The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Which is better?

PoseidonEvil
PoseidonEvil
✭✭✭
I've seen and heard many people talk about this. But no real clear answer. In end game such as craglorn or the new dungeons cradle and ruins(vet of course) is it better to have a higher max or higher spell/weapon dmg?
In-game ID: alchelvly
Phixeon Maghi -- Breton Healer
Harrow the Souleater -- Breton Necro Healer
Krogyle dro-Smoketh -- Orc Stamdk

Best Answer

• LordIllidan84
    LordIllidan84
    ✭✭
    A high resource pool is going to give you more weapon/spell damage. From what I've read on the forums, its about 10.46 wpn/spl damage per 100 resource (stam/mag). Now that conversion doesn't appear in your character screen, but you should see it in your numbers if you test it out.

If you have over 50% crit (perhaps even up to 60%), then start stacking your wpn/spl damage. If you don't have it up to around those numbers, then get the thief mundus or Expert Hunter/Magelight equipped to help boost it up.

source: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/140280/eso-calculations-for-advanced-players-updated-for-2-0-3
    Answer ✓
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Truthfully, a little bit of everything helps. You'll want a big stam or magicka pool, a fair amount of damage, and most of all crit. A build with 50%crit, 30k stam, and 3k weapon damage will outperform a build with 6k weapon damage, 27k stam and 32% crit.

I wish I could give you exact numbers, but it really does change each update.
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    Usually you want to hit certain numbers for each stat, then work on something else. For example: I'll try to hit 30k stamina, then hit my 1000 recovery, then stack weapon damage (3200) PvE. Crit almost comes naturally.
    Live for the pact... die for the pact.

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Stam Sorc DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP