The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Game Breaking Bug- skill points not being awarded

JJBoomer
JJBoomer
✭✭✭✭✭
I recently started a new character and after acquiring 5 skill points, she can no longer receive anymore, not from leveling or from sets of 3 skyshards. I have no idea what's causing this and I haven't seen anyone else have this issue.
Edited by JJBoomer on September 28, 2016 12:46PM
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    have tried creating new characters and disabling mods/addons, and this is still occurring. No skill/attribute points after the first 5.
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have tried:

- soft reset
    - /reloadui
    - repairing game files
    - disabling all addons

besides completely uninstalling & reinstalling, not sure what else can be tried. This has effectively prevented me from playing any new characters. Nor have I seen or heard anyone else having this problem. My hope now is that somehow Update 12 will in some way fix this bug. -shrugs-
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can now confirm that uninstalling and reinstalling the game did not fix this either. At a complete loss.
    Edited by JJBoomer on September 28, 2016 8:45PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird, first I heard of this one.

Just to make sure, as you may just not get the notification that your getting skill points, are any accumulating inside your Skill Window? Have you spent the ones you have earned? Can you spend more than you see?

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you /feedback -ed in-game this? If it's indeed broken, it seems it's something that they need to get all hands on, before they get a BIG snowball rolling downhill :/

^^ And adding to what @Nestor said, screenshots of you char window would help too.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Issue has been resolved through customer service.