The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magsorc Vs MagDK

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I run into a Magica Dragonknight thats popping all the shields and buffs. I havent even unlocked my Ward yet. Everything i throw at him is being mitigated or reflected and he's spamming the Whip after using a cc. Is my only course of action literally to just run away crying?
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I run into a Magica Dragonknight thats popping all the shields and buffs. I havent even unlocked my Ward yet. Everything i throw at him is being mitigated or reflected and he's spamming the Whip after using a cc. Is my only course of action literally to just run away crying?

Look at it this way: at least you have the option to run away. If the situation was reversed, and a DK without his skills unlocked would face your sorc who had all of his, the DK would simply just die.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »

Look at it this way: at least you have the option to run away. If the situation was reversed, and a DK without his skills unlocked would face your sorc who had all of his, the DK would simply just die.

Well if only built half right the DK can simply walk into the next resource holding block.

I´m still wondering how you have the ability to run away unlocked but not ward :expressionless:
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedric Sunmoning isnt my favorite line. All the skills i use are storm calling, destro staff, and shards, so summoning tree's been left behind.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mDKs and msorcs have good counterplay. You can kite them with mines and streak, they can mitigate your damage with wings and blocking. I wish there was more of this in the game.
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use harness magicka in the meantime while waiting for ward. But yeah, mDKs are a pain to deal with. You need to bait them into over extending while hoping they tunnel vision on getting the kill and don't notice you lining up your burst combo. Then BOOM, 100% to 0. A good dk won't fall for this though.
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie