The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sets for maximum health

Alucardo
Alucardo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently, investing in large magicka pools gives you larger shields and more damage. Investing in stamina gives you more weapon damage and huge heals. Investing in maximum health gives you twice as long before you die from those with large magicka/stamina pools. Cool.
I'm not asking for much, but it would be nice if we had some sets that helped scale some damage by your maximum health. Yes, I know you can get your health higher than stamina and magicka, but keep in mind there's nothing in the CPs buffing this either because it's not really physical or magical.

Anyway, I posted this set idea in another thread and thought it was kind of interesting. Could be useful for tanks who invest a lot into their health. Ugoki is a Frost troll, hence the health regeneration. See, I can do lore too

NhMihIl.png
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's two OP sets in the next patch.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like Plague Doctor? That gives maximum health, but it doesn't really do anything with it. I'm looking to actually make health useful, not just extend your life expectancy a few seconds longer than someone with 25k health.
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Like Plague Doctor? That gives maximum health, but it doesn't really do anything with it. I'm looking to actually make health useful, not just extend your life expectancy a few seconds longer than someone with 25k health.

Health is HP's and it's really useful, Magicka and Stamina are resources you use to generally fight with. While it's nice and niche to have skills like Blazing Shield, Dragonblood and passives like pulverise they don't really make much sense in this game as they are all useless on a regular build. Health shouldn't really do any damage and I certainly don't want any more unkillable self proccing tanks AFK'ing around Cyrodiil and tanking vet trials.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against health builds I like them for being different but they shouldn't be able to do damage too. Perhaps, they should gain more ultimate or something so they can make more use of CC's and be more helpful in a fight that way?
    PC EU
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Health is HP's and it's really useful, Magicka and Stamina are resources you use to generally fight with. While it's nice and niche to have skills like Blazing Shield, Dragonblood and passives like pulverise they don't really make much sense in this game as they are all useless on a regular build. Health shouldn't really do any damage and I certainly don't want any more unkillable self proccing tanks AFK'ing around Cyrodiil and tanking vet trials.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against health builds I like them for being different but they shouldn't be able to do damage too. Perhaps, they should gain more ultimate or something so they can make more use of CC's and be more helpful in a fight that way?

I did consider something to do with ult gain originally, but figured Blood Spawn is just as good, especially with the extra resistances you get when it procs. I suppose 2pc could give added ult gen based on the amount of health you have, while still keeping the health regen bonus as well.
    Options
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That set could be quite funny. Imagine getting an incap from a nb with 100k hp and that set :D
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That set could be quite funny. Imagine getting an incap from a nb with 100k hp and that set :D

I don't think that'll be possible.

1. It's not scaled by CPs in any way
    2. Your weapon damage is not calculated either. Just your health.
    Options
  • BurritoESO
    BurritoESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Um, no. Blazing shield templars are already stupid enough
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You missed the 80k healthplars?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't think that'll be possible.

1. It's not scaled by CPs in any way
    2. Your weapon damage is not calculated either. Just your health.

The damage-type of ultimates is not dependend on the stat they are scaling with. meteor will scale with elemental expert all the time, doesn't matter if it scales with magicka/spell damag or stam/wepdmg. So it also wouldn't matter if ults scale with health, CP would boost the damage nonetheless.

edit:
    - 100k HP = 10k dmg-stat
    - 40k Stam + 4k Wep-dmg = 8k-dmg-stat
    guess, what would hit harder?
    Edited by Destruent on September 27, 2016 3:21PM
    Noobplar
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ITT: OP asks for buffs to his 60k hp templar tank
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BurritoESO wrote: »
    Um, no. Blazing shield templars are already stupid enough

You're right, they are pretty stupid. They're useless when you drain their stamina or countered by any ranged build at all.
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

How is that any different to 4k weapon damage heavy armored stamina builds getting all these new toys? Having 60k health just gives them more time to push me around. I really don't see how having a big health pool is an OP thing
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

How is that any different to 4k weapon damage heavy armored stamina builds getting all these new toys? Having 60k health just gives them more time to push me around. I really don't see how having a big health pool is an OP thing

Its not op, but allowing your 60k health pool to make bats even stronger on a tank with excellent aoe damage already is definitely asking for a buff.

