The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pvp Newbies and ESO Newbies Drop from BWB Cyro Because of Gear Differences

darvaria
darvaria
✭✭✭✭
Zenimax: You have got to fix this.

You do know many of the newbies come to Cryo on their first toon? And they actually use the Rewards gear?

1. It's unreasonable that ANY gear is outdated on your next level up.

Solution: Pvp Rewards and all gear should scale as the materials change. You need level 10, 16, 26, 36 and 46 gear. There should be no "level 18 gear". Who do you think changes gear every 2 levels? Rerolled twinks sporting yellow weapons, with yellow enchants. Crafted gear and weapons for the most part. I'm not saying the gear should be equal to that but if you had the gear not degrade with each level, there would actually be some chance of a player getting decent rewards sets. We have 2 guild banks full of rewards lvls 10 to 49, and I can almost never find appropriate level gear for new members. I tell them to forget it and craft them a 5/5 and 3 or 4/5. But many newbies don't have crafting leveled or know master crafters.

2. Players come in assorted quest greens and the Prophet Ring as their only jewelry. Even the stam classes arrive with a Prophet Ring.

Solution: Have a short quest that rewards players with a set of heavy armor (and yes they need to be in all heavy with impen). Decent blues or even greens with set bonuses and blue or green enchants. Make the quests for lvl 10, 16, 26, 36 and 46 rewards and let players choose for their class. OMG even Rift lets you choose your stat gear. And offer another short quest that will provide a 3 piece basic jewelry set (choose between magicka, stamina and health)

NOTE: This should not be top of game but should be decent. And the PVP rewards gear would be a grade above.

If someone doesn't happen to get help with gearing, they generally leave Cyro and don't come back. And some ppl actually come to ESO for the PVP. When it doesn't work out, they leave the game. They have enough of a challenge learning a PVP skill bar and rotation. Getting one or two shot due partly to lack of gear, doesn't give them a chance to learn and improve.

As a purple/gold geared player, I can see the differences. I'm not much of dpser but can easily take down 2 or 3 under geareds just using sweeps. And they can't even hit me. I know a lot of the rerolled twinks want a continued influx of newbies they can 2 shot. This won't help me personally because I have gold weapons for every two levels and a mix of purple/gold gear for at least every 4 levels. But it would help keep more players pvping.
Edited by darvaria on September 14, 2016 7:46PM
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont disagree. I wish that any gear within that crafting material were normalized to be considered "at level." I'll admit that even as a player with mostly gold gear even I have trouble finding gear in drop sets at desirable levels. This is something that will benefit everyone, but especially those with less financial backing than someone like @darvaria or myself.

And frankly, with the really exciting build diversity to come with One Tamriel it's also going to become an even bigger ordeal to find drop sets all at the same level. It's not like now where I know I can find Warlock in the early 20s.

I think this is the best idea I've read in a long time on these forums.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ran a group last night in BWB with a lot of new players. Since changing to @account names, I'm more aware of who's new.

Geared a few ppl in blue armor/blue glyphs and purple weapons/purple glyphs. One was a lvl 33 that was clinging to 3 pieces of rewards gear that was lvl 11 to lvl 19 to get a set. Even the level 26 and 28 pieces weren't up to par. The player was like "I don't suck now".

The difference is staggering.

Zenimax: You have got to fix this. It affects all factions. One of the factors that might over populate AD is that they have stronger guilds there, that can help with gearing. It's just not right to have these new players coming into PVP with no gear and getting gear that is outdated in one level. Give them some gear. And stop out dating gear every level. Gear should only lose effect as the materials change. Make it fair.

You changed the CP, now change this please.
    Edited by darvaria on September 15, 2016 8:44PM
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yer on the right track, and it's about GEAR LEVELING/SCALING...

There needs to be a way to "scale" up gear so that all gear up to max level is not just disposable garbage. Particularly when you consider that the gear cap is going to increase, and will continue to increase, and RNG sets are over burdensome to obtain.

Pretty much every other MMO I have played has some mechanism to address this problem. I see the solution as a crafting option "increase/decrease gear level" (if you want to downscale something to sell, etc.). Some MMOs require rarer commodities to make this possible.

This needs to happen 2 years go.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish you could make containers... so when you retire a good set of gear but want to save it for the next Alt you run through BWB.. you can stick the lot in a container & just use one bank slot. Be really cool if you could label the containers too ... like Level_10_Stamina, Level_20_Magicka... etc...
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    Why so complicated? Complicated is never good. ZoS already implemented a complicated solution by scaling depending on difference between gear and character level. Scaling by mats level AND character level is even more complicated.

Just scale the gear to CP 150 and its fine again.
  • Vrathak
    Vrathak
    ✭✭✭
    Isnt that coming with one tamriel? All gear scaled to cp160?....
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vrathak wrote: »
    Isnt that coming with one tamriel? All gear scaled to cp160?....

I don't think that is the case, but please let us know.

I thought gear would remain unscaled.... which I don't think is a good idea.

