The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guard bug

Ardelli
Ardelli
Sometimes when I have a small bounty and guard comes to me, theres no dialogue. I just get stuck and the guard kills me. Cant move or do anything. When im finally dead I gotta reset game. Cant even open inventory. Anyone else got the same problem?
  • Xerifon
    Xerifon
    Soul Shriven
    This has happened to me a few times on the PS4. In fact, it just happened to me a couple days ago. I was trying to use a guild merchant just outside of the Elden Root, missed and accidentally stole an object from behind the merchant. I was awarded a bounty, but nothing happened, so I browsed a few more merchants. The red part of the bounty was gone by that point, so I thought I might get away. Then suddenly the screen panned, the controls became unresponsive - I couldn't even go into the menu, my bounty went from 92 to about 294 and a guard was whacking away at me. After I died, it gave me the option to revive, so I chose to go to the nearest wayshrine. However, the camera didn't move and the controls were still unresponsive. So, I had to close the game and reopen it.
  • KylerF
    KylerF
    Same here. NA Xbox one. Even when i pay to fast travel im still stuck. I have to restart the game completely.
    Khilorn Freewander
    Male Khajiit, Dragonknight
    Mostly PvE(er)
    Self proclaimed "Lore Junkie"
  • franklinb14a_ESO
    franklinb14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Any update on this bug?
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, PC NA.
    Lethal zergling
  • lyons27
    lyons27
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same issue on my Xbox one game, too
  • Aimsley
    Aimsley
    My partner and I who both have an account have both experienced this bug on the Xbox One. The guard stopped our characters as we had a bounty, (in both instances the bounty was around 300 gold) but the dialogue screen did not come up. Once this timed out the guard attacked. Our characters were unable to move and were subequently killed. When resurrected, either on the spot using a soul gem or at the wayshrine the characters remained rooted to the spot. Furthermore, it was impossible to open inventory, or use any function other than open/close the map. The only way to continue was to quit and reload the game.
    Edited by Aimsley on July 10, 2017 10:27AM
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe this bug is still around. It's pretty severe, where you need to quit and reload frequently.
    Lethal zergling
  • Churro_Burro
    Churro_Burro
    Soul Shriven
    I've been seing these kind of posts for 2 years already and this bug is still around. Makes me wanna cancel my subscription and go play final fantasy 14