Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

i have a request for help regarding VMA and no it's not do it for me :P

dsalter
dsalter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
what storc build that doesnt require all gold gear, spam animation canceling or rerolling class allows me to complete it? even if it requires boring cheesy builds.

i ain't aiming for score, flawless or even a fast time, i just wanna get through it and with the least amount of stress due to health reasons i cant put myself in stress so i'v been avoiding it due to frustration :(

edit: i do have a magplar but never really tried it beyond healing vet dungeons if that class allows for an easier time in VMA?
Edited by dsalter on September 20, 2016 11:49AM
PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    julianus, willpower 1kena torug is a good solid set up, purple armour is fine, gold weapons is recommended though

the crafted pieces are easy to aquire (ask about if you dont craft yourself)

1 kena shoulder can be aquired from undaunted key chests if you dont have IC to farm for the helm

i have received a lot of advice about burn this ignore that and while it does work it was physically painfull for me to do (arthritis), i am currently running 1 round at at time and learning the mechanics for myself, taking it slow, and running it at a pace that doesnt leave my hands cramped up and in agony for weeks
  • quake89
    quake89
    ✭✭✭
    Its going to be frustrating even with all gold gear I have a stam sorc all gear is gold and I'm stuck on the final boss. What I would say is that make sure your weapons and your jewelry enchants are gold rest of your gear can be purple and take It round by round.

If like me you find yourself dying constantly try to look at what killed you and why. other that that soon as you feel those stress levels go up go get a drink / take a smoke just get away from the screen compose yourself and have another crack at it.

Also I don't use soul gems I way shrine and walk back in gives you chance to see if you need to swap out some skills get that gear repaired up.

Hope this helps and best of luck !!
    PC -EU
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    julianus, willpower 1kena torug is a good solid set up, purple armour is fine, gold weapons is recommended though

1 kena shoulder can be aquired from undaunted key chests if you dont have IC to farm for the helm

i have received a lot of advice about burn this ignore that and while it does work it was physically painfull for me to do (arthritis), i am currently running 1 round at at time and learning the mechanics for myself, taking it slow, and running it at a pace that doesnt leave my hands cramped up and in agony for weeks

same build i'm using atm then, ugh i dunno why i cant get it done, took me about an hour to get through stage 1, then as soon as i got to stage 2's boss i was like "nope to much i cant keep going or i'll have a heart attack" :(
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

same build i'm using atm then, ugh i dunno why i cant get it done, took me about an hour to get through stage 1, then as soon as i got to stage 2's boss i was like "nope to much i cant keep going or i'll have a heart attack" :(

if its your 1st ever attempt then its going to be annoying/stressfull

take each round 1 at a time, take a look at your champion point allocation

there are some great guides avilable here on the forums & on youtube you just need to scroll past all the videos of people doing no speed death runs, and try to find a guide for people new to, or struggling with it

i tried repeatedly when the content 1stcame out, and i couldnt get it, the more i tried the worse i got, so i took 6 months away from the place

recently went back to try again and decided to ignore ALL the advice i had received and learn the mechanics for myself. and find a method that worked with my playstyle**; incorporating everything i had learned from other areas of the game

**i can weave but i cant animation cancel, because im not a 'pro' at weaving i only have 90% control over kena, and that 10% is enough to ruin my resource management hence 1 piece kena LOL
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    This conversation has been moved to PLAYERS HELPING PLAYERS
    Staff Post
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just need gold weapons. Tbs, torugs swords and a gold sharp inferno. Use prismatic glyph most of the bosses and adds are undead / daedra.

Just overload every boss.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • ValkynSketha
    ValkynSketha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need all gold gear only weapons, it is about practise, target prioritising, and situational awareness, also i recommend doing it 300+ cp, there is lots of guides on the web that will prepare you for less stress, you can go with doing stage each day for less stress, also use sigils untill you get used to it.

I did my first run ever on stamsorc week and half ago, first run took me 4h, second 1:20, and now after about 24run i have flawless with 530k score.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm gonna make a set of that Twice Born. The Julianos isn't working so great for me. Don't get so frustrated.....what am I talking about! I can't beat it either! I get to the 3rd round....agh.
    Just need gold weapons. Tbs, torugs swords and a gold sharp inferno. Use prismatic glyph most of the bosses and adds are undead / daedra.

I never see you give bad advice, but the daedra/undead is a bit later in the VMA. Prismatic Onslaught won't help with the dwemer centurions, lamia queen, giants or argonian behemoth.

I limit myself to no more than 45 minutes a go in that place. I can't deal with this kind of frustration.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I'm gonna make a set of that Twice Born. The Julianos isn't working so great for me. Don't get so frustrated.....what am I talking about! I can't beat it either! I get to the 3rd round....agh.

I never see you give bad advice, but the daedra/undead is a bit later in the VMA. Prismatic Onslaught won't help with the dwemer centurions, lamia queen, giants or argonian behemoth.

I limit myself to no more than 45 minutes a go in that place. I can't deal with this kind of frustration.

Nothing on those rounds will singularly give you an issue. Round 3 is just about keeping out the water and only the stam sorc 2nd boss will grief you.

Round 4 wave 3, after the dual spheres drop you get 5 spiders, I just out down LL and proxy and they all go bang at once. Other than that just ol the boss, it's stop and spit fire at about 20% health if you're kenad up and just carry on burning it.

The behemoth, don't rush it, just weave and frag it and bide your time, don't get caught with low magic, if you get a summoner and sorc minders you'll die, just wait for the all clear and burst one summoner, wound the other one and drop LL and weave but DO NOT CRUSHING SHOCK during rage phase, once it's over kill the weak summoner and it's swords on and overload away, you'll get to about 20% health before they appear again and repeat.

Just keep your distance on him, sometimes you'll get unlucky and kill a minder as an attack is on its way to you and you get instakilled as it's a cool bit of programming, they couldn't delay the instakill phase until the animation starts but hey.

Round 5 will grief you the most though, build up ulti for wave 3, stand on the healing sigil platform and kill that frost dude first, then the Atro, then the others. Next wave grab the defense sigil and you'll be fine.

But the prismatic will help where it's needed most, flame spinners on round 8 and crem guards and the last boss. Don't go for using stuff that helps a little everywhere, 9k free damage.

PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!