Is Model/texture editing possible

Oakmontowls_ESO
Oakmontowls_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
So I was thinking about how in the game Maplestory it is possible to edit the appearance of equipment by simply swapping some images in the core files of the game. Is something similar even possible with eso? Obviously it would not be nearly as simple as it is in maplestory since it is a 2d game and less encrypted. So to reiterate the question, is it possible to edit the core files of eso in order to change the models or textures of different things. For example taking the texture/model of a Breton heavy helm and overwriting it with the texture and model of a Xyvkin light helm. Such a thing would be completely client sided however.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is something similar even possible with eso?

No.

The only mods allowed are ones that change the UI. There are some graphics tweakers that remove say the excess Fog, but those don't replace textures either.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't replace the texture, but you can apply post-process effects with things like SweetFX/Reshade
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically, it is possible to do it. I can make a program to inject different textures to the memory.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Technically, it is possible to do it. I can make a program to inject different textures to the memory.

However, while post-process injection like SweetFX which do not change the core mechanics of the game are tolerated by ZOS, the official stance is that if these memory injection programs change some fundamental aspect of the game, or give you an unfair advantage, like making stealthed players always visible in PVP or changing enemy models into huge Molag Bal statues or something, you would absolutely get the ban hammer.

But like others have said no, not possible for an in-game addon to change anything about the models or textures in the world. Only UI elements can be altered.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree.gif
    ESO uses readily available model and animation formats.

Changing models and textures client side is possible, but *not* with an AddOn, you'd need a 3rd party App for that.
    smile.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on September 22, 2016 7:39PM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    agree.gif
    ESO uses readily available model and animation formats.

Changing models and textures client side is possible, but *not* with an AddOn, you'd need a 3rd party App for that.
    smile.gif

I know, I did make stuff like that for single player games but don't want to do so in a multiplayer environment.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

<sarcasm>Yeah but if you try to inject on runtime you will get caught by the ESO' anticheat protections</sarcasm>
    Edited by ManDraKE on September 22, 2016 7:42PM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

<sarcasm>Yeah but if you try to inject on runtime you will get caught by the ESO' anticheat protections</sarcasm>

Technically I could patch the executive file to bypass that too.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please avoid trolling on decompilation, memory injections & others here , we're on official forums, not on a random undergroud hacking forum.

Signed: A white hat who respect API.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil