The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Gold Edition rant

Diesosoon
Diesosoon
✭✭✭
So the new Gold Edition is kind of a slap in the face of players who have already bought dlc's imho. There should be a discounted gold edition based on the dlc's players have already bought, this personally would fix my issue.

~Diesosoon NA~ |Diesosoon EU|

~Guilds~ |Guilds|
~Hoarders Anonymous~ |Yet to be determined|
Bum touching is the best touching
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd just be happy to have the option to choose a different DLC to replace the IC DLC which I just purchased earlier this month! I mean seriously, don't run a special on a DLC and then include the exact same DLC in another special just a few weeks later. You should have included a different DLC than IC.
  • Diesosoon
    Diesosoon
    ✭✭✭
    Pomaikai wrote: »
    I'd just be happy to have the option to choose a different DLC to replace the IC DLC which I just purchased earlier this month! I mean seriously, don't run a special on a DLC and then include the exact same DLC in another special just a few weeks later. You should have included a different DLC than IC.

While I can see your side, I simply put what would fix my issue. :smile:

Thanks for the response though

~Guilds~ |Guilds|
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is fairly common after a game has been out for a few years. As far as discounted DLC, there are occasional promotions and ZoS has mentioned DLC discounts in the future. We're only two months from Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I would stay patient and keep an eye out for a price drop.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • KranderH
    KranderH
    ✭✭
    "I bought coffee once. Now I see they're serving tea. I want a refund."
    Edited by KranderH on September 14, 2016 11:46PM
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not right....

I believe what OP mean is.

For example

As a loyal players, I already bought these DLCs during its launch
    - Thieves Guild (2000 Crowns)
    - Dark Brotherhood (2000 Crowns)
    - Shadows of the Hist (1500 Crowns)
    Now I want to complete my packs, I spent another 5500 Crowns for the Mega-pack. So in total I spent 11000 Crowns.

Meanwhole Bob, he is a stinky players. He never purchased anything in Crown store.
    Now to complete the packs, Bob only need to spend 5500 Crowns for the Mega-pack + 1500 Crowns for SotH. So in total Bob spent 7000 Crowns. And he have everything I have (that I spent 11000 Crowns for it!).

Bundles pricing should be Dynamic.It should take account of what stuff inside it that you already own, and adjust the price accordingly.

Now if you folks are fine with this, Static dynamic bundle that requires you to repurchase it FULL price. Then we will be forever stuck with static bundle prices. This is the reason why we can't have nice things.

Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm back then didn't have dynamic pricing in their bundles. Requiring players to repurchase it FULL price, punishing people who already owned and bought stuffs previously. Folks there mad, they posted it all over the forum, and guess what? Their voice has been heard. They now have nice things called Dynamic bundles. On top of that they also refunded the double purchase of the same items before the dynamic bundle system implemented.

Do you guys not want these as well here in ESO?
    Think about it.
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I could not imagine playing without the crafting bag, I never need to buy the dlc's because the day I lose access to them is the day I am no longer playing. And IMO, they have all been over priced.
    Edited by Bryanonymous on September 15, 2016 12:21AM
  • Diesosoon
    Diesosoon
    ✭✭✭
    As I could not imagine playing without the crafting bag, I never need to buy the dlc's because the day I lose access to them is the day I am no longer playing. And IMO, they have all been over priced.

I agree, but assuming your eso+ lapses or you can no longer afford it(college student) you lose access to all the dlc's unless you have purchased them.
    Wow wrote: »
    That's not right....

For example

Now I want to complete my packs, I spent another 5500 Crowns for the Mega-pack. So in total I spent 11000 Crowns.

Meanwhole Bob, he is a stinky players. He never purchased anything in Crown store.
    Now to complete the packs, Bob only need to spend 5500 Crowns for the Mega-pack + 1500 Crowns for SotH. So in total Bob spent 7000 Crowns. And he have everything I have (that I spent 11000 Crowns for it!).

Bundles pricing should be Dynamic.It should take account of what stuff inside it that you already own, and adjust the price accordingly.

Now if you folks are fine with this, Static dynamic bundle that requires you to repurchase it FULL price. Then we will be forever stuck with static bundle prices. This is the reason why we can't have nice things.

Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm back then didn't have dynamic pricing in their bundles. Requiring players to repurchase it FULL price, punishing people who already owned and bought stuffs previously. Folks there mad, they posted it all over the forum, and guess what? Their voice has been heard. They now have nice things called Dynamic bundles. On top of that they also refunded the double purchase of the same items before the dynamic bundle system implemented.

Think about it.

Exactly my point.

Thanks all for the responses :smile:

~Guilds~ |Guilds|
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's not right....

For example

Think about it.

By the same token, If a loyal PS4 consumer bought a PS4 at launch and got around 3 games, he no doubt purchased it for a helluva lot more than what Bob would have if Bob bought a PS4 last week, with those exact same 3 games. People have to accept they will pay more if they must have things during their highest price point. The thrifty amongst us wait.

I just re bought ESO today for the PS4, the disc was £8 and included the explorers pack. I then purchased 5500 crowns on PSN for £11.99, so I could buy the dlc bundle. All in and including the bonus explorers pack, I only paid £19.99 for something many others will have spent close to £70 buying (if not a lot more). Hell, the ps4 eso gold version is retailing for £50 in some places.

If anyone is on PS4, it's a lot cheaper buying the base game and buying 5500 crowns. The gold version is currently grossly over priced due to the current crown sale on PSN and how cheap the base game is everywhere.
    Edited by Prof_Bawbag on September 15, 2016 3:24PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diesosoon wrote: »
    So the new Gold Edition is kind of a slap in the face of players who have already bought dlc's imho. There should be a discounted gold edition based on the dlc's players have already bought, this personally would fix my issue.

I think you are meaning the Guilds and Glory DLC pack, not the Gold Edition?

If you buy Gold, you get a whole new license. G&G is for current license holders.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is standard procedure with all games...
  • Diesosoon
    Diesosoon
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

Doesn't mean we can't try to change it, does it?

If you buy Gold, you get a whole new license. G&G is for current license holders.

You're right, even though it is essentially the same thing :tongue:

~Guilds~ |Guilds|
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

But why?

It's like last seasons trainers being on sale, or coats being on sale in summer.

Or even 10 year old games being full price.

Older stuff gets put on sale, gets bundles, gets extras. It's a way to sell older content easier.
  • Diesosoon
    Diesosoon
    ✭✭✭

But why?

It's like last seasons trainers being on sale, or coats being on sale in summer.

Or even 10 year old games being full price.

Older stuff gets put on sale, gets bundles, gets extras. It's a way to sell older content easier.

Simply put, to show some respect for the players money.

~Guilds~ |Guilds|
  • CromulentForumID
    CromulentForumID
    ✭✭✭✭

Absolutely incorrect. You have been able to play that DLC content since you bought it. You paid for the ability to play it, not just the ability to have it on your hard drive.

It's not even close to a slap in the face. It's not even a mild graze or an annoying itch.

When you find a way to refund all of the hours you spent playing the content you maybe have a point.
  • Diesosoon
    Diesosoon
    ✭✭✭

Absolutely incorrect. You have been able to play that DLC content since you bought it. You paid for the ability to play it, not just the ability to have it on your hard drive.

It's not even close to a slap in the face. It's not even a mild graze or an annoying itch.

When you find a way to refund all of the hours you spent playing the content you maybe have a point.

Personally haven't gotten to any of the DLC I have bought. That being said I see your side but I still feel it isn't fair to charge someone twice for 1 or more DLC's they have already bought. That would be like needing new tires on your car and them charging you for the whole car; you already have the car and just need the tires.

~Guilds~ |Guilds|
  • Talyena
    Talyena
    ✭✭✭✭

Personally haven't gotten to any of the DLC I have bought. That being said I see your side but I still feel it isn't fair to charge someone twice for 1 or more DLC's they have already bought. That would be like needing new tires on your car and them charging you for the whole car; you already have the car and just need the tires.

They aren't charging you twice. Individual DLCs are still for sale. You have to evaluate what is cheaper for you. Do you buy the bundle even though you don't need all the DLCs, or do you buy the ones you need individually. If it's cheaper to buy them individually, then the sale means nothing to you. If it is cheaper to buy the bundle, then you are still saving money even though you might not need all the DLCs in the bundle. Either way, it won't cost you any more than if the bundle didn't exist at all.
  • Diesosoon
    Diesosoon
    ✭✭✭
    Talyena wrote: »

They aren't charging you twice. Individual DLCs are still for sale. You have to evaluate what is cheaper for you. Do you buy the bundle even though you don't need all the DLCs, or do you buy the ones you need individually. If it's cheaper to buy them individually, then the sale means nothing to you. If it is cheaper to buy the bundle, then you are still saving money even though you might not need all the DLCs in the bundle. Either way, it won't cost you any more than if the bundle didn't exist at all.

It is just my opinion they could find a way to either:
    a) discount the bundle for those already in possession of certain dlc's
    b)allow a PARTIAL refund, by partial I mean maybe 1/4th of what the dlc price was in crowns

~Guilds~ |Guilds|
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would this be a bad time to mention that I got the game for £12 a month before it became Buy-to-Play, with the Explorer's Pack, and then got the free loyalty crowns for playing before the switch over, plus another 1500 because my free month of subscription time expired shortly after the switch over?

The point is no matter what companies do these kinds of things are never going to be completely equal for everyone. There will always be someone who got more than you did (like all the people who were playing for a year before I started) or paid less or whatever. The important thing is whether you thought your purchase was worth the money you paid for it at the time.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • xellink
    xellink
    ✭✭✭
    You paid to play earlier. If your rent a flat... for 10 months... do you not pay more than the one who rented for 5 months?

You have used more server resources than the one who bought later... thus ZOS has spent more on you than the new player (server rental charges). Stop complaining.
  • Diesosoon
    Diesosoon
    ✭✭✭
    xellink wrote: »
    You paid to play earlier. If your rent a flat... for 10 months... do you not pay more than the one who rented for 5 months?

You have used more server resources than the one who bought later... thus ZOS has spent more on you than the new player (server rental charges). Stop complaining.

Lol I don't think having access to an area uses more server resources when the area is a static entity in the game...js
    Danikat wrote: »
    Would this be a bad time to mention that I got the game for £12 a month before it became Buy-to-Play, with the Explorer's Pack, and then got the free loyalty crowns for playing before the switch over, plus another 1500 because my free month of subscription time expired shortly after the switch over?

The point is no matter what companies do these kinds of things are never going to be completely equal for everyone. There will always be someone who got more than you did (like all the people who were playing for a year before I started) or paid less or whatever. The important thing is whether you thought your purchase was worth the money you paid for it at the time.
    I fully understand but it doesn't mean I can't have an opinion :smiley:

~Guilds~ |Guilds|
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the reason why we can't have nice things. People like you @Brrrofski @xellink , who think that everything is fine the way it is and no need for a change. I can see you are Altmer to the core. I suggest you to follow Saint Veloth the Pilgrim's teaching, there is nothing wrong with change, as long as it's in the right direction.

Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm back then didn't have dynamic pricing in their bundles. Requiring players to repurchase it FULL price, punishing people who already owned and bought stuffs previously. Folks there mad, they posted it all over the forum, They wanted change. and guess what? Their voice has been heard. They now have nice things called Dynamic bundles. On top of that they also refunded the double purchase of the same items before the dynamic bundle system implemented.

Do you guys not want these Dynamic Bundle Pricing as well here in ESO? You don't want?
    Edited by Wow on September 16, 2016 7:51AM
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the reason why we can't have nice things. People like you @Brrrofski @xellink , who think that everything is fine the way it is and no need for a change. I can see you are Altmer to the core. I suggest you to follow Saint Veloth the Pilgrim's teaching, there is nothing wrong with change, as long as it's in the right direction.

Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm back then didn't have dynamic pricing in their bundles. Requiring players to repurchase it FULL price, punishing people who already owned and bought stuffs previously. Folks there mad, they posted it all over the forum, They wanted change. and guess what? Their voice has been heard. They now have nice things called Dynamic bundles. On top of that they also refunded the double purchase of the same items before the dynamic bundle system implemented.

Do you guys not want these Dynamic Bundle Pricing as well here in ESO? You don't want?

It's a standard marketing technique. Selling older, less desired stuff for cheaper or as part of a deal. Have you never been in any shop ever in your life?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, you bought them earlier and played them, so you received a premium for the extra money you payed then, compared to the discounted pack. This happens a lot with every product line: older ones are sold at a discount at a certain time. If you were really stingy you would have stayed with the vanilla game and patiently waited for the discounted DLC pack to come into the crown store.

I've bought Imperial City in late May, and Shadows of the Hist the day it came out. Am I disappointed that I missed the discounted edition for the former, that came out in late August? Or the discounted 4 DLC pack? Absolutely not, because I've enjoyed running in the sewers, PvP-ing and hunting monsters in the districts and running the two dungeons many times over the last 4 months. I'm really thinking of getting the discounted pack anyway, even if I only save 1500 crowns vs. buying each of the 3 remaining DLCs individually. The problem is that I find Dark Brotherhood totally uninteresting, and the other 2 uninteresting as well, apart form the solo arena and the trial respectively. Probably I'll buy them in the end.

In conclusion it's important when you get something, not whether you get it. Hence the premium/discounted prices.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Diesosoon
    Diesosoon
    ✭✭✭

It's a standard marketing technique. Selling older, less desired stuff for cheaper or as part of a deal. Have you never been in any shop ever in your life?

Most shops have a return policy...js

~Guilds~ |Guilds|
  • xellink
    xellink
    ✭✭✭

Usually within the last 28 days. Once they are out of season, they get cheaper. People who bought it earlier pay more for the benefit of wearing it earlier (and also mitigate the risk of lack of sizes). Also note that discounted items are usually not refundable in these stores. Stop flogging the dead horse. Its so dead its no longer fresh enough for sashimi. Soon we will get skeletal horse in the crown store and we'll know why.

You need to align your goals with ZOS goals. Most players want a good game and ZOS wants to earn money. Pressuring developers to release things for cheap is neither the goal of most players or ZOS. The game is relatively cheap for the number of hours it provides.
  • Diesosoon
    Diesosoon
    ✭✭✭
    xellink wrote: »

Usually within the last 28 days. Once they are out of season, they get cheaper. People who bought it earlier pay more for the benefit of wearing it earlier (and also mitigate the risk of lack of sizes). Also note that discounted items are usually not refundable in these stores. Stop flogging the dead horse. Its so dead its no longer fresh enough for sashimi. Soon we will get skeletal horse in the crown store and we'll know why.

You need to align your goals with ZOS goals. Most players want a good game and ZOS wants to earn money. Pressuring developers to release things for cheap is neither the goal of most players or ZOS. The game is relatively cheap for the number of hours it provides.

I am still within my 28 days :smiley:

~Guilds~ |Guilds|
  • xellink
    xellink
    ✭✭✭
    I am still within my 28 days :smiley:

Consider contacting customer support if you bought it off ESO website. IF you got it on steam, standard steam rules apply.

Steam Rules
    You may refund if you have not played it longer than two hours and not owned it longer than two weeks.
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brrrofski You don't want thing like this coming on ESO as well http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/19828056/coming-soon-dynamic-bundles-8-7-2015

4umkyfs.png

Why?
    Edited by Wow on September 17, 2016 8:45AM
  • Diesosoon
    Diesosoon
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Can we please get so ZOS input on this discussion? I know refunds aren't available after some research but dynamic pricing could still be a thing.

~Guilds~ |Guilds|
  • kontroll
    kontroll
    Soul Shriven
    The same thing happened with GW2. Older players got seriously stiffed, and after massive outrage ANet made some slight concessions with the expansion package. But the fact still remained that if you paid for the game on release, you'd then have to pay for the expansion too (with nothing to show for it), whereas newer players just got the base game for free, and a load of account perks that older players didn't get.