The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning player - short inquiry

boris.bursiceb17_ESO
boris.bursiceb17_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hi all,

I went through "returning player" threads, but I couldn't find much regarding my inquiry. I will keep it short, since I saw that most of those threads had numerous inquiries.

I was part of TESO since the launch, leveled my Argonian healer to lvl 50, think he is veteran 2 lvl, and I stopped playing. I saw there are a lot of changes, so my question would be; Can I continue with my character or should I level a new one? I remember that getting to lvl 50 was quite tiresome back in the day. I totally forgot all the dungeons and pretty much everything :blush: , which makes me want to start over, but since last time it took me a long time to level it I'm looking for advice whether I should just remember my healer during normal farming or start over. I was leveling with my friend, and if I remember correctly we done pretty much every quest we could, and I'm not sure if I want to do it all over again.
  • Silverwing
    Silverwing
    Soul Shriven
    It sounds to me like you are just conflicted - you have 8 character slots, unless you have used them all and they are all level 50 just start a new one and have both. If decide you are not getting the same benefit out of starting over, switch to your vet - I'm just saying.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you enjoyed playing with your Argo healer why change,
    its still viable you have the ability now to alter it if need be and you won't have to repeat stuff
    And end up not having fun .
    But only you can decide :#
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Countcalorie
    Countcalorie
    ✭✭✭
    can some please tell me where to find an uptodate saptank build or at least how to make my own forum post? crap wrong post. Sorry!
    Edited by Countcalorie on September 25, 2016 1:01PM
  • boris.bursiceb17_ESO
    boris.bursiceb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    @Kram8ion ,

Yes I had fun with it, and I really don't want another NB or tank, it is either I continue with my healer or start with some sorcerer. What do you mean I can alter it? I was planning on checking some healing builds, but first I wanted to see if I am going to continue with it or not. Problem is, I know the groups depend a lot on the healers/tanks so I don't want to be trolled due to me sucking a bit right now :P. Currently all of my skills etc. are reset, so first checking what people think, and then I will start looking at builds and browse through updates since I saw there were a lot of changes to how certain things apply etc.

Are people just running through dungeon content or can I find a group that does it normally? I remember few games to which I've returned, and the people were just running through the content because they've done it thousands of times, which I really don't like.

@Silverwing , I would like to play a healer, and I don't want to start another one :), that is all. And last time(at launch) I was playing it always with a friend, and it took us a long time, and I am alone as healer now and might take me too long.
    Edited by boris.bursiceb17_ESO on September 25, 2016 1:08PM
  • Silverwing
    Silverwing
    Soul Shriven
    @Kram8ion ,

...Are people just running through dungeon content or can I find a group that does it normally? I remember few games to which I've returned, and the people were just running through the content because they've done it thousands of times, which I really don't like.

@Silverwing , I would like to play a healer, and I don't want to start another one :), that is all. And last time(at launch) I was playing it always with a friend, and it took us a long time, and I am alone as healer now and might take me too long.

I totally get it, and I agree 100% with your play style - I am much the same. In my experience pug's tend to want to rush through to get to the final Boss/Loot. I play on NA, look me up if you want we might be able to pull together a group of like minded individuals. I don't have any characters at your indicated level so the dungeons would be scaled, but I thought I would make the offer.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian healer is fine.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recently returned myself.

To get to 50 now you can simply finish main story in each zone (you want skill points anyway), pick up all shards (get addon to speed up the process), run all of dungeons once and finish main quest. It is like 30-40 hours of play if you are not in hurry. If you PvP a bit, you'll be over 50 before you finish Coldharbor.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are people just running through dungeon content or can I find a group that does it normally? I remember few games to which I've returned, and the people were just running through the content because they've done it thousands of times, which I really don't like.

@boris.bursiceb17_ESO

Send me an email in game, if your on the PC/NA server that is, and I can get you in Lone Wolf Help. We have a dungeon night on Mondays where we go through dungeons as slowly as the group needs or wants. Also, we are more than willing to wait while players listen to dialogs even on other nights when running dungeons.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• boris.bursiceb17_ESO
    boris.bursiceb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    @Silverwing @Nestor , thanks a lot, but alas I'm on EU. Hopefully I will find same kind souls on my server :).

Thank you all for replying.