The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Getting 'Fatal Error 11'?

Sparkes7
Sparkes7
Soul Shriven
I've just installed the game and I can't launch it. When I press Play, it just crashes instantly with Fatal Error 11:

HERE:
====================================================================
eso encountered a fatal error. (Error 11)
Description: Client Fatal Error
====================================================================

[reporter]
version = 0.01

[extra]
ProductName = eso
Version = eso.live.2.5.10.1354718
branch = live
client.executablebits = 64
client.mode = startup
client.renderertype = D3D11
client.session_start_timestamp = 2016-09-16T18:06:49.240Z
client.timestamp = 2016-09-16T18:06:49.478Z -frme 0-
computer.name = DESKTOP-C33VJ8U
computer.user = Sparkes
cpu.arch = 9
cpu.count = 8
cpu.level = 6
cpu.type = 8664
data.depotid = 4001
data.dir = D:/Program Files (x86)/Zenimax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online
data.syncm = databuild
data.version = 0.win.0.live.1278414
exe.buildnum = 1354718
exe.opt = release
exe.reltype = public
exe.type = client
fe.code = 11
fe.descrip = Client Fatal Error
gfx.description = 21.21.13.7270
gfx.deviceid = 5121.-2061496253.161
gfx.driver = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
gfx.vendorid = 4318
mem.system_physical = 8130
os.osbits = 64
os.platform = windows
os.version = 10.0.10586.
ptime = 274
reportfield.ver = 3
version.major = 2
version.patch = 5
version.subpatch = 10
  • Sparkes7
    Sparkes7
    Soul Shriven
    Repairing through the launcher - will update with result
    Options
  • ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    Just to clarify some of the steps to resolve your issue try the following:

Step 1: Repair the ESO Launcher

Open The Elder Scrolls Online Launcher by right-clicking on the icon on the desktop and selecting Run as Administrator.
    Wait for the launcher to open completely.
    If multiple ESO clients are installed and available through the Launcher, make sure you have the correct version highlighted by clicking on it once.
    Open the Game Options dropdown menu and click on the option for Repair.
    Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game. This may take some time.
    If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files.

Step 2: Delete the ESO Launcher Folder
    PC: Go to the Launcher folder. You can find this by default at C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher. Delete the Launcher folder.
    Mac: Open Finder, go to Applications, and then look for the Zenimax Online folder. The Launcher folder will be under the main ZOS folder. Delete Launcher folder.

Step 3: Download new ESO Launcher

Once you have deleted the folder, download the ESO Launcher from your account management page here to reinstall it. You can do this by logging in to your account on our website and clicking the Download Game button on the page for your appropriate platform.

You can also find some additional help on our Knowledge Base!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Options
    Staff Post
  • Sparkes7
    Sparkes7
    Soul Shriven
    Using the Repair tool in the Game Settings dropdown of the launcher fixed the issue.
    Options
  • josefcifkaeb17_ESO
    josefcifkaeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has started happening to me every time there's a change in the game, be it an update or just cash shop update...

This game is so much fun lately, half the time the servers are down, latency is terrible, lag spikes have been the norm for as long as I can remember, FPS drops that get resolved only by relogging only to have them back in 30 minutes, quests are getting buggier and buggier, every DLC brings more issues to the game, and now I have to repair the game and download crap every second time I start it. Just great!

Soon you'll have to pay me to play the game, because this is getting outrageous.
    (つ -‘ _ ‘- )つ ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Options
  • Nervani
    Nervani
    ✭✭✭
    This happened to me just now. Restarted my pc and it worked fine again. Maybe try that?
    PC-EU/NA @Nervani (+17 other accounts)XB1-EU @Nervani4710instagram.com/nervanihq[The Lollipop Gang] - (PC-EU) Founder/Guildmaster[Crazy Elves] - (PC-EU) Founder[Casual Rascals] - (PC-EU, PC-NA, XBOX1-EU) Founder
    Options