The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Does anyone morph Rapid Maneuver?

Dragonnord
Dragonnord
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Does anyone use Rapid Maneuver morphs?

Charging Maneuver: Increases your movement speed by 10% for 8 seconds.

Retreating Maneuver: Removes all snares and immobilizations applied to your and your group.

I feel like we could have better morphs here.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use Retreating Maneuver myself.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Retreating maneuver is one of the most important abilities in PvP.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also use Retreating Maneuver. Since it's almost always on my alt-bar for general use (I'll swap out if I'm in a specialized scenario), it's handy for shrugging off those random snares that annoy me.
          In verity.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope, I mostly run solo so it just goes on my bar for long horse rides.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Retreating Manuever is good anywhere. Say you run through some mobs and get snared. It'll come in handy then.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nope only swap it onto my bar when ive just respawned at a keep to get to the next location quicker then it gets taken back off.

• Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Nope, I mostly run solo so it just goes on my bar for long horse rides.

Same here.

I have several other skills and morphs, at much less stamina cost, for speed and snare (etc.) removal.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes retreating is very good with all the snares and roots in this game .
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Rohamad_Ali, question to better understand; you spend almost 5k stamina (using Retreating Maneuver) to remove snares when you have several other options at much, much less stamina cost?
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morphed to retreating and keep it on my overload bar mainly for mount rides, it helps if you accidentally agro some wolves cos they snare your mount. It can also come in useful in group situations to remove snares but it eats about 2/3 of my stam bar so I only do this if not directly taking agro.
    PC | EU
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I hate myself for ever slotting Rapid to begin with, then I hate myself even more for morphing it to Retreating Maneuvers. Retreating is on each and every character I play, only being removed if the situation requires it to be and even then I hesitate to remove it. It has been the source of many headaches, especially when I accidentally attack innocents because I'm on the wrong weapon... but I hate playing without it.

This...
    lAsNv2Vu0DvR8i67elmbHcXw8vU-copy-600x336.jpg

Became this...
    2ab.gif
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CarbonX wrote: »

@Rohamad_Ali, question to better understand; you spend almost 5k stamina (using Retreating Maneuver) to remove snares when you have several other options at much, much less stamina cost?

As a Majika nightblade , I do not have a lot of options . Vampire mist form is broken and still gets snared . Cloak doesn't always purge snares .
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I used to run Charging Maneuver, then I decided on Retreating. Anyone who uses this skill reliably absolutely NEEDS to morph it! Also using one more skill point isn't gonna kill ya lol
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't ever have space for it on my bar, I only use it on my sorc on the overload bar.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm mostly magicka so I don't have this skill :P
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Majika nightblade , I do not have a lot of options.

I know it's out of content, but this sentence made me laugh reaaaaaaalllly hard IRL :D
    Play any other class and say this again^^
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grabmoore wrote: »

I know it's out of content, but this sentence made me laugh reaaaaaaalllly hard IRL :D

I've played every class in the game . For removing snares efficient purge , forward momentum are fine for stamina anything to remove snares . Sorc has a teleport so snares don't really hold them back as badly . Templars have a cleanse . Only Majika DK would be stuck in the same boat as Magblades . When you are are finished having a good giggle , let me know what I missed as a good snare removal option to get away .
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CarbonX wrote: »
    Does anyone morph Rapid Maneuver?
    Yes.

On my PvP/Dungeon/Trial main, i have all possible skill morphs leveled (Respeced and then leveled the 2nd morph).
    That way i can respec that character to any role i want.
    shades.gif
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just scream profanities at my horse until it goes faster. Works 9 out of 10 times.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've played every class in the game . For removing snares efficient purge , forward momentum are fine for stamina anything to remove snares . Sorc has a teleport so snares don't really hold them back as badly . Templars have a cleanse . Only Majika DK would be stuck in the same boat as Magblades . When you are are finished having a good giggle , let me know what I missed as a good snare removal option to get away .

I thought people used the vampire mist morph?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought people used the vampire mist morph?

It's broke and still can be snared . Needs fixing still .
  • Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    I use retreating manuevers for quite a bit of things. I even slot it on my mSorc if the group is struggling to get through the maze in vet Cradle of Shadows. Saves a lot of stam for whoever is running with me
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You should.

The unmorphed version gives what, 20 seconds at rank IV?

Morphed version at rank IV is 33 seconds.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »
    You should.

The unmorphed version gives what, 20 seconds at rank IV?

Morphed version at rank IV is 33 seconds.

Unmorphed gives 30 seconds, not much of a difference with morphed.
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its for group play or travelling. For organized groups its probably the most important ability in the game (retreating).
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    Sometimes I hate myself for ever slotting Rapid to begin with, then I hate myself even more for morphing it to Retreating Maneuvers. Retreating is on each and every character I play, only being removed if the situation requires it to be and even then I hesitate to remove it. It has been the source of many headaches, especially when I accidentally attack innocents because I'm on the wrong weapon... but I hate playing without it.

I recommend setting up your other bars so they have some kind of non-damaging attack in the slot Rapids is in. F.ex: Retreating Maneuver is in slot #3 on my Resto bar, and my Sorceress has Hardened Ward in slot #3 on the other bar. This way if I hit that button on the wrong bar by mistake, at worst I have to switch bars and get back on my horse. No accidental assault or murders to worry about. I also try to have a similar setup for all bars across all characters, EX: Slot 1 and 2 are some kind of damaging move, slot 3 is a heal or frequently-activated buff, slot 4-5 contains toggles or less commonly used buffs.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • colec74
    colec74
    I use Retreating Maneuver. I run with guildees most of the time so I use it for group utility. It costs a bit more stamina than Shuffle but allows my group to get the benefits of it and frees up a slot on their bar for another skill.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Retreating maneuver, removes snares and imo :)
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use retreating on all my characters who went to Cyrodiil (the first 4). It's not permanently on my bar but I use it when I need to ride faster in both PvE and PvP as well as a few special situations:
    - vCoS maze to run faster and remove the snares from the NB adds in the maze
    - vICP boss fights to give the group a boost and allow them to get to the portals faster
    - vCoH2 to remove the snares from the ghost ice attacks and escape boss AoE
    - vAA in the maze at the start to cleanse the snares from the ice vortexes
    - vHRC from the start of the trial to the stairs to cut the timer a bit
    The snare removal makes this morph a clear winer. I don't see the other used much.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use Retreating Maneouvre with my guild in PvP raids.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access