Also, breaking one set of builds isn't reason to break another set of builds
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its not op, but allowing your 60k health pool to make bats even stronger on a tank with excellent aoe damage already is definitely asking for a buff.

Man, my tank used to feel like one. I could fend off 8+ people no problem. These days it takes just two steroid induced stamina builds with velidreth and viper spamming dizzying swing like brainless whelps. If they aren't taking stamina down a notch, then magicka and health users need buffing. You give up a lot to invest in health, and it's not easy managing your other low resources, so I don't think I'm out of line asking for a little something.
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Man, my tank used to feel like one. I could fend off 8+ people no problem. These days it takes just two steroid induced stamina builds with velidreth and viper spamming dizzying swing like brainless whelps. If they aren't taking stamina down a notch, then magicka and health users need buffing. You give up a lot to invest in health, and it's not easy managing your other low resources, so I don't think I'm out of line asking for a little something.

I mean, I get your point, but you're arguing on bad logic. Stamina is ridiculously over-buffed so let's over buff everyone!

Edit: Next patch you'll be able to hit 60k health much easier and still invest into other stats, I think you could hit 3k weapon damage and 25k stam on a 60k health build next patch, that's not bad when you consider you have a 10k+ blazing shield
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 27, 2016 3:38PM
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Health should scale all shields and absorb skills
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Yup.

Defensive abilities: Health
    Offensive abilities: Stam and Magicka
    Dodge Roll and Sprinting: Separate resource bar (Endurance?)

In a perfect world...
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean, I get your point, but you're arguing on bad logic. Stamina is ridiculously over-buffed so let's over buff everyone!

Edit: Next patch you'll be able to hit 60k health much easier and still invest into other stats, I think you could hit 3k weapon damage and 25k stam on a 60k health build next patch, that's not bad when you consider you have a 10k+ blazing shield

I see where you're coming from, and it's probably why we're in the situation we're in now. Instead of balancing magicka vs stam, ZOS have been overbuffing one after the other to the point where stamina are superheroes. The next balance update magicka will probably turn everything to ash.

It might be possible to get 3k weapon damage and 60k health, but I don't think I'd ever give up the magicka sustain. It's the only thing keeping me alive as long as I can right now. As I said, you forego a lot with health builds.
    Options
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's the thing about health builds. No matter what, Blazing Shield Templars will always ruin them.

That said, I would like health to offer something other than health, seeing as how stamina and magic offer more damage on top of more resources. Have health improve your resistances and I'd be happy with that.

As far as sets go, while I'm not against your idea of a set (love your description for prosperous btw :D ) I'd prefer sets that took advantage of large health pool, similar to how Pariah grants more resistances the lower your health goes.
    Argonian forever
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

That actually sounds great. Though I think the only absorb skills we have is Absorb Magic (that comes to mind anyway), and that skill is trash in PVP sadly. My invigorating drain heals me for more than that skill, and Absorb Magic costs stamina which I don't exactly have lots of to burn.
    Some more defensive abilities that cost magicka and scale from health would probably keep me happy.
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as sets go, while I'm not against your idea of a set (love your description for prosperous btw :D ) I'd prefer sets that took advantage of large health pool, similar to how Pariah grants more resistances the lower your health goes.
    Yep, stuff like that is fine too. Basically the thread is just about general sets for health - it didn't have to be the one in the picture. Just something to make health builds a little more useful.
    Blazing shield tanks don't block very much (the more damage they absorb, the more they spit out), so they are prone to CCs. In the age of stamina, if you get CCd, you're screwed. With low magicka and stamina pools they also don't have fantastic healing, which is understandable - a 60k health tank with massive healing would be a scary thing.
    Some health sets with extra defence would go a long way in keeping them on their feet and making them more useful.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alucardo

Honestly, I don't think I understand your thoughts.

Mag/stam are directly related to use of skills where health only relates to survivability though there are some defensive skills that are based on health.

The bases of damage skill does come from formulas that use weapon/spell damage and max mag/stam. No set can undo that.

As for for CP,'I don't understand what your saying either. One section incresses damage, another that deals with costs and regen, mostly and the third has more to do with survivability and in a sense helps keep that health pool, um, healthy.
    Options
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's not forget it is not the tank's job to dps as they should be focused on tanking. Self damage boosts are worthless.
    Options