Are CPs still active in BWB? That should NOT be.
  • Vrathak
    Vrathak
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no there are no cp in bwb. That has been removed a couple months ago
    Edited by Vrathak on September 16, 2016 9:25PM
  • MrUncle
    MrUncle
    I entered the campaign and I don't know how to leave, everyone is killing me :(
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cp were never really an issue.
    skill and exp ruled before orsinium.
    After orsinium it was suddenly gear that mattered most.

and now that cp are gone its still the same
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, this might help - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/292091/can-we-please-have-a-legacy-pre-orsinium-non-vet-campaign

This was the most noob-friendly time in PVP ever.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @laksikus , as a player with CP cap they made an enormous difference before Orsinium. I felt invincible and was quite a bit worse at actually playing the game then. It was amazing when they removed CP in BwB because I had been the last empress on PC/NA and I had no sustain problems and pretty extraordinary damage/resists and the next day playing the same character I found myself suddenly having sustain issues I never had before.

Pre-Orsinium was pretty boring - everyone's gear more or less didn't matter and you could run hybrid builds. But I think that it eliminated a lot of really, really cool build opportunities and frankly that's the thing I enjoy I enjoy most about BwB. I'd be really disappointed to lose all of those options just for the opportunity to run hybrid builds (some of which are totally viable now - shoot me a message if you want one or two).

I think right now the biggest issue in BwB is exactly as @darvaria has said: some of us are running gold/purple gear that is switched out every 2-6 levels (I'm more on the 6 side because I'm cheap) and have a significant advantage over those in green/white. I would really LOVE for this to be equalized somehow because I enjoy level playing fields. When CP were eliminated I had to change my gear and improve my play and I'd welcome an opportunity to do that again by normalizing gear.

@darvaria is totally right that learning PvP skills is hard enough as is, but it's off-putting to get kited around a tree by someone like me and still lose in a 4v1 because I'm tanking everything and still hitting folks for 7k+ due to gear differential. I'd rather lose more fights and learn to adapt for people to have a better time playing.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And holy crap, in terms of build diversity it'd be amazing to actually be able to string together 5 pieces of a set and not have it nerfed by scaling. Especially with One Tamriel, we're going to be getting gear at all kinds of levels and it'll be really hard to find at level gear for some of the super cool sets coming out. Standardizing by material tiers is a great idea.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    And holy crap, in terms of build diversity it'd be amazing to actually be able to string together 5 pieces of a set and not have it nerfed by scaling. Especially with One Tamriel, we're going to be getting gear at all kinds of levels and it'll be really hard to find at level gear for some of the super cool sets coming out. Standardizing by material tiers is a great idea.

i can say the same- and i say gear makes far more difference now than cp ever did.
    before orsinium i dueled people with and without my cp, experience is what killed them.

the only difference cp made was if 2 equal skilled players thought against each other.
    now its worse with gear. Ever seen what gold and willpower can do to your stats?
  • Frugal
    Frugal
    ✭✭
    Scaling gear from any level below cp150 to cp150 is a solution. There really is no good reason to implement it thought, because the problem isn't gear getting outdated as you level up. On the contrary, this has been an intended mechanic on most RPGs that I've played.

The real problem is people rerolling new toons and twinking them to play in a campaing that was meant to be learning grounds for people below champion ranks, even more so if these people group up and encourage that behaviour. Can they be stopped? No. They can do it anytime they want, but if anything should be changed it's making it harder (not just upgrading your gear every 6 levels) for them to take advantage of the knowledge they have about gear mechanics.

If you (anyone) think you're a good player and you can afford to make gold gear AND weapons for every 2 levels, BwB is certainly not the right place for you. Play the game content, get to cp160, invest all this gold in a beast cp160 set. Players in vet campaings are generally (keyword: generally) more experienced. Even the low level ones. You get challenge, you get build diversity, and sadly you also get a bit of lag.

Point is, either ZOS makes it "fair" for everyone and makes any piece of gear/weapon you get scale up to cp150, encouraging you, the pvp player, to not touch the game content at all anymore, or they keep it how it is, where you have to play the game content to some extent to be highly competitive in pvp.
    Edited by Frugal on September 17, 2016 9:16PM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, the lag in vet campaigns besides off-hours Azura's has made things pretty unplayable. Compound that with the power creep of CPs and it makes for a pretty unappealing game in Had/Trueflame.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @laksikus , I'm pretty familiar because I have those things.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Adenoma
    Then you should know that gear made a far bigger gar than cp ever did.

I personly would take back pre IC battle level any time
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the post-Orsinium, pre-TG was the biggest difference in gear. I think you'd be surprised at how many people are well-geared for BwB, but this is for the newer players. Besides weapons, there isn't a big difference in purple and gold gear.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But there is between sets and nonsets.
    There is between Sets and Monster helmets and msa weapons in bwb.

The most balanced and noob friendly patch was ages ago.
    It would have been enough to ban cp in 1.6.
    The gear change was completly unbalanced and still is against newbies and people that dont craft New gear every 4 levels