The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stam sorc

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi all I've turned my magika sorc into a stam sorc and need some help setting up my bars as not really sure what is needed
  • Lifecode666
    Lifecode666
    ✭✭✭
    hey man. look at fengrush video on youtube.
    This guy is sick!
    Up the hornz
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basics:

Hurricane, crit surge
    Bound Armaments both bars

Most then go DW with a flurry morph and a twin slashes morph and often bow with injection and endless hail.

Finish off with rearming trap and caltrops or vigour.

Ultimates are usually dbos and flex (ww, overload, negate).

Backbar bow +long buffs.
    Front bar dw + short buffs.

Naturally there are lots of other ways, but that is a pretty standard dot setup to synergise with surge and implosion.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jar_Ek wrote: »
    Basics:

Hurricane, crit surge
    Bound Armaments both bars

Most then go DW with a flurry morph and a twin slashes morph and often bow with injection and endless hail.

Finish off with rearming trap and caltrops or vigour.

Ultimates are usually dbos and flex (ww, overload, negate).

Backbar bow +long buffs.
    Front bar dw + short buffs.

Naturally there are lots of other ways, but that is a pretty standard dot setup to synergise with surge and implosion.

For pve, this is pretty standard. Get steel tornado on there, back-bar overload and put caltrops/Rearming trap there, swap tornado for trap on single target boss fights. Also have dark deal on overload bar for between fights.

For pvp though, 2 handed and bow is most people's preference. Mobility, range, burst heal, gap closer, burst damage and an execute. You have everything.

Streak, reverse slice, rally, Dizzying swing, crit rush/Stampede, dawnbreaker of smiting

Shuffle, dark deal, vigor, poison injection, hurricane, negate.

That's how I run it. Some use overload on back bar with trap, dark deal, caltrops etc, but negate changes fights, it really does. Others drop poison injection and put surge there for some additional healing.

Of course, you can go any combo of sword and board, dual wield, 2h and bow because you get weapon damage buff from surge. You do lack a real burst heal from rally then though if you don't run 2h. Harder to play, but viable.
    Edited by Brrrofski on September 27, 2016 6:12PM
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brrrofski Yeah I was only putting a quick pve basics together for the OP as a starter for ten. When you get into pvp, things come down to personal preference far more... for example I run a s+b/dw build in pvp with reverb and invasion - but there are alot of options and there will be even more with 1T.

@Syiccal We haven't mentioned sets btw. Generally consider NMG for the armour pen and Hundring as easy to get crafted. VO as hard to get (trials). Maelstrom wpn for DW if you can. And currently the meta is a monster set from the new DLC dungeons (Veldreith - Not sure on spelling, don't have that DLC). However black rose and twice born are also good.