Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Synergy responsiveness - almost the hardest CC of the game

Kas
Kas
✭✭✭✭✭
Imho, the animation/control concept of synergies could really use some more love (much like light and heavy attacks got it in the past, i know that synergy ranges have already been tweaked to increase the possibility for conscious choices by players). However, it still feels really bad to use them and most importantly pressing the button is not 100% reliable. Thus, you often find yourself repeatedly pressing whatever button you assigned synergies too. The result can be that your character executes two or more synergies in a row. Especially banner + talons triggers this a lot, because a mag dk will combo those two skills anyway and try to place the banner as near as possible as rooted enemies.

This minor inconvenience becomes a problem when you cannot reliably abort this synergy execution (your char chain-stomping like an angry 12-year-old): Where block/bash/dodge seem to take precedence over "normal" skills and channels (or can be combined, weaved, animation cancelled, etc) - this doesn't work nearly as well for synergies. Imho it's really annoying to die in a tough fight because you want to use a particular synergy, end up using 2-3 others instead and finally die because you pseudo-cc'ed yourself in synergy animations.

I don't think such changes would have a huge impact on combat in general, but for me (and others I guess) they'd significantly improve how combat feels
@bbu - AD/EU
Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
+ many others
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to this can Sorcerers have more synergies??? All we have is Conduit... (Right?)
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gravity crush works like 1/100 times. It's a joke.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate when I really need a purify synergy so I go to press it, but then a completely useless one pops up in front of it. LIKE Y U DO THIS
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Managing to synergy mystic orb is one of the most frustrating things in the game.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First I'd like to have the activation radius increased again, it's a joke how you have to run to the exact centre of a nova or banner to use the synergy. Then, I'd like to be able to choose between synergies or at the very least be able to set up my own priority list. I wanted to activate the nova, not steal the shards...
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it wrong that im happy that this frustrates other people too? thought this was just a me thing!

100% agree with OP
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rebind your synergy key to mouse button . Works better .
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

how does that help me? im on console, i have to hit Y&B at the same time, which usually ends up in me activating the skills assigned to Y&/orB
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

how does that help me? im on console, i have to hit Y&B at the same time, which usually ends up in me activating the skills assigned to Y&/orB

or anybody. it's a different key, nothing else.

worst thing you can do is bind synergies to mouse wheel. you end up chain using synergies all the time. anything that makes you spam the button is problematic if you want to perfect your play. just having a button that is convenient to spam, makes it worse, not better (unless someone uses the default button 'x' and is thus unable to use 'wasd' whiel trying to use a synergy, of course. but that's not the root of the problem I want to talk about here. i want synergies to feel just as good as spells, bashes, dodges roles or blocking do)
    Edited by Kas on September 29, 2016 3:26PM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    + many others
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »

worst thing you can do is bind synergies to mouse wheel. you end up chain using synergies all the time. anything that makes you spam the button is problematic if you want to perfect your play. just having a button that is convenient to spam, makes it worse, not better (unless someone uses the default button 'x' and is thus unable to use 'wasd' whiel trying to use a synergy, of course. but that's not the root of the problem I want to talk about here. i want synergies to feel just as good as spells, bashes, dodges roles or blocking do)

i know, i havent added much to the conversation because i agree 100% with your OP,
    only mentioned the added frustration that console & pc controler players face re synergies because , i figured some one should.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »

i know, i havent added much to the conversation because i agree 100% with your OP,
    only mentioned the added frustration that console & pc controler players face re synergies because , i figured some one should.

yeah, i was refering to the original quote. i agree that console players cannot rebind it to a mouse button and wanted to add that this isn't a real solution on PC either
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    + many others