or a trial they have fun even though they die repeatedly at first.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's pretty amazing achievement that I can never achieve. Since this is a MMO, why not help out other players in group dungeons as end game play. Try to achieve success for the group as your goal.
    Pc na
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ERP.

ERP is the true endgame.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • ThatAlaskanDude
    ThatAlaskanDude
    ✭✭✭
    The real endgame is two things for me. One is to get at least 80% of the achievements. The other is to show off my fabulous armor and costume fashion :naughty:
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ch4mpTW

True end game is not 4 man dungeons, well, except vDSA.

Raids, the Trials are end game and vMoL that you mentioned is the pinacle.

I am guessing from what you have said you have cleared vAA HM, vHRC HM and vSO HM. Start working on vMoL and eventually vMoL HM.

BTW, clearing AA HM, HRC HM and SO HM before they were updated really does not count in the current design since they were all under our level and therefore not much of a challenge compared to today.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad but true, the endgame is PvP. Any repeatable, countable content cannot be endgame. The always-varied PvP can.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    ERP.

ERP is the true endgame.

What's ERP?
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ch4mpTW

I am guessing from what you have said you have cleared vAA HM, vHRC HM and vSO HM. Start working on vMoL and eventually vMoL HM.

BTW, clearing AA HM, HRC HM and SO HM before they were updated really does not count in the current design since they were all under our level and therefore not much of a challenge compared to today.

No, I mean since they have been scaled up. Although, I have beaten them in the past as well.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on September 30, 2016 1:32PM
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ERP.

ERP is the true endgame.

What's ERP?

Yea, what is it? I thought enterprise resource planning, lol.
    Pc na
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ERP.

ERP is the true endgame.

What's ERP?

Erotic Role Play... The Argonian ability to erect the spine of staying moist is so OP right now, but Khajiit will always be the meta.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trials, trials, trials. The end game of PvE are raids for rare gear that's in conventional MMOs just better than gear you can get outside of them, but this is ESO. If your "end game" is getting the best gear possible, well, you can do that without ever stepping foot in a trial (hell in some cases trial gear won't help you).

My advice? Find content that you find fun to do and make that your end game. The end game formula of MMO's just doesn't work in ESO, the farm out tier 1 raid gear so you can go do that harder raid for tier 2. That was WoW's end game, and woo, we have the same stuff here with (honestly) more difficult "trials" and things of the sort but without the gear carrot on a stick most people just don't do them.

My end game is the same as it was in Morrowind through Oblivion, to just have some fun, challenging myself in soloing progressively more difficult content. Soloed one of the world bosses in Hew's Bane the other day.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad but true, the endgame is PvP. Any repeatable, countable content cannot be endgame. The always-varied PvP can.

PVP is not balanced, cos the winner is always the bigger group of people at certain area.
    Pc na
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »

I didn't try it, and i never will, i'm not even remotely interested in that kind of content (except for farming purposes). Why? is an scripted fight, you need to learn the fight and get a group that is good enough for it. It will be really hard at first, for sure, but if you do it enought times is not that hard, i'm pretty sure that the top PvE guilds can beat it consistently with their core groups. And i'm sure that after a couple of times, it gets boring, like everthing else on PvE, there is no replayability there, once you can beat vMoL, there is no point in going back except to farm some gear.

In the end all trials are the same boring thing, a DPS race with some scripted mechanics that eventually the group will be able to memorize. I'm not saying that is easy to bet vMoL, for sure is not, but once you know how to beat it, what is the point? Endgame doesn't mean hard, endgame means replayable content for people that has completed it already.

Edited by ManDraKE on September 30, 2016 1:51PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ch4mpTW

No, I mean since they have been scaled up. Although, I have beaten them in the past as well.

Grats on clearing vAA HM and vHRC HM since they have been scaled. Any guild that has accomplished that should have no issue with vMoL. I am talking specifically about the HM of both and I expect most of the few that have cleared HM of both have also cleared vMoL or are at least close to it.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »

PVP is not balanced, cos the winner is always the bigger group of people at certain area.

True, while I wanted to talk about the "ideally balanced" version of PvP. I just wanted to put emphasis on the human-factor instead of the computer-mind.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True, while I wanted to talk about the "ideally balanced" version of PvP. I just wanted to put emphasis on the human-factor instead of the computer-mind.

That's why duelling or 2 on 2 like dark souls and bloodborne make it fair and balanced PVP. ZOS got it wrong, again.
    Pc na
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's why duelling or 2 on 2 like dark souls and bloodborne make it fair and balanced PVP. ZOS got it wrong, again.

Uhhh Dueling is coming with the next update.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ERP.

ERP is the true endgame.

When you comin' over?
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ch4mpTW

i would say Vrom and Vcos can count as end game, at least the last bosses. the rest are ridiculously easy now and can be duo'd but the simple fact that 2 years in that is what is end game is very sad. Cant really blame the player though when ZOS has been regurgitating old content to back fit their inability to make content to keep up with their VR and now the CP system. Same can be said for the Achievements on the Vr dungeons Prior to the VR creep and dumbing down of ICP and WGT. what if the player completed them when they were first introduced? I dont think the OP 's question is that outlandish when you stack this product up against other AAA MMO's post 24 month launch.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ch4mpTW

Grats on clearing vAA HM and vHRC HM since they have been scaled. Any guild that has accomplished that should have no issue with vMoL. I am talking specifically about the HM of both and I expect most of the few that have cleared HM of both have also cleared vMoL or are at least close to it.

My issue with VMoL groups is the amount of: BS, drama, elitism, and overall crap that is experienced. Every single time I've attempted VMoL with a group, people act so... So... arrogant and just elitist, that I end-up dropping from group out of extreme irritation with my fellow group. It's ridiculously irritating to hear them go on and on about how good they are. It's nauseating. The majority of the people I've met both on PC and PS4 who've beaten VMoL are complete jerks and snobs, ALTHOUGH there are a handful that are decent and rather civilized. Even here on the forums, take a look at the behavior of 1 particular VMoL clearer in this very thread. Shameful.