The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Sorc Overload mechanics:

Minalan
Minalan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
So, I'm putting together gear for a VMSA run, including an elegance set for the bosses.

Question:

I know the dual wield spell bonus damage doesn't carry into the overload, but how about:

* The set piece *bonus* from the item you're carrying in the hand of the ultimate slot. It looks like it's still available, but who knows with ZOS?
* The trait of the item you're carrying when you activate overload. I took a precise elegant fire staff, and the additional critical percentage drops off under overload. UI bug? Intended?
* Does the weapon's damage still contribute to spell damage? I'm sure it does, but I thought I'd ask.

Why in the world would weapon skill-line bonuses not carry over, when weapon set bonuses do, weapon traits don't, but the weapon's damage contribution to spell damage does...

Thanks in advance if you know for sure.
Edited by Minalan on September 29, 2016 11:38PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The spell damage bonus does work in overload, but the 5% damage bonus for holding 2 swords does not work.
    Traits and set pieces work, everything works.

But not weapon passives and enchants as well.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.