The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New to game, How to make or getstronger weapons?

YOUWILLBLEEDCRIMSON
YOUWILLBLEEDCRIMSON
Soul Shriven
I'm new and lost about making weapons stronger. I'm a level 9 now but am getting my butt kicked all the time. I'm playing on a PS4. I can't figure out how to get more powerful weapons without paying for them.
Edited by YOUWILLBLEEDCRIMSON on September 26, 2016 2:00PM

Best Answers

• Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thats sounds good ad all but where would you suggest learn the game if not by playing it? I get there are many stories and levels to the stories but where are the directicions for making potions...or adding magik to your weapons; how do you earn better weaponry?

There's a help menu ingame with tonnes of info to get you started. I'm not on console, but on PC it's the question mark symbol in your menus.
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
    Answer ✓
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Google ESO crafting guides. Start by researching traits, deconstructing dropped gear to level up crafting professions. Once you have 2 to 3 traits in armor/weapons of your choice craft basic set gear(Google ESO crafted sets for crafting station locations). Keep researching until you have at least 6 traits as that will allow you to be able to craft very decent set gear.

An alternative which is what I recall doing on my first toon is simply use dropped gear until you level up some. I actually don't think I crafted any set gear till VR3 (now cp 30 and much faster to achieve) and had 5-6 traits in my gear of choice.

Another option if crafting isn't your thing just use dropped gear as it drops to upgrade your own selling everything else, than buy some crafted set gear from a crafter.

On your first toon dropped gear should be sufficient for most things.
    Answer ✓
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're having that much trouble that early on, you might need time to learn the game some more as opposed to needing better stuff.
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Wolfhammer
    Wolfhammer
    ✭✭✭
    Go to town and find the craft benches. By level 9 you have been to town so look at your map for the crafting halls..

After that it's very self explanatory.. Prob the simplest crafting system of most MMO's in my opinion.

P.S. I'd love to know what you're doing and where to be getting your butt kicked all the time at lvl 9, PvE in this game is child's play especially at that level.
    Edited by Wolfhammer on September 26, 2016 2:04PM
    Wolfhammer - Templar serving the Alith guild on EU
  • YOUWILLBLEEDCRIMSON
    YOUWILLBLEEDCRIMSON
    Soul Shriven
    Thats sounds good ad all but where would you suggest learn the game if not by playing it? I get there are many stories and levels to the stories but where are the directicions for making potions...or adding magik to your weapons; how do you earn better weaponry?
  • Wolfhammer
    Wolfhammer
    ✭✭✭

See my answer....

Go to town now and find the craft house...
    Also gear drops from mobs all the time and quests reward gear and pretty much all have enchants and are green quality at least so can't see where your gear issue is at such a low level...

Have you checked your bags for weaps n armour?

P.S. You're not just standing still ala Everquest II combat are ya?
    Edited by Wolfhammer on September 26, 2016 2:08PM
    Wolfhammer - Templar serving the Alith guild on EU
  • YOUWILLBLEEDCRIMSON
    YOUWILLBLEEDCRIMSON
    Soul Shriven
    Childs play to some but to the uniformed an impedense. Somehow I've managed to get in positions with more than 4 of these red glaring demons and have not enough stamina, nor the magic etc..to survive.
    I have made my way to the crafting, like the blacksmith but it seems I have to learn a trait; where do I learn that?

Please don't get me wrong guys, I'm a confident gamer but I am new to this type of gaming. I bought this game used to entertain myself until one of my shooter games comes out. I must admit though,this has become a tick of sorts, so much so that for the first time I'm on a discussion board asking anyone with knowledge and wanting to share it for help.

• YOUWILLBLEEDCRIMSON
    YOUWILLBLEEDCRIMSON
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry, but i dont know what...
    P.S. You're not just standing still ala Everquest II combat are ya
    is?
  • YOUWILLBLEEDCRIMSON
    YOUWILLBLEEDCRIMSON
    Soul Shriven
    Waiting for Battlefield 1 & Mafia 3

I'm an older dude who has a better time with guns so witch craft and swords has never been friendly.
  • YOUWILLBLEEDCRIMSON
    YOUWILLBLEEDCRIMSON
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks "mobicera", and thanks to everyone one else who took the time to help an older dude out (Just turned 58).

