Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Mats from deconstructing of cp armors

Mandragora
Mandragora
✭✭✭
Why I cannot get materials with my lowbie from deconstructing high level cp armors? How is it possible to abuse this? It just sucks for RP players, who just want a tailor,so how this game is RP? What if I do have cp char,who wants to fight and an alt, who just want to craft? with this system it is not possible, because of the high price of 160cp armors costing 150 of hides 1 piece - I need to be able to deconstruct that in order to be fully respected tailor.
So again how can you abuse that, if you get lower numbers of mats from deconstructing, than from gathering?
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    And if this is against players, who don't have DLCs - you cannot get enough of mats from such armors anyway, you would have to pay a lot to get the needed numbers.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're buying CP 160 armor for deconstruction, you're doing it wrong.

CP 150 armor doesn't take as much material, but offers essentially the same deconstruction rewards. Also, if you don't have a higher level character who can just send over items for deconstruction, look at buying even lower level armor (say CP 50-140) -- or even far lower (perhaps level 30-45 armor/weapons) if you're currently in low levels of the crafts. Better still, ask guildies if any will send you their junk after they run high level characters.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    I would have no problem if I couldn't craft anything, if I could deconstruct cp armors with my lowbie, but now I have a lot of non wanted cp 150 green armors ready for destruction and I cannot do it, because there is no way for me to get the main material from it, because I have lowbie crafter, so why is it like that? I don't understand the logic behind, it just sucks. Yes, someone else can deconstruct that, but I want the exps from that too. There is some way around, but why is it? It should be unlocked for the whole account with reaching cp points, otherwise you cannot really roleplay a non fighting tailor in this game....

EDIT: I would have problem if I couldn't be able to craft high level armors, but atleast I would know it forward, but now it just sucks, because I will have my bank full of such armors or lose xps/mats.
    Edited by Mandragora on September 25, 2016 2:11PM
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You need to have skill points to put into the crafting skill line and the line leveled up to extract the higher leveled materials from deconstruction. You do not get much material out of deconstructing anyway so why not just get some skill points for the low level character and level him up in crafting?

Your low level crafter will level up really quickly if you are giving them cp150 gear to deconstruct, I have 6 characters at level 50 in all of the crafting lines except 1 at level 48 in enchanting. Giving your high level gear to new characters is the fastest way to level them up in the skills - you already have a head start, so make the most of it.

Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is I already have that, that is my problem - I have level 25 sorc I decided he will be a woodworker, he is aleady level 9/46 woodworker already with maxed 3 points in getting rare ingrediences by decontructing, and still I get the message that I lack of knowledge for getting all the materials.
    In some FAQs they said, that you need to be a close enough real level to your crafting level in order to get all the materials.
    So now I leveled an alt, who cannot get rubedo by deconstructing, so I have to keep all the drop for deconstructing in my bank, waiting for him to level up, or level my main in woodworker, and that takes time. and cp 150 gear will already deconstruct rubedo, which you need like 150 for cp 160 1 piece ofgear, that is the reason, why it does matter.
    If I have already like 20 things, by deconstructing them I would get 40 rubedos for sure - should I lose it in levelling up woodworker?

So the point is - shouldn't this be default - once you reach champ level with your main, to be able to get all the materials with your lowbie alt - crafter?
    No restrictions in levels?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mandragora wrote: »
    ................I have level 25 sorc ...................and still I get the message that I lack of knowledge for getting all the materials.

You need to invest in the Material Passive and then you will get the mats from decon. Until then, you will continue to get the message, and not get any mats. The only other way is to decon the gear on an appropriately character leveled character and then you don't need to invest in the material passive. It has always been this way in the game.

So, if you want top end mats from decon of top end gear either:

Set your Material Passive to 10
    Use a Champ Level character*

Note, I don't have any way to test this, but I would imagine you need to be close to CP150 or better to gain mats on decon on a character that has no points in the Material Passive.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    I was wrong, thanks, it really is like that. I thought you could deconstruct the tier above of yours, so you could level up and get xps from the top tier deconstructions. And the wrists are until level 50 only? so there is no way how to use champ mats 10-140?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mandragora wrote: »
    I was wrong, thanks, it really is like that. I thought you could deconstruct the tier above of yours, so you could level up and get xps from the top tier deconstructions. And the wrists are until level 50 only? so there is no way how to use champ mats 10-140?

You still get the Inspiration (crafting experience) from decon, you just don't get any mats. I leveled one character about 40 crafting levels deconning top end gear that I never got any mats back on

Now, you should be able to get back mats from one tier above your material level or character level, whichever is higher. I have CP632 characters with no points invested in materials and I get Ruby Mats back. But, my L8 with 50 in Crafting and no material passives gets no mats back unless I decon Iron or Steel for instance. I don't have a low level with high material passives to tell you exactly what you get back at that end, but I would imagine you get materials back from at least one tier over your current passive. This is based on what happened as I was leveling characters long ago in a land far away.
    Edited by Nestor on September 27, 2016 10:00PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"