The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

I am hearing voices - I don't know why!

carljokl
carljokl
✭✭✭
I have been working through a few quests in Ghratwood. At some point I started hearing a menacing voice speaking to my character. Sometimes it calls me a murderer during combat. I have a few in progress quests. I would guess the voice I am hearing relates to some incomplete quest. However I don't know which one. When I played Ghratwood previously as a Silver zone I don't remember hearing this voice. Perhaps it relates to a quest I didn't do that time or completed before I started hearing voices. Does anyone know what this voice is?

Unless I have just become a paranoid schizophrenic who hears accusing voices in their head and should speak to a mental health professional.
Edited by carljokl on September 30, 2016 10:02AM
My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade

Best Answers

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carljokl wrote: »
    I thought it is most likely from a quest but which quest is causing it? I know there seems to be one about an amulet where I spoke to a grieving spouse or relative at someones grave. She mentioned getting rid of the amulet. I am not sure if the voice relates to a curse on this amulet or if it is from a different quest.

I think they are the same quest,it's been awhile since I've done it.
    Answer ✓
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it's from the amulet. It's cursed to make whoever wears it feel guilty until they kill themselves; that's how it ended up on the corpse you found it on in the first place.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
    Answer ✓
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's part of a quest
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it is most likely from a quest but which quest is causing it? I know there seems to be one about an amulet where I spoke to a grieving spouse or relative at someones grave. She mentioned getting rid of the amulet. I am not sure if the voice relates to a curse on this amulet or if it is from a different quest.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it's from the amulet. It's cursed to make whoever wears it feel guilty until they kill themselves; that's how it ended up on the corpse you found it on in the first place.
    Aye, the quest is called Phantom Guilt.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my. I avoid that quest in my future alts or if I pick it up accidentally, I complete it immediately. Not only is the voice annoying, it is creepy. LOL. Love some of the stories and missions in-game.

And, you might just want to talk to a mental health care professional. Especially, if you are hearing those voices when you are not in-game.
    Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
    -- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
    Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
    - Twitter: @ShadowExiles
    - www: www.shadowexiles.com