The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Need More New Crafted Sets Introduced Into the Game

Palidon
Palidon
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS the last time you introduced any new Crafted Sets was the Dark Brotherhood DLC. Seems you are now on a roll to only provide new dropped sets or monster items. Not all players like the rinse and repeat game play of farming for those items and then keeping their fingers crossed the dropped item has a trait they can use. I for one like crafting my armor and weapons. I like being able to decide how the armor or weapon will look and what trait i want on them.

Seems with the the last DLC which only added two new dungeons with some new dropped gear and monster items this upcoming update will only change exiting content and add again new dropped sets, monster items and dueling. In all fairness please start adding some new Crafted Sets.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With One Tamriel, each faction still has their own unique copies of the standard crafting sets. Given the entire world is open now, I think they could potentially add in new crafted sets so that all the zones have their own unique stations and there's not 3X Night Mother's, 3X Hunding's, 3X Magnus stations.
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    They said recently somewhere, that they usually add more crafted sets with new land mass. Which was Gold coast. It might take half a year before new land to explore, but propably we'll see new crafting station then!
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. It would also be nice for pro crafters to have some new sets to draw in business again.

Personally I would like another crafted magicka set that would mix well with Julianos, so maybe I can finally let go of Seducer lol.
    NA PS4
  • Nexus_Emperor
    Nexus_Emperor
    ✭✭
    i Think Update 12 Coming new craft Sets
    I'm play ESO on Xbox 2015-2018
    AND i Move create New Account on PC EU server Cp1080
    i play Trials i like it more i complete Vmol +VSS+Vhof+Vcr
    i love these game and fun time with new people
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since all dropped sets are getting jewelery, crafted sets need jewelery too. Either this or let us restyle gear.
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    i Think Update 12 Coming new craft Sets

No... maybe update 13 tho
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Couple of things...

First, with dropped sets scaled to your level, including jewelry and starting at green-blue in all cases or better, i have my doubts that even adding a couple new tables will make a diff.

Why should a leveling character spend resources crafting gear that will become obsolete when they can get set pieces as they go on? Sure, do it in green at sub-50 to fill in for a while or in blue during lower cp levels but frankly why purple it until you hit the cap?

I love the OneT changes but at the same time as i look at my character and my play, i dont see crafting sets as "the way to go cuz its better" anymore. i see crafting moving ahead as the way to get by until you find the pieces you want.

Especially since, lets face it, "harvesting drop sets" time earns you Xp and gold and other drops. So all around its a better time spent activity. You can harvest-dro-sets anywhere in a zone, not just at out of the way tables.

A few more tables wont change that.

IMO you need some number of the following done to keep crafting even to drop-set-harvesting:
    1. Allow jewel crafting
    2. Allow you to "learn" sets-pieces at their special tables but then craft them anywhere.
    3. Start set craft base levels at green at least - to put them on par with drop-sets.
    4. Allow mechanism (maybe at the special tables) to "level up" your crafted set pieces keeping the same quality by using the higher tier mats without spending more quality items
    5. Allow some customization of 2pc-4pc bonuses. maybe allow at the table for ONE of the 2pc-3pc-4pc sets bonuses to be replaced within certain parameters. make a pull-down for max mag, mag rec, spell dmg, spell resist and the same for sytam and health. Its set at crafting but you can then customize your sets to your bnuild needs a little more. 5pc stay the same.
    6. Make quality raise for crafted sets YOU MADE cheaper than for dropped sets.

But right now, based on what i have read and seen in limited PTS obviously depending on in fact live drops etc... i see equipment crafting playing a smaller role going forward for all my characters and set harvesting playing a larger role. I will have plenty of mats but... no real pressing need for them.

Contrast that to the fact that for play alchemy's potions and poisons and provisioning's food and rink and delicacies remain vital and irreplaceable. new recipes from the upcoming events may make them even more so.

And again for emphasis, this isn't griping about the OneT changes! i love them and think they will do great by the game. I just think they setup needed "next steps" if the stated goals of keeping crafting crucial and vital by having it be a part of the "best way to go" equation are still active design goals.

Edited by STEVIL on October 5, 2016 11:39AM
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."