The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alchemy writ reward questions

akl77
akl77
✭✭✭✭✭
1) does higher alchemy writ tier gives better rewards?
2) what kind of rewards that is valuable in getting?
3) consuming the regents for writ you get 600+ gold, but selling the regents itself will yield you more, so why do it?
4) spending the time picking the regents on the field takes a lot of hours, why would it be a quick writ??

Thanks for your help
Pc na

Best Answers

• Elmour0Fudd
    Elmour0Fudd
    ✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Gold, experience and inspiration, enlightenment. Usually gives back more than it costs, and the surveys are good. I'm always running out of nirnroot though.....and no one ever has it for sale!

Also, it's easier to pick up all the writs at one time and just do them all.

all of the above

will try to give answer to each question please if i'm wrong and I see your on PS4 NA this is experienced on PC NA can people correct it
    1) yes, I do 150 cp armour in wroth high chance of tempering alloy in lvl X reward
    2) can get in all writ's plus other items scaled to the reward level, ornate, intricate, higher level raw materials and occational high level motif/book pages (is great when you see a purple or gold lol )
    3) answered by 1 and 2
    4) not really if you get the surveys'
    I stockpile them, do a set in each location ,is a chunk of raw mat's each time
    each node 7-10 instead of 3-1, if you hold the reward bag as junk you can stockpile a few after emptying the stuff you want straight away

Try Cat herding it's fun thay said you'll love it it's a good honest job........ bollock's you need Silverweave body armour to stop em fighting, but a stuffed mouse on a string can help!

• Snarrffffff

[/PC NA mainly dead Breton magic sorcerer b]

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Alg5EQDPhr8CemxApWeDYYkydrc

oh what fun
    Answer ✓
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold, experience and inspiration, enlightenment. Usually gives back more than it costs, and the surveys are good. I'm always running out of nirnroot though.....and no one ever has it for sale!

all of the above

will try to give answer to each question please if i'm wrong and I see your on PS4 NA this is experienced on PC NA can people correct it
    1) yes, I do 150 cp armour in wroth high chance of tempering alloy in lvl X reward
    2) can get in all writ's plus other items scaled to the reward level, ornate, intricate, higher level raw materials and occational high level motif/book pages (is great when you see a purple or gold lol )
    3) answered by 1 and 2
    each node 7-10 instead of 3-1, if you hold the reward bag as junk you can stockpile a few after emptying the stuff you want straight away

The problem with your answer is that the question was stated as being about ALCHEMY writs, which have no tempers or motif pages, no ornate/intricate items etc.

Alchemy levels fairly quickly to where inspiration may help, but isn't really essential and is useless once maxxed in the craft.

Personally, as a top level alchemist I don't do these writs as the payoff doesn't seem worth the cost -- but others will surely disagree. This is especially an issue on a lower level character however as the gold bonus from writs appears to scale based on character level more than writ level.
    Edited by Tevalaur on September 29, 2016 11:31PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
    Answer ✓
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do them as you can batch cook them so it takes seconds to pickup/drop off Writ. The surveys outweigh the mats you use (considering one of the options is a Ravage)

I stockpiled alchemy from all my guild mates when we levelled so just smash them out.

Personally, 4k Gold and 20xp, plus the surveys for me is worth doing all 6 at top tier daily.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Answer ✓
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

• Elmour0Fudd
    Elmour0Fudd
    ✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »

all of the above

3) answered by 1 and 2

The problem with your answer is that the question was stated as being about ALCHEMY writs, which have no tempers or motif pages, no ornate/intricate items etc.

Alchemy levels fairly quickly to where inspiration may help, but isn't really essential and is useless once maxxed in the craft.

Personally, as a top level alchemist I don't do these writs as the payoff doesn't seem worth the cost -- but others will surely disagree. This is especially an issue on a lower level character however as the gold bonus from writs appears to scale based on character level more than writ level.

well thank's for clarifying ... not,

how much do you pay for frosted mirram (don't care if not correct spelling lol)
    3-5 pieces and the rarer alchemy item's in the higher rewards for the writ's ...
    principle is the same plus if you already have the material's for a writ (all 6) done within a few min's just do them as a starter to your day.
    yep your probably right it's boring but 3.6 k gp at the end plus useful bit's, is worth 30 mins to get sorted if you are leveling up.
    Try Cat herding it's fun thay said you'll love it it's a good honest job........ bollock's you need Silverweave body armour to stop em fighting, but a stuffed mouse on a string can help!

• Snarrffffff

[/PC NA mainly dead Breton magic sorcerer b]

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Alg5EQDPhr8CemxApWeDYYkydrc

oh what fun
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alchemy writ averages ~1200G (gold reward, survey, selling once in a while ingredients, sometimes buy nirnroot).

I am doing it with two other consumables on my 6 alts because it literally couple minutes for all three writs in Wrothgar, and doing it on 6 tons makes me less dependable on bad luck with RnG.

If it is your only crafter - I doubt it worth it.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I do them as you can batch cook them so it takes seconds to pickup/drop off Writ. The surveys outweigh the mats you use (considering one of the options is a Ravage)

I stockpiled alchemy from all my guild mates when we levelled so just smash them out.

Personally, 4k Gold and 20xp, plus the surveys for me is worth doing all 6 at top tier daily.

I assume you all got crafting bags? Otherwise how do you keep all 6 writ materials?
    Pc na