Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gold Edition vs. subbing ?

Beldurax
Beldurax
I come from the land of LOTRO, where I've been since beta, getting out now because I just don't see much of a GOOD future for the game, to be honest. Gave ESO a try this past week and just absolutely LOVE IT. Am very familiar with Elder Scrolls lore having played all of the previous single-player games, dating right back to the original game. My questions is this : is it better to go the route of purchasing the recently-offered Gold Edition, which contains all the DLCs, etc. etc. OR sub to game via the ESO Plus membership ?

• medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    Having the Gold Edition might be nice so that you have all DLC outright. However, realize that ZOS is starting to put things behind the sub wall that makes not subbing difficult. If you plan on doing any crafting whatsoever, you are going to have a hard time without the crafting bag, which is only available to subscription accounts. You can live without it, but quality of life will not be as good. If they continue this trend, there will be more and more perks which you won't be able to access with the Gold Edition.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you already own the game and have characters you want to keep, Gold does require you to create a new account with new characters.

If you already have an account, it is cheaper to buy a 5500 Crown pack and just buy the DLC Pack. At that point, the significant difference is really the horse that comes with Gold. You can pick up a horse in game for a few thousand gold, which means walking for a few levels. I am not sure what the Crown Store mount options are right now.

You can hold off on ESO Plus until it makes more sense, after a few more DLC are out. However, keep in mind that ESO Plus comes with a nearly equal amount of Crowns per month, the Crafting Bag of Holding, and better Costume Dye support, in addition to the 10% boost in inspiration and experience.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Subbing used to be fairly lackluster. But now, the crafting bag alone makes the sub a must if you are going to craft. You do get access to all dlc so not missing anything there. Also, you get 1500 crowns for your 15 bucks.

So, 15 bucks a month pays for the crowns, then everything ellse is free. Imo, its silly not to just sub.

If you buy the gold addition, thats all you get and if you keep playing chances are you will end up subbing like the rest of us anyway : ))
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sub a month, see how you like the DLC's.

(...and then you won't go back to unsubbing because of that crafting bag anyway. :D)
  • Beldurax
    Beldurax
    Wow, seems like I have my answer ! Thanks all ! :smiley:
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭
    get that craft bag baby!