The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How much longer are the Knightmare Courser and Hist Guar Mount available for?

Davor
Davor
✭✭✭✭✭
I just came back to ESO today and got ESO+. I see there is the Knightmare Courser and Hist Guar Mount available but for limited time. I am wondering how long is this time for and will they be back again?

I can't remember if something like this happened before and a lot of people got upset because they couldn't get wanted because they were time exclusive. Is this the same thing?

*edit* Am I crazy? I just went to see how much crowns cost and for what 3000 crowns is like $25? Not sure if that is US or Canadian prices but for almost one third the price of ESO game, Zenimax wants us to pay for a mount?

What am I not seeing here. You get so much content with all the races, classes and area to explore for about $60 back then but for say three mounts it costs the total of the game?

Oh my.
Edited by Davor on September 30, 2016 12:36AM
Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hah there have been mounts for 4K crowns before
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS decided to cash in the cosmetics instead of on the DLC, which is why cosmetics are expensive and DLC is arguably priced reasonably.

Stuff that will be removed soon have a timer on it. That's not the case with the Hist Guar and the Nightmare Courser, they are not listed as limited time offers.

Not saying they won't be removed, just saying they won't be removed soon-ish. If/when they are removed, they most likely won't come back for direct purchase (guessing), since ZOS is soon introducing RNG boxes where they are putting some stuff that they removed from the store in the past (plus a bunch of exclusives).
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    ZOS decided to cash in the cosmetics instead of on the DLC, which is why cosmetics are expensive and DLC is arguably priced reasonably.

Stuff that will be removed soon have a timer on it. That's not the case with the Hist Guar and the Nightmare Courser, they are not listed as limited time offers.

Not saying they won't be removed, just saying they won't be removed soon-ish. If/when they are removed, they most likely won't come back for direct purchase (guessing), since ZOS is soon introducing RNG boxes where they are putting some stuff that they removed from the store in the past (plus a bunch of exclusives).

Thank you so much for the reply. I thought it said limited time, will double check again to see how I erred.

Just curious what is RNG boxes?

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    Abeille wrote: »

Thank you so much for the reply. I thought it said limited time, will double check again to see how I erred.

Just curious what is RNG boxes?

You get a box for 400 Crowns and you open it for a few Crown Store consumables like potions, plus a chance on getting a random collectible like a pet, a mount or a costume from a loot table (not everything will be available all the time). They are being introduced later this year.
    Edited by Abeille on September 30, 2016 12:56PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the answer again Abeille. So it's gambling then. I wonder how the province of Ontario will deal with this. You can only have gambling going through the OLC. I am curious how they get away with it and not call it gambling.
    Edited by Davor on September 30, 2016 12:58PM

• DYSEQTA
    DYSEQTA
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the answer again Abeille. So it's gambling then. I wonder how the province of Ontario will deal with this. You can only have gambling going through the OLC. I am curious how they get away with it and not call it gambling.

FYI Discussion Here
    For the King!
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DYSEQTA wrote: »

FYI Discussion Here

Thank you. Will check it out.

Ah I see what I did wrong now. It says Special. I thought that meant time exclusive. See I was wrong once again. ;)

• Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *edit* Am I crazy? I just went to see how much crowns cost and for what 3000 crowns is like $25? Not sure if that is US or Canadian prices but for almost one third the price of ESO game, Zenimax wants us to pay for a mount?

Rather naive of OP to assume cosmetic things would be cheap/free. They are a business, their goal is to make money. People buy them, all the time. Why not cash in?
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rather naive of OP to assume cosmetic things would be cheap/free. They are a business, their goal is to make money. People buy them, all the time. Why not cash in?

Naïve? No. But thank you for showing me now the true colours of Zenimax.

• Nirnrotten
    Nirnrotten
    ✭✭✭
    They need more Subs but instead of triggering over half the community by giving those who Sub an incentive worthy of paying $15 USD, they have changed their strategy and have made liberal use of the crown store. 4K mounts were one thing. 400 Crown crates with abysmal drop rates for anything cool is ridiculous. I would rather pay the 4k or even 6k crowns for an Atronauch Mount, than waste my money on what will most likely be potions and hats.

Business is business I suppose. I'll keep subbing and paying for my wife's sub because some irrational part of me thinks that once ZOS gets a steady stream of income via Subscribers, these Crown Store antics will cease. Irrational being the keyword there lol
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not gambling, because you always get something. Which is how they circumnavigate various regions gambling laws. The fact that most of what you get is the equivalent of nothing in most players eyes is irrelevant, it's still something,. So you never actually lose and are therefore not gambling.

Personally it's like sticking pink fluffy dice in a Ferrari, even a Ferrari ceases to be a prestige car if someone sticks fluffy dice on the rear view mirror, it becomes just another boy racer mobile. Soon ESO will go from a AAA mmo to just another cash grab MMO.

/end rant