Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

No black hairs for High elves?

raidentenshu_ESO
raidentenshu_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So I'm creating another high elf character and couldn't help but to notice that black isn't on the list of colors for me to choose from. Is their a reason why?

8Temh8R.png
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only us proud Dunmer get to flaunt these luxurious, jet black locks!

#DunmerMasterRace
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on September 26, 2016 6:33PM
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, no good reason.

There are a bunch of Altmer NPC that do indeed have black hair. I know because I collected tons of pics to show everybody who says it is not lore-friendly for Altmer to have black hair.

Besides, it was possible to make dark haired Altmer on both Oblivion and Skyrim. I don't know if any Morrowind hair for Altmer or any Altmer npc had black hair because I played as a Bosmer back then and didn't notice, though.

There is even a black haired Altmer on one of the TES Legends trailers!

I'll put part of my collection of black haired Altmer NPCs under spoiler tags to save space.
    pHN0kz1.jpg
    kshgUM2.jpg
    Oh, and notice that many of them are members of the Veiled Heritance, who are incredibly racist. That indicates that black hair naturally occurs on pure-blood Altmer.
    Edited by Abeille on September 26, 2016 7:15PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they'll sell it to you in the Crown Store.
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown crate,.00001 drop rate
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mashille wrote: »
    Maybe they'll sell it to you in the Crown Store.

They could sell a "hair color pack" like they did with hair styles and like they will do with accessories. Then, any race will be able to use any color (with the exception of Argonians most likely). Like how it went with the hair style pack for mer and men races.
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Crown crate,.00001 drop rate

Tonight, on "How to Make Abeille Quit The Game!".
    Edited by Abeille on September 26, 2016 6:48PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    #BlackHair4Altmer

I don't have any Altmer myself, but I see no reason why that shouldn't be an option. It's not flashy or obnoxious, it's not against the lore, it should be a minimal amount of work compared to, say, a new type of mount, and yet there hasn't even been official word on why it's not an option. :\
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #BlackHair4Altmer

I don't have any Altmer myself, but I see no reason why that shouldn't be an option. It's not flashy or obnoxious, it's not against the lore, it should be a minimal amount of work compared to, say, a new type of mount, and yet there hasn't even been official word on why it's not an option. :\

When I asked, back in beta, they said "Every race has hair and eye colors available that are compatible with the lore". I replied saying that it was clearly not the case, presented evidence, and they didn't reply again :(

Meet my characters:

Options
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    #BlackHair4Altmer

When I asked, back in beta, they said "Every race has hair and eye colors available that are compatible with the lore". I replied saying that it was clearly not the case, presented evidence, and they didn't reply again :(

They don't care, costs too much man power to implement more hair colors, they'll just make you pay for it fi they do decide to add it.
    Master Debater
    Options
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, no good reason.

There are a bunch of Altmer NPC that do indeed have black hair. I know because I collected tons of pics to show everybody who says it is not lore-friendly for Altmer to have black hair.

Besides, it was possible to make dark haired Altmer on both Oblivion and Skyrim. I don't know if any Morrowind head for Altmer had black hair because I played as a Bosmer back then, though.

There is even a black haired Altmer on one of the TES Legends trailers!

I'll put part of my collection of black haired Altmer NPCs under spoiler tags to save space.
    pHN0kz1.jpg
    kshgUM2.jpg
    Oh, and notice that many of them are members of the Veiled Heritance, who are incredibly racist. That indicates that black hair naturally occurs on pure-blood Altmer.

That hairstyle is awesome!
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    #BlackHair4Altmer

They don't care, costs too much man power to implement more hair colors, they'll just make you pay for it fi they do decide to add it.

I have no doubt they would make us pay for it. And I would gladly pay for it if it is a direct purchase. A hair color pack for 1k Crowns like the hair style pack? Count me in.
    But put it in the Crown Crates and I'm out. Few things could make me leave this game, but this is certainly one of them.
    Edited by Abeille on September 26, 2016 7:08PM

Meet my characters:

Options