The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Spell Power Mundus or Max Majika Mundus ?

Rohamad_Ali
Rohamad_Ali
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Does the Apprentice spell power increase Majic damage or is it from Max Majika , or neither ? I am confused on what mundus to be keeping to do more damage with magic . Advice needed please .
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say Thief for PvE, Shadow for PvP.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

Shadow is just crit bonus right ? That does not increase base spell damage I'm not thinking .
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

Shadow is just crit bonus right ? That does not increase base spell damage I'm not thinking .

Shadow increases Crit damage multiplier. It makes you more bursty in general in PvP and counters Impen to an extent.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apprentice increased spell damage
    Mage increases max magicka, and that increases the damage from magicka abilities
    Atronach increases magicka regeneration

PVE most people use thief or shadow. For PVP people use one of the above, since everyone in cyrodiil stacks critical hit resistance.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Mage increases max magicka, and that increases the damage from magicka abilities

PVE most people use thief or shadow. For PVP people use one of the above, since everyone in cyrodiil stacks critical hit resistance.

Ok good thank you very much . This is what I was thinking .
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Ok good thank you very much . This is what I was thinking .

You're still better off going shadow for PvP if you are looking for damage, even with all the crit resistance you will still hit harder with the shadow than you would with the apprentice (if you are close to 50% crit). You could possibly go mage to pump up your shield and get a little extra damage.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally use the Atronach because my sets have a lot of spell damage bonuses, if you can manage with your resources without that then for PvP I'd go with the apprentice for spell damage (although a sorc may do better with the Mage as they'll get bigger shields aswell as increased damage)
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO for pvp, i would never chose thief or shadow, I would go regen, sp dmg, max mag. mudus in that order of trying them. I typically use regen but i guess it depends on class.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    IMO for pvp, i would never chose thief or shadow, I would go regen, sp dmg, max mag. mudus in that order of trying them. I typically use regen but i guess it depends on class.

I thought that too but the shadow actually out damages sp dmg and Max magicka at least it does on my magblade, but yea for PvP regen is the way to go
    Edited by thankyourat on September 26, 2016 6:22AM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For mageblade pvp, shadow is unmatched, you can build your sustain, spell damage, and magika with sets, you'll need the extra burst from shadow/elfborn.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @thankyourat & @Lexxypwns , don't forget that the shadow mundus boost the same trait as the one that can be boosted by the champion system. So unless you're playing on azuras star aka no cp campaign I don't think it's worth it.

Go here & click the "Attackers perspective" bottom tab, fill in the numbers for yourself & see what you come up with. Crown wrote this spreadsheet & his numbers are believed to be accurate.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ktbYDsiyI7W6v5k2JFSHJPSUw5p0RRaIW_-K3MBIbr8/edit#gid=271601143

Maybe shadow is the best for doing more damage to people stacking at least 5 impen, try out the numbers & see. Can you build without the regen? What is the optimal sp dmg + crit chance + crit bonus scenario for going against players with 5 or less impen? That's the question I asked crown when he created this, I'm still testing but I encourage others to use this to test as well!
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PVE, Thief is the only answer for DPS unless you are wearing TBS, then it is Theif + Shadow.

For PVP, dont run thief. Stacking crit is a waste because everyone runs impen. There is no clear answer here as you should use your mundus to help with what you are lacking. I usually run Attronach in PVP on magic for the regen, but shadow can hit really hard against the right target.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on September 26, 2016 9:08PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You still want crit despite the impen. Don't forget heals, plus you'll still do more damage.

You can easily get +20% from CP, and up to +18% from shadow, giving crit damage +88% from that alone. At 50% crit chance that alone will add aprox 19% damage. After you factor in impen you can still get +8% at least more damage than spell damage mundus.

I say regen regen, crit chance, or crit damage are best depending on what you're lookin for in dps.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, personally I feel regen gives the most benifit. I mean, you can technically gear for it but then I just feel like you are losing out on so much base spell damage.

I would probably agree with @Waffennacht based on the "regen, crit chance, crit damage" although I have to wonder if even max magicka mundus is greater than crit damage; since you can spec for crit damage in the champion tree?

There may be a "one-shot" light armor build using crit chance over regen by using the new 5 piece set (spinners?) that gives penetration as it's 5 piece bonus. That would be really interesting!
    There is a point at which you stack so much penetration + crit chance + crit damage that impen doesn't matter; you will still be one-shot; I just don't know what that rate/# is right now. So a build specifically around that could be awesome.
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate all the input from everyone . It has lead to more testing for my setup .
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regen is good because you get more regen from the mundus than if you chose spell damage, but with set bonuses they give an equal amount of 129 (at gold quality)

EDIT: found the values, you get 210 Magicka regen from the Atronach with no divines, In comparison to 166 spell damage with no divines from the apprentice.
    Edited by psychotic13 on September 26, 2016 10:28PM