The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka DK DPS (PvE)

Duragon_Darko
Duragon_Darko
✭✭✭
I've always been a magicka tank and love it.

That said, I love the old school mages and sorcerers from AD&D and am fascinated at a DK being able to perform as such. I've been saving all good light armor drops to switch to a mage-type DK if I ever just wanted to try it out, just for fun.

Anyone have a loadout that could possibly get me started? I say "get me started" because I've been playing MMO's for a while and not every loadout is optimal for everyone's playstyle. And in this game especially, there are no cookie cutter loadouts. But any ideas to get me started would be appreciated. I'm thinking about running 2 flame destro staffs.

Thanks all, in advance for any info/advice.
.... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.
  • Fvh09NL
    Fvh09NL
    ✭✭✭
    I main a mDK dps and I use 5 Silks of the Sun, 2 Valkyn Skoria and 4 Elegance (for max magicka and Spell damage). All magicka enchants on armor and Spell Damage enchants on jewelry. But find out what you like yourself :)
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bar setup is usually quite unflexible for most content. It'll usually look like this:

99dc461a095ec93312543eea517c7cea.png

Depending on whether you got a vMA staff, you usually swap Elemental blockade or flames of oblivion to the front bar, swap Rearming trap out for chains, deep breath, harness magicka... depending on what content you're tackling.

Cool trick to apply for AoE situation: using a lightning staff on your back bar works with Molten armaments, so it's extremely easy to sustain your AoE damage. Drop Elemental blockade, Eruption and Engulfing flames, and hold heavy attack to zap the mobs!

Gear setups depends on what's available to you:

Usual 4-men group / nTrial with low Warhorn uptime / inconsistent Elemental drain / Siphon spirit
    2x Valkyn Skoria
    5x Julianos
    3x Willpower
    1x Inferno sharpened staff (any set)
    1x Lightning/Inferno sharpened staff (any set)

if you have access to Maelstrom staves, only replace one of your staves, the other should have spell power / weapon damage enchant.

If you have Infallible Aether (IA) or Moondancer, you can replace Willpower and one of your staves.
    If you run in a group with Elemental Drain / Siphon spirit, or just do content with very short fights, you might manage to sustain Kena.

Special "I run in a badass group with lotz of warhorn and Ele drain / Siphon spirit always up"
    2x Molag Kena
    5x Twice Born Star (TBS)
    3x Infallible Aether jewelry
    1x Inferno sharpened IA staff w/ spell power enchant
    1x Sharpened Maelstrom staff (lightning for AoE, fire for more single target)

There are many more gear setups possible, such as 3 Willpower, 3 Infallible Aether, maelstrom staff back bar and just about any 5p piece set (Julianos, TBS, Scathing...). It might even be possible to use a setup with a Master staff and flame clench. There might be a few good ones coming with One tamriel as well.

As far as the rest goes:
    • Max health / max magicka food
    • Thief mundus. Use Shadow as well if rocking TBS.
    • Divines on armor pieces, Infused for large ones as an alternative
    • Max magicka enchants on armor
    • 5 light / 1 medium / 1 heavy for more survivability and damage, 7 light for more sustain
    • Spell power enchants on Jewelry

More information available on Tamriel foundry:
    Kindling power
    Nos' mixed staves
    No maelstrom setup
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    Wow @Asmael, dude I appreciate it so much. You rock! Fantastic write up. Thank you.
    .... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.