The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I need an advice for my templar

Methariorn
Methariorn
✭✭✭
What is better for an heavy armor templar in PvP? boost hardy and elemental defender in the lady tree (so I got the last passive as well) or boost heavy armor focus to add another 4.5k of physical resistance?
Methariorn sorc EU server AD
Acciughina NB EU server AD
Aiacos Templar EU server AD
Sevoltan DK EU server AD
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deff Hardy and elemental defender, people use a lot of penetration so they can just bypass the 4.5k resistance extra.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deff Hardy and elemental defender, people use a lot of penetration so they can just bypass the 4.5k resistance extra.

Flip side, too much hardy/elemental defender stacking might not give you much due to mitigating returns. 40 points gets you around 13% (which is great) but after that it starts to trail off fast and youll burn CP points to reach higher (80 something gets you 20% making that 7% increase for 40 points when the first 40 got you 13% initially.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Methariorn wrote: »
    What is better for an heavy armor templar in PvP? boost hardy and elemental defender in the lady tree (so I got the last passive as well) or boost heavy armor focus to add another 4.5k of physical resistance?

Short answer: use both. I'd probably use the following bench mark:
    - get close to 2k crit resistance
    - 40/40 split in Hardy/elemental defender (which ever gets you 13% reduction)
    - reach a max of 30k physical resistance with major ward/resolve buffs.(my calcs indicate after penetration, youll net a 23% dmg reduction with 15k armor left).
    - rest into the CP of your choosing (thick skin for dots, spell resistance if you aren't at 30k spell resistance, etc.)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Flip side, too much hardy/elemental defender stacking might not give you much due to mitigating returns. 40 points gets you around 13% (which is great) but after that it starts to trail off fast and youll burn CP points to reach higher (80 something gets you 20% making that 7% increase for 40 points when the first 40 got you 13% initially.

Fair enough. This mainly counts for the heavy armor i think, if you use light it won't make a difference since they probably have more penetration they you have armor already. Not to sure about medium, it might work for that too.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Fair enough. This mainly counts for the heavy armor i think, if you use light it won't make a difference since they probably have more penetration they you have armor already. Not to sure about medium, it might work for that too.

Yea, exactly. For light/medium you lose out too much due to the diminishing returns on the armor bonus points. (Didn't mention that because OP mentioned heavy armor :p)

For light, you can increase the overall armor more if you pick nirn as the trait (and effectively also double increase the spell resistance too). If you do reinforced it's around 1300 physical resistance for big pieces and 1400 for nirn. But it's possible to be completely naked after certain penetrating builds, so it's a waste.

Medium armor is the same, but you can at least reach 2.5k on the big pieces so youll be able to reach some aspects of the armor minimum I mentioned. But medium's strengths are that its weapon crit/dmg influences how amazing the weapon heals are, on top of reducing dodge roll costs. So it's mostly a waste to hit an armor limit of 30k. Maybe a s+b DK would be better off hitting that minimum but most stam builds it's a waste.

For heavy, it's the Templars best in slot armor period. You gain extra healing, gain more armor for mitigation, have two extra resource regen sources (heavy attack and constitution), and gives extra health making blazing shield better. Combine with S+B and add an Aedric shower ability, youll be able to gain an extra 15% block mitigation on any attack (Templars get 15% on melee attacks and S+B gives you only range not counting the extra 8% off defensive posture or 20% s+b passive).
    Edited by Minno on September 15, 2016 8:50PM
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options