Great advice, I didn't know you could do this.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's always a bit of a learning curve when starting a new game and figuring out your class, your gear and what skills are useful.

As others have pointed out, crafting gear is pretty simple. The major towns in each zone have standard crafting stations that let you craft non-set items. Those don't need to have a trait.

Set items are better, because they give you extra buffs. Each zone has 3 set crafting stations and they require progressively more known traits to craft a specific piece. The first zone sets only require 2 traits researched (and only for the pieces you want to craft), which is about 18 hours research time per piece. Blacksmithing, Clothing and Woodworking research timers are independent of each other, and there are crafting passives that allow you to research up to 3 items at once.
    You may also be able to ask a crafter to craft you a set based on your build.

Don't underestimate jewelry, even if it's non-set. The trait will add to your base stat (Health, Magicka or Stamina) and the enchant will give you a benefit. You can change the enchant on a piece of jewelry, but not the trait. So if you find a "Ring of Reduce Spell Cost" you can turn it into a "Ring of Stamina Recovery" if that's more useful to you by applying the proper glyph.

Another thing to consider is Food. At level 10, you will start having access to Blue quality food, which will buff 2 of your stats for about an hour. Green food only buffs one stat at a time (Health, Magicka or Stamina), but Blue comes in Health/Stamina, Health/Magicka and Stamina/Magicka combinations. The recipes are really cheap these days, and the food itself is not very expensive at Guild Traders.

Another thing to consider is skills. If you are getting overwhelmed by mobs, is there something you can do to snare them? Slow them down? Do you have a skill that lets you move around? That will depend on your class, and at lower levels you don't have morphs yet, but take a close look at your skills. When I first started playing, I seriously underestimated the usefulness of some skills for my Nightblade.

Finally, keep in mind that at level 15 you will be able to equip a second weapon and have a second skill bar that you can switch between. That will give you more flexibility to handle different situations.

I hope that helps. :-)
    The Moot Councillor
  • Mush55
    Mush55
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm new and lost about making weapons stronger. I'm a level 9 now but am getting my butt kicked all the time. I'm playing on a PS4. I can't figure out how to get more powerful weapons without paying for them.

Join a guild I'll pm you a helpfull guild for us old gits if you are on ps4 eu...
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me know if you're on ps4 na. I'll help you out. My info in my signature
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Another thing to consider is Food. At level 10, you will start having access to Blue quality food, which will buff 2 of your stats for about an hour. Green food only buffs one stat at a time (Health, Magicka or Stamina), but Blue comes in Health/Stamina, Health/Magicka and Stamina/Magicka combinations. The recipes are really cheap these days, and the food itself is not very expensive at Guild Traders.

A lot of what AlnilamE said was helpful, but in particular I second food as being a big help if you're having trouble with early enemies. The stat jump of even low quality food can make a huge difference in your durability. Provisioning is also the easiest crafting Skills to learn fast. :)

I know you mentioned three mobs at once, etc. Kiting when possible is also really helpful if you're soloing. I know you're new to this kind of game-style, and haven't played Battlefield or Mafia-- So unlike some other games, sniping one or two mobs down is sometimes better than dragging all three to your location. Especially if they're heavy-hitters.
    Another thing to consider is skills. If you are getting overwhelmed by mobs, is there something you can do to snare them? Slow them down? Do you have a skill that lets you move around? That will depend on your class, and at lower levels you don't have morphs yet, but take a close look at your skills. When I first started playing, I seriously underestimated the usefulness of some skills for my Nightblade.

Related to this, don't worry about spending your skills how you like. In game there is the ability to re-roll your skills for a fee, so it is worth experimenting and trying out a variety of skills for a while.
    Edited by Resfeber on September 26, 2016 3:52PM
    Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just play the game normally, do the quests, get used to the gameplay and things will get easier.

After lvl 50 you can start talking about powerful gear before that anything will be fine.

Wouldnt hurt thought to deconstruct gear and leveling crafting and researching traits for the future