The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

What was your best luck when refining?

summitxho
summitxho
✭✭✭
I have been playing a bit over a year off and on, have refined many stacks of material doing writs on my way up to level 50 in woodworking, blacksmith clothier and all skill points invested in the hirelings. Over that time I had amassed 18 tempering alloys, 21 dreugh wax, and 16 rosin. Last night I refined 131 ebony ore, 72 rough yew, and 92 raw ebonthread, I must have had luck on my side, as I came out of it with 5 tempering alloys, 2 grain solvent, 1 dwarven oil, and 2 honing stones for the ore, 2 dreugh wax, 1 elegant lining, 2 embroidery, and a hemming from the raw clothing material, and 2 rosin, 2 turpens and a pitch from the rough yew. I felt like I had just won the lottery, until I realized none of this really mattered in real life.... Still, was amazing I came out with so many tempers from such a low amount of raw material, I think it was luck catching back up with me since I had struck out on any high end materials for so long before this. What kind of luck have you had when refining materials? Any hot streaks?
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    last week sometime all of my hirlings (10 characters) had some lucky finds, in a single shipment i got 10 alloys, 6 wax & 4 kuta!
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    50 void stone-3 alloy
    10 raw spidersilk- 1 wax
    All that stuff was from a hireling at the time.
  • AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday - 30 Iron Ore got me two gold tempers. My best ever. Most of the time I can refine 100's of stuff and get nothing but greens and blues. Not that I'm complaining - I like crafting.
  • Brokensocket
    Brokensocket
    ✭✭✭
    Just got 2 temps 4 honings and 2 purples from 60 rube ore!!!!
    PSN: Spaztik_89
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will not find a better answer than one gold one the first refine. The percentage will only go down after that.
    Edited by Bryanonymous on September 28, 2016 6:49PM
  • dead_goon
    dead_goon
    ✭✭
    Been finding tons of Kuta lately running through Wrothgar.