Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stealing while hidden

Argorok87
Argorok87
I will try this myself if no one replies, it's just I'm frugal and want to keep as much money as possible: so, when crouching next to a chest or item in a store, for example, it will often say that I'm hidden but the eye icon will then open up slightly without telling me I've been detected. Can I still steal in this state and get away without a bounty, or will it lead to a city-wide search for me?

By the way, only posting because I couldn't find anything about this specific mechanic online.
  • Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭
    Argorok87 wrote: »
    I will try this myself if no one replies, it's just I'm frugal and want to keep as much money as possible: so, when crouching next to a chest or item in a store, for example, it will often say that I'm hidden but the eye icon will then open up slightly without telling me I've been detected. Can I still steal in this state and get away without a bounty, or will it lead to a city-wide search for me?

By the way, only posting because I couldn't find anything about this specific mechanic online.
    You can steal and stay in stealth, you cannot lock pick and stay in stealth.
    II Swindy II

Australian on Xbox NA (ex EU)
  • Argorok87
    Argorok87
    Ah, thank you kindly.

A lot of stores in Vulkhel Guard are suddenly going to lose stock now....